Favorite activities on GoOahu card and a question?

blessed2BaMama

Earning My Ears
We are going to buy the go Oahu four-day card from Costco . As we prepare to make reservations for some activities I wondered which of the 34 activities included on the card are your favorite ? we also wondered if you are required to use the hotel transport for the Diamondhead and Makapu'u lighthouse tour as we have a rental car and will not need transportation but we would like to use the card to pay any entrance fees ? Ideas??

We did not purchase the Go Oahu card but did several of the activities they offer.

Kualoa Ranch Tours - We did the Premier Movie Site Tour which is longer and more expensive than the one offered through the Go Oahu card. The one we did also went through the jungle and around more of the grounds, so if you're interested in more than one Kualoa Ranch tour, you may want to look at doing the Ranch on your own for more options.

Dole Plantation Train Ride & Maze- We did the train ride and it was a cute thing but only 20 minutes long, and you're really just seeing where they grow things. Not a ton to see. We didn't do the Maze but it didn't look very large or exciting. Maybe ideal for kids.

USS Arizona Memorial - We did a tour to Pearl Harbor that facilitated getting our tickets for us, as well as transportation. We really enjoyed this and I would definitely recommend it.

Diamond Head Hike - I would recommend using the shuttle service if they provide one because parking at Diamond Head is very limited. The shuttles have designated space at the starting point, and you may have to walk quite a distance before even being at the start if you self park.

Waimea Valley - Beautiful place and you can swim in the water where the waterfall is at the end of the trail. We were there for about an hour, but did not swim.

Byodo-In Temple - Very cool place, but small. We happened to be passing by it so we stopped in, but were probably only there for 20 minutes. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. It's near Kualoa Ranch.

Several of these activities are in different parts of the island. For instance, we did Kualoa Ranch and the Temple on the same day. We did Waimea Valley and the Dole Plantation on another day. We didn't do Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor on the same day, though it's possible I would say. I will also say that was very sweaty and gross after Diamond Head and all I wanted to do was shower!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter