Fastpass for Monsters?

TSRE

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if there are fastpasses available for Monsters? If not, are the waits usually long, or not too bad? Thanks!

You know- I don't remember seeing any machines for it. We went in the middle of Feb and they were still having problems with it not working all the time. The line was never that long for us. I think the longest we waited was 10 minutes. If the line is out the door it will be longer than 10 minutes. I hope that helps.

We went when it opened and one you go past those doors it can be about 35 minutes.. Don't let it fool you..

They do need a fast pass. You would have thought that would have built it that way..

There are no fastpasses and they probably won't need them once the 'new ride" thrill has worn off. This is one of the best family rides in DCA on par with Peter Pan. A 20-30 minute wait for the ride is about right and is probably where the line will settle into by the end of this summer.

Thanks for the info. We are going in May - I'm thinking we should try it early in the day to avoid a big wait, since the other big rides in DCA are ones we can use fastpass for. I'd rather not have even a 30 minute wait if we don't have to - we have gotten so used to virtually no waits between the fastpasses & using the Unofficial plan (and being there for a week!)

Warning: we stood in line for about an hour, along with crying kids in front and behind us, for a ride that lasted about two minutes. We certainly were not impressed. Maybe if there were a 10 minute wait it would be ok. Its highly over-rated.

Was just a DL last week and nope, still no fast pass machines. Not sure if there ever will be, I'll have to ask next time I go. Anyhow, ended up spending about 30 minutes in line. Monster's Inc is definitely the Peter Pan ride of DCA.

okay sorry to to hurt any ones feelings but this ride is not over-rated. If you take it like a dark ride, in Fantasyland then you'll be feeling good about this ride in fact maybe more..it's more 4-D pay attention to smell...DCA is trying to hit the mark. First comers said of this park that it was not kid friendly..so here we go a great kid friendly ride (I'm 49 and enjoyed...) Roz, talks to you, it really follows the story line so great...please do not go in looking for a Tower of Terror expierence. I was listening to all the hype about the pooh ride in Critter Country, and I was dissappointed, I learned a good lesson. Wait , and judge it for yourself. Since this "rebirth" of opinion I have learned a new apperciation to new rides. I love Disney!! :tink:

I don't think they planned for this ride to be a fast pass ride in the beginning. When we went it was during the soft openings so the lines were about 30 minutes long. I didn't think this ride was over rated at all it was cute but not one of those rides I would wait in a long ride for. That's really not saying alot because with all the rides at disney that I have never waited in line for more then 30 minutes! This is not my favorite ride at DCA but I would ride it again.

We just got back and it said the wait was 35 minutes, and my kids didn't want to wait that long. I was hoping to ride it, but certainly wasn't going to wait that long if my kids didn't.
Jeni

I learned my lesson with the Pooh ride. I was really disappointed with Pooh. I thought it was going to be a lot more, so I'm not going into Monsters with any preconceived notions. I think a lot of my disappointment was with the fact that Pooh replaced Country Bears, which holds some nostalgia for me. But even my DD who was 4 or 5 at the time, looked at me and said," is that all there is?" I guess we're thrill seekers. :)

I am looking forward to riding monsters. My kids don't know we're going but I'm sure they'll want to try it out when we get there. I think we'll try to hit this one first thing in the a.m. or later in the evening.

We loved monsters! We were there last week during the downpours, and it was a walk on. The rest of the week we always saw a significant line, so when we saw it empty we jumped at the chance! We thought it was cute, fun visually, and loved Roz at the end!!! When it was over my 5 year old wanted to do it again, and we told him sure (always ready to get back on a ride with no line! :thumbsup2 ) This is the same 5 year old that generally prefers TOT and Space, so he is not usually impressed by the dark rides. If the line is more than 15 minutes, I'd try to catch it at another time.

That's good to know HeatherAnn! My kids are DD10 & DS 6 and they both love the Monsters movie. I'm looking forward to the ride. It's always fun to try something new at DL.

We leave in a little more than 3 weeks and are hoping for some sun. As you know Oregon's had more than it's share this year so far :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter