Fashion advice needed........help!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Ok, I have read the thread re dining attire but need to ask about your experience! In Nov we will be going on the 4 night cruise, how formal is the dress code for women on the semi-formal night? Would a smart dress or trouser suit be OK, or is it evening gowns and ball dresses?

Then on the 7 night cruise, how formal is the formal night? I would love some idea of exactly what people where before I go and buy a new outfit.....only to find I look out of place when we get there!!! Anxiety!!!

Thanks for your fashion guidance!

There really is a huge range of what people wear those nights. There are some gowns, but you would not feel out of place in a nice dress or nice pant suit at all. Wear what you feel comfy in. I have only been on the Magic, so I can not speak for the Wonder....

The Wonder does not have a semi-formal or formal night. It is much more "casual" than the 7 night Magic cruises.

You will be fine on the Wonder in whatever you are comfortable with wearing.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by Debs Hill
Ok, I have read the thread re dining attire but need to ask about your experience! In Nov we will be going on the 4 night cruise, how formal is the dress code for women on the semi-formal night? Would a smart dress or trouser suit be OK, or is it evening gowns and ball dresses?

Then on the 7 night cruise, how formal is the formal night? I would love some idea of exactly what people where before I go and buy a new outfit.....only to find I look out of place when we get there!!! Anxiety!!!

Thanks for your fashion guidance!

There is no formal or semi formal night on the four day.

On the seven night, we found the formal night to be fairly formal. The majority of women were in full length gowns or fancy cocktail dresses (beaded or sequined). There were some in what I call "Easter Sunday Church clothes" street length dresses that would be dressier than a business dress, but not formal. And of course there were a few in the "I'm on vacation and don't give a rats behind what DCL is requesting me to wear, so I'm going to dress like I cleaned out the garage today" mode. If you are so inclined, you can't be "overdressed" on formal night :)

On the semi formal a smart, dressy pant suit or dress would be fine. You'll see some more dressed while others will be less so.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter