Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

I checked the DCL website for our cruise and they only have Second Seating for dinner at 6 months out. I guess this will not be an issue for our California friends because early dining might be too early:confused3

We are on the second seating - that was all that was left. I think its ok, because it gives us more time in port, but it might be hard for the kids. I may try to switch onboard the first day. What do you experienced cruisers think? Anyone done second seating with kids? :confused3

We are on the second seating - that was all that was left. I think its ok, because it gives us more time in port, but it might be hard for the kids. I may try to switch onboard the first day. What do you experienced cruisers think? Anyone done second seating with kids? :confused3

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise and we've had 2nd seating each time. On our first we had the earlier time but I switched it after reading comments on here. Second seating is definitely the right time for us. We usually weren't eating breakfast til 8 or 9 which meant lunch was around 1:30 so we wouldn't have been hungry for the early dining. If my kids needed a snack to hold them over, we ordered the cheese tray from room service or went to the counter service by the pool.

Also like late better so we have time to get dressed up for dinner. Most days for dd and I that means a shower and blow dry which takes some time but to me was necessary for good pics. :) We would have lost a lot of our day if we had the early time.

Also cool that the kids' club staff picks kids up about half way through late dining. We've never taken advantage of this but nice to have the option to do so.

I know there are others that feel there are many pros to early dining, but for my family we will always choose late. :) I've read many threads on here discussing the pros and cons of each. I'm sure if you do a search, you would find some other perspectives.

Picking the seating time is a preference. Some like early and others like the second seating. I wasn't pointing out that the best seating is gone, I was just noting that this cruise must be filling up because first seating is full:thumbsup2

We chose first seating because my DW typically doesnt eat after 9:00 p.m. with her weight watchers rules;) Also, we have some early birds with my parents cruising with us. I have seen them nodding at the shows after a good meal:rotfl:

The clubs pick up children half way through second seating as a convenience for those children that want to leave and let the adults enjoy a later meal.

Thanks for your thoughts Renee & Joe. I can see the advantages of both. I think we'll stick with the late seating - guess we'll see you at dinner Renee!:goodvibes

Can those who've been to Grand Cayman share how the tendering process works?

Thanks!
Joy

Can those who've been to Grand Cayman share how the tendering process works?

Thanks!
Joy

I've never tendered before, but I have read a lot of trip reports:rotfl:

If you are on an excursion or have Conceirge Level, you have priority tendering. The excursion people meet at their assigned locations and then get off the ship together.

Those who have not booked excursions have to go to a restaurant like Animators Palate to get their tendering tickets.

Some people have reported that at the peek of the morning tendering off the ship, it took close to an hour:scared1:

For those who have taken Western cruises, please let me know if I read the trip reports correctly:thumbsup2

I just realized that all of my DD's will celebrate their birthdays on a holiday this year:

Middle DD - Mother's Day
Youngest DD - Memorial Day
Oldest DD - 4th of July

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

My4PhillyGirls said:
I just realized that all of my DD's will celebrate their birthdays on a holiday this year:

Middle DD - Mother's Day
Youngest DD - Memorial Day
Oldest DD - 4th of July

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Using my phone. This winter is the Worst. No power. Jimmied heat. Probably losing spring break. College board doesn't care how much school kids missed. Ap test is May 5, ready or not.
Sorry, I'll end my pity party now, but I've HAD it, and yet, winter is threatening to kill my back even more this weekend...
Sigh. Is it Aug, yet?????

Using my phone. This winter is the Worst. No power. Jimmied heat. Probably losing spring break. College board doesn't care how much school kids missed. Ap test is May 5, ready or not.
Sorry, I'll end my pity party now, but I've HAD it, and yet, winter is threatening to kill my back even more this weekend...

Hang in there Joy. 6 more weeks and this will be all over:thumbsup2

February2014IPhone5S003_zps4cc39ea3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Guess what came in the mail yesterday:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:cheer2: I am cheering you on to leave the pity party to others. Sorry to hear about your winter woes, but August is closer then it was last month, LOL. Think warm thoughts and FE projects!!! :cool1:

Dream along with me...I've been sketching and counting the days. It'll be here before you know it!

18975529db4ad58483654860891076b3b9e7383e.jpg

We're eating during Second seating. Yes, we're from Kalifornia. We also like the fact we can take as long as we want to finish dinner. Are there any others that may want to join us (DH, DW, DGS-12) for dinner?

We're eating during Second seating. Yes, we're from Kalifornia. We also like the fact we can take as long as we want to finish dinner. Are there any others that may want to join us (DH, DW, DGS-12) for dinner?

:wave2: I would have loved to join you, but the FAM wants to eat earlier. What city do you live in?? Are you doing the FE???

Life has been so crazy since DH booked us on this sailing. I just got all caught up - don't even know how many pages I had to read through. It's COLD down here in Texas. Today we got a dusting of snow, and as usual the city practically shut down. :rolleyes2
There's a reason I don't live further north, and I went to college in SOUTHERN Arizona! And it's not because I like this frozen stuff. (Would you believe me if I said I'm allergic to cold weather!:rotfl2:)
we are doing Disney transport, since are going to spend a couple days at the World in one of the Art of Animation family suites.
We stayed in the Cars section of AoA last year over New Year's and loved it. We usually stay DVC but nothing was available when we decided to book. Now kids want to stay there again. The theming and details are fantastic!

Somewhere on the dis, I read a post where the OP was complaining about being to tired to journal in the evenings. Another poster chimed in to suggest using a smart phone to do a video journal. You could simply do a quick: "today is August 2, we got on board, ate at Cabanas, hung out by the pools, enjoyed the dis group meet, had first dinner at ______, skipped the welcome aboard show and hung out in O'Gill's." Which would take all of 30 seconds to record, and might not have too many details, but might be better than nothing.

I've Never been good at journaling, but I want to try this idea. I _think_ I could do it.
I love this idea. I'm a scrapper but find I'm too tired to "document" whenever we go on vacation. I don't know why I never thought to do this before, but I will definitely for this cruise! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Joe--looks like we may be doing a late June trip to Gettysburg, Lancaster, and Philly! My son is getting into history and we want to encourage his interest! Omni looks like it'd be a nice place to stay--can you confirm?
My DS (3rd grader) is totally into American history, especially presidents. For the past 2 years just about every book he's checked out of library has been about a president or historical event. If only we could get away from taking Disney vacations we'd be able to go to some historical sites. :scared1: WHAT AM I SAYING!!!!

One of the things that I like about living on the East Coast is the fact that we have all four seasons:)
I used to hear that all the time when I worked in Tucson. My response, "We have 4 seasons here: 3 months fall, 3 months spring, 6 months summer, and 2 days winter - you just don't know which 2 days it's going to be."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter