Fantasy 2/5 Sailing Modified (Mexico + Bahamas)

Kwami

DIS Veteran
So, I guess that's another sailing that won't be visiting the Virgin Islands.

Saturday: Port Canaveral (Onboard @ 3:45pm)
Sunday: Castaway Cay (8:30am - 4:45pm)
Monday: Nassau (8:00am - 3:00pm)
Tuesday: At Sea
Wednesday: Costa Maya (Noon - 6:15pm)
Thursday: Cozumel (8:30am - 4:45pm)
Friday: At Sea
Saturday: Port Canaveral (Debark @ 7:30am)

EDIT: Updated with the times at each port.

Last edited:
We almost jumped on that sailing last minute. Glad we didn’t. We already had one eastern changed to western in October. Wouldn’t want to be on another one that changed.

In October, we ported on Mexico early enough for full days there.

So, I guess that's another sailing that won't be visiting the Virgin Islands.

Saturday: Port Canaveral
Sunday: Castaway Cay
Monday: Nassau
Tuesday: At Sea
Wednesday: Costa Maya
Thursday: Cozumel
Friday: At Sea
Saturday: Port Canaveral

It would be nice to know what time we'll be in each port and which day my Remy Dessert event will move to, but they're not telling us so far. :(

Did you get an e-mail notification about the change? I've been expecting this change based on the last few sailings, but the website is still showing it as an Eastern.

It would be nice to know what time we'll be in each port and which day my Remy Dessert event will move to, but they're not telling us so far. :(

At least yours didn't get canceled! We were looking forward to Remy brunch but apparently it isn't being offered at all this sailing.

I can't figure out why DCL is not going there when Norwegian Epic and RCCL Explorer of the Seas are in St Thomas right now?

So frustrating; on this cruise and knew this was likely going to happen. I have the same questions about why DCL can't go there but others are? Maybe it's because DCL ships are less full than the others?

So... the 1/15 got the change notice the Thursday before the cruise, the 1/22 on Wednesday, the 1/29 on Tuesday and the 2/5 on Monday... I am starting to see a pattern...

I have the same questions about why DCL can't go there but others are?
I believe it has to do with testing requirements. Don't both ports require a negative PCR test within X days of the port stop? I don't know if DCL is doing onboard PCR tests, and they definitely are not doing ship-wide testing onboard.

Why do they keep changing the eastern itineraries?

"Given continued uncertainty regarding requirements and protocols for visiting some of these destinations, we've made the decision to modify your itinerary."

They'll probably never tell us more than that.

Anyone who has experience announced itinerary changes in the past know whether reservations for SWDAS character meets and Royal Tea get moved automatically (it would currently be on CC day)?

I'm assuming I shouldn't cancel any of these activities because of the change and let them carry over but if they aren't going to automatically transfer I'd like to have my head on a swivel if I'm going to need to re-register, and I don't want say a kids club reservation cause them no to reschedule for the experience on a different day since there is a schedule conflict.

Anyone who has experience announced itinerary changes in the past know whether reservations for SWDAS character meets and Royal Tea get moved automatically (it would currently be on CC day)?

I'm assuming I shouldn't cancel any of these activities because of the change and let them carry over but if they aren't going to automatically transfer I'd like to have my head on a swivel if I'm going to need to re-register, and I don't want say a kids club reservation cause them no to reschedule for the experience on a different day since there is a schedule conflict.

They'll reschedule everything automatically, if possible. I had this happen back in September with a Palo brunch when they changed my itinerary. I'm waiting for them to move my Remy dessert this time.

So far, they've updating the cruise title to "Western Caribbean", they've updated the ports and times, and they move my bike rentals to the new CC day. So, I guess they're working on it!

Right, I'm more concerned with having a say a kids club reservation at a time that will now be for Royal Court Tea, because the days are being moved around, and because of the kids club reservation them no re-booking the original reservation.

I understand that they will move things to try to accommodate, my concern is more with how they handle potential conflicts when things get moving.

I wonder which day is Star Wars DAS, now. On other recently changed Fantasy cruises, was SWDAS on Tuesday or Friday?

With itinerary changes, they swap a few things... but not everything. For example, I cruised last week and they swapped Palo/Remy brunch bookings as well as port adventures and maybe tasting between Day 2 and Day 7, but that was it. With that said, there were no issues cancelling youth activities appointments, and there were plenty of availability onboard as it relates to kids club

With itinerary changes, they swap a few things... but not everything. For example, I cruised last week and they swapped Palo/Remy brunch bookings as well as port adventures and maybe tasting between Day 2 and Day 7, but that was it. With that said, there were no issues cancelling youth activities appointments, and there were plenty of availability onboard as it relates to kids club
Just curious - about how long after they announced the change before the automatic change showed up for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter