• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fanny packs... kind of long

Unofficial627

Mouseketeer
I have a question/suggestion. For the question... does anyone know of these things called "Camelback"s (I think that is the name). They are geared mostly for bikers, hikers, etc. If you don't know the name, it looks like a very thin backpack and has a clear blue tube protruding from one side. Inside of the backpack is a plastic bag that holds a certain amount of water. That sack is connected to the tube and whenever you want a drink, you just take one. Now, I don't know about you, but for WDW, I thought that this would be a great thing to have. But, knowing that the heat is terrible, having something on your back can make it worse... but I happend to run across a fanny pack version of this. My question is, (finally:))do you think these things are allowed in the parks? Has anyone ever tried to use it in a park and have you had any trouble (secruity wise)?. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

While I don't know the details you are asking for, I have seen 2-3 people with the Camelback device at WDW.

We have the fanny pack one. Yes it is allowed in the parks, they will want to look inside for security. We fill it with ice and water each morning. Then at lunch we order a bottle of water and a few cups of ice to refill (there are two of us sharing one pack). We wrap the inner bladder with a wash cloth to help keep it cold, the pack is insulated. We love it and it does help with the heat, we go every sept. Plus it helps with cost of drinks. We have gotten a few odd looks, especially while standing in line. Ours came with instructions to not use carbinated drinks. Can you tell me where you found your fanny pack, we picked ours up on a military installation and it was the last one. Thinking of getting another one.

Thanks for the info! I didn't get one yet... but I found it at Eastern Mountain Sports at our local mall. I imagine you could find it in some sport supply store or hiking-based store. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter