Family of 4 Hong Kong Hotel help

jenshell75

Mouseketeer
I am finding it so hard to locate any accommodation in Hong Kong on the Internet that will fit a family of 4. If you have been to HK or know of someone who has stayed with a family of 4 can you please advise of the hotels.

We are staying for 19 nights I have booked the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort :cool1: for 3 nights over Christmas. :santa: That was easy but we all know that when dealing with Disney most things are easy and stress free. :rotfl:

Thanks in advance :)
Jen and The Harvey's

With that amount of time in Hong Kong you might like to consider a vaction rental which will give you a little (not alot!!) more room than a hotel and it would probably be cheaper, www.airbnb.com is a good plce to start there is alot of Hong Kong listings.

If you don't feel comfortable with that try searching on expedia where you can put in the children as part of you booking and that will at least give you which hotels can take 4 in a room and you can narrow the seach from there - be careful with bed size as I know I wouldn't be happy to share a double bed for those many nights! You will probably need to put dummy dates into expedia as many hotels don't book this far out through third party sites.

We had three weeks in Hong Kong about 4 years ago and had a great time, thought the Disneyland Hotel was just lovely. Have you looked at annual passes (I think it is called magic pass??) as it gives you up to 25% discount on your room - only one person needs to have it to qualify. We all (2 adults, 2 children) got annual passes when we went and there were a few days when one of the adults went off on thier own and the other took the kids to disneyland for part of or the whole day, kept everyone happy.

Enjoy your holiday :yay:

With that amount of time in Hong Kong you might like to consider a vaction rental which will give you a little (not alot!!) more room than a hotel and it would probably be cheaper, www.airbnb.com is a good plce to start there is alot of Hong Kong listings.

If you don't feel comfortable with that try searching on expedia where you can put in the children as part of you booking and that will at least give you which hotels can take 4 in a room and you can narrow the seach from there - be careful with bed size as I know I wouldn't be happy to share a double bed for those many nights! You will probably need to put dummy dates into expedia as many hotels don't book this far out through third party sites.

We had three weeks in Hong Kong about 4 years ago and had a great time, thought the Disneyland Hotel was just lovely. Have you looked at annual passes (I think it is called magic pass??) as it gives you up to 25% discount on your room - only one person needs to have it to qualify. We all (2 adults, 2 children) got annual passes when we went and there were a few days when one of the adults went off on thier own and the other took the kids to disneyland for part of or the whole day, kept everyone happy.

Enjoy your holiday :yay:

Thanks for that info Zaccy. You are the second person to mention AirBnB. I was on there today and sent off a few emails. I will definitely get an Annual pass for Disney. PIO mentioned that deal in one of her TR's. I am so excited I just want to figure out the room / hotel issue and then I can work on an itinerary.

Better get back to the computer :surfweb:

Thanks for that info Zaccy. You are the second person to mention AirBnB. I was on there today and sent off a few emails. I will definitely get an Annual pass for Disney. PIO mentioned that deal in one of her TR's. I am so excited I just want to figure out the room / hotel issue and then I can work on an itinerary.

Better get back to the computer :surfweb:

I was going to mention AirBnB too. The other place to try is the Chi Residency. They have apartments.

And Zaccy was the one that talked me into the Annual Pass as well. It was definitely a tip worth following. :thumbsup2

I believe all of the Marriott hotels handle a family of four but they might be booked for Christmas.

OK I have messaged a few places on AirBnB however I am worried about things like fire safety and building security. Have any of you used AirBnB in Hong Kong can you recommend someone.

:confused3

Not me, sorry.

I know ehsmum stayed at one of the Chi Residence places in Hong Kong. She did mention it in my TR.....somewhere.

I stayed at the Salisbury YMCA a few years ago and they have family suites. It's in a brilliant location, was super clean and safe and the staff were lovely too.
http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/sales/html/e_FS.htm
I don't know how old your kids are and if they would share a fold out but its another option for you.

Hello - We have traveled as a family of 4 to HK a couple of times. Other than the HK Disneyland Hotels, these are some options we found:

Langham Place
The Langham
The Salisbury

And, I think the Holiday Inn does also from memory.

It all depends of a couple of points:

1 - Are you here for a Disney vacation?
2 - Do you want to see other areas of Hong Kong?
3 - Your hotel budget.

If you are planning to spend most of your time around Disneyland, then I would suggest staying as near to Disneyland as possible. On the other hand the closer you stay to down town, then the cost of hotels increases big time.

I would suggest that you look into, The Panda Hotel in Tsuen Wan.
https://www.pandahotel.com.hk/

I have put up plenty of people in the Panda, and for the location and cost, it is great! I would suggest you check the cost with your local travel agent, but do also call the Panda that you are staying for three weeks, thus get a better cost. Trust me it would be worth the cost of a phone call. The Panda is near to Disneyland, and connected to the public (MTR) transportation. This (cheap) public transportation will take you anywhere including Disneyland, that you would ever want to go in Hong Kong.

Another area that you might like to check out for a hotel, is Tung Chung. If you want help for me to suggest a place there, I would be happy to help.

Please stay away from the tourist traps in Hong Kong, I can help you with a list of many places to see, some off of the beaten track, but still on the MTR public transportation line. If you have a list, post it here and I would be happy to tell you about each place.

I'm a western guy who has lived in Hong Kong for over 25 years, and I live in Tsuen Wan myself. Let's have a coffee in Disneyland, I go to Hong Kong Disneyland twice a week. I could even help you with some tips and tricks how to make your Disneyland vacation a little more special.

Check back here often, tomorrow or Thursday I will go and start posting every menu of the park. You will then have some idea what to expect, and what to budget. Hong Kong Disneyland does not allow any food of any kind or any liquid into the park. I would NOT suggest AirBnB in Hong Kong. Take care at Christmas, all Magic Pass (Annual Pass) are block out except one.

Cheers:

In regards to dining, I've heard that they serve afternoon tea at the cafe on main street. Do you know any thing about this? Are there certain hours? Do they offer it all the time out just for special events? Do you need/ can you make reservations? Thanks for any info you have!

Yes, the Corner Cafe on Main Street has an afternoon tea set. This is not the traditional English high tea with sandwiches, but some specials for a tea set. The tea set menu changes quite often. I have had it several times, it is worth a try, and the price is reasonable. Tea time is around 2:00pm to 5:00pm. I will go to the park this week, I will photo the menu. No need to make a reservation, walk right in any time you like.

The best traditional high tea in Hong Kong is at The Peninsula Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui.
http://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/hotel/peninsula-hong-kong/?glid=LglhGdotEBn&gclid=CPiiu97Wp7cCFeU34godAC4ArQ
A MUST TRY!

Cheers:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter