Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

Since everyone is applying or going to the program in the Fall I thought it would be cool to see where everyone is coming from. I know I'm coming from pretty far away and I wanted to see about everyone else.

Im Sam/Samantha and I go to Universtiy of California Davis. Its about 2 hours east of San Francisco. Im an animal biology major and hope to do the professional internship. Im really excited about this program, but i have a confession....I've only flown in an airplane once and I was really little.:rolleyes1
Im nervous that Ill have to fly to florida all by myself. (Don't worry Im a big girl:cutie:)

How about everyone else? Where are you coming from and how are you getting there?

Since everyone is applying or going to the program in the Fall I thought it would be cool to see where everyone is coming from. I know I'm coming from pretty far away and I wanted to see about everyone else.

Im Sam/Samantha and I go to Universtiy of California Davis. Its about 2 hours east of San Francisco. Im an animal biology major and hope to do the professional internship. Im really excited about this program, but i have a confession....I've only flown in an airplane once and I was really little.:rolleyes1
Im nervous that Ill have to fly to florida all by myself. (Don't worry Im a big girl:cutie:)

How about everyone else? Where are you coming from and how are you getting there?

OMG! My best friend is from Davis, California! He's at Disney also, as a character performer! that is really awesome!

Thats so funny. Is he doing the college program? If so The one at disneyland or disneyworld? Disneyland is so much closer, but doesn't have nearly the amount of opportunities.

Thats so funny. Is he doing the college program? If so The one at disneyland or disneyworld? Disneyland is so much closer, but doesn't have nearly the amount of opportunities.

he did the career start program, and now works part time. he's in WDW right now. he's having some troubles, and thinks about going to DL, just because it would be easier, but i think he may stay in WDW for a while.

small world!

Hi all! I'm Molly, I'm applying for the Fall Advantage program, and I had my interview this morning. My interviewer was so nice! I put down Character Performer and Character Attendant as my top two picks, so she asked me about those - what would I do if a kid was hitting me as a character or hitting the character I was helping, or how I would respond to a kid who was afraid of me as a character, stuff like that.

I have to audition sometime, probably be in Atlanta. I'm 4'9", I have no idea what roles there are for my height, but I'm hoping being so short will help get me something! :) I don't have much of a background in dance/theater - will I be at a huge disadvantage? Do you guys have any suggestions of things I could work on?

Hope to see you all this summer! =)

Hi all! I'm Molly, I'm applying for the Fall Advantage program, and I had my interview this morning. My interviewer was so nice! I put down Character Performer and Character Attendant as my top two picks, so she asked me about those - what would I do if a kid was hitting me as a character or hitting the character I was helping, or how I would respond to a kid who was afraid of me as a character, stuff like that.

I have to audition sometime, probably be in Atlanta. I'm 4'9", I have no idea what roles there are for my height, but I'm hoping being so short will help get me something! :) I don't have much of a background in dance/theater - will I be at a huge disadvantage? Do you guys have any suggestions of things I could work on?

Hey there!!
you are so lucky being 4'9"! you get to be friends with the boss himself!! and his Duck friends!
as for auditions, i will be at auditions too! only in chicago.
I know there is an animation exercise to do. Like "meeting your favorite character", then act it out. The dance exercise, I heard, is easy at first, then gets more difficult towards the end. I believe that if you show enthusiasm, smile, know the dance, and have fun, you should be okay. I'm pretty nervous myself... i haven't done difficult dances in 2 years, so it might be a little rough!
Good luck with the auditions, and congrats on your interview!

Hello!

I'm from Iowa and hope to audition in Des Moines.

I earned my bachelor's degree in Communication Arts/Electronic Media/Public Relations. I worked for a year at a news station but HATED it.

Now I'm working on my Master's degree in Higher Education - Student Affairs with a college teaching certificate. I'll be graduating in May and hope to be selected for the Fall Advantage program!

My husband and I will be driving down from Iowa so that I will have my car, then he'll be catching a plane home!

I applied for hospitality in the fall 08 advantage. I had my interview last thursday. They said to wait 2-3 weeks and i should know. does anyone know how long it took before they knew?

im also looking for roommates if i get in.

i think looking for roommates is a good idea. And even if you don't have someone from the dis as a roommate, you'll at least know other people there!

I applied for hospitality in the fall 08 advantage. I had my interview last thursday. They said to wait 2-3 weeks and i should know. does anyone know how long it took before they knew?

when i did my first program, i think i got my letter like about 2-2 1/2 weeks after my interview. I remember i was really surprised when i got my letter b/c i thought it would take longer. but you never know :) !

I'll be coming from central Missouri! I still don't have the details worked out of whether I'll be driving or flying. I really WANT to drive down so I have a car, but at the moment I'm not sure my little Jeep could handle that ridiculous drive down! I guess first I need to get accepted and then I can worry about the details though lol. Keep your fingers crossed for me! My interview is in two days!!

I'll be coming from central Missouri! I still don't have the details worked out of whether I'll be driving or flying. I really WANT to drive down so I have a car, but at the moment I'm not sure my little Jeep could handle that ridiculous drive down! I guess first I need to get accepted and then I can worry about the details though lol. Keep your fingers crossed for me! My interview is in two days!!

Hey Ashley - are you planning on Auditioning? If so, what are the chances you'd go to Des Moines?!? I haven't found anyone else coming to Des Moines (of course it would help if the dates were posted :laughing: )!

I've driven it many a time from here, Ashley. It isn't THAT bad. We usually took 2 days to get down there. I'm driving so maybe we could go down together (in separate cars, of course cause Lord knows we're both taking tons of stuff).

I'm driving so maybe we could go down together (in separate cars, of course cause Lord knows we're both taking tons of stuff).

CP Caravan! Awesome! I may jump on this band wagon too (being that I have to drive through your state on my way down)!

That would be so fun! I know Ashley and I are doing just the Fall program. I wish I could do Advantage but I have an "internship." It's required...ehh

That would be so fun! I know Ashley and I are doing just the Fall program. I wish I could do Advantage but I have an "internship." It's required...ehh

Oh shoot - well, there's still a chance I might do the fall too, it depends on when they want me! Haha - still a good idea though!

Oh wow! That's a great height! And it doesn't matter if you don't dance. I know people who got performer who don't dance. Character attendant is good too. I did that back in 2006, and am still seasonal.

First CP- 11 days.
Second CP- over 2 months (due to an audition)
Third CP- about 2, 2 1/2 weeks

Oh wow! That's a great height! And it doesn't matter if you don't dance. I know people who got performer who don't dance. Character attendant is good too. I did that back in 2006, and am still seasonal.

Oh good! Thanks so much! I was worried that not doing much dancing would be a big problem, but I think I'm coordinated to learn moves and such, hopefully! :) And being a character attendant would be piles of fun, I really just want to be in Disneyworld! =)

I didn't realize height mattered so much with characters, now I'm happy to be so short! hehe. I keep seeing this thing about some special Disney height dealie? What's that about?

I think you are referring to the way Disney measures height. Sometimes they measure you an inch or 2 shorter than you "normally" are. OR, they measure you a half inch up or down to fit the roles they need. Hope that helps answer your question.

I'm getting jealous! I wish I could drive and join your caravan, but I really don't think I can drive my beat up bug across the country. If someone were to swing by and pick me up I'd be all set to go! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter