Fall 2010 Professional Internships

My request to interview arrived yesterday and my phone screening is scheduled for this Saturday at 6pm, not ideal but it was all they had. Looking forward to Saturday!

I'm mostly a lurker, but I wanted to let everyone know some of the questions they asked me during my screening interview for 2 Management Internships: Theme Park Operations, and Lodging.

The interview lasted about 25 minutes, and the call arrive right on time from a "blocked" number

I don't remember who my interviewer was, but she was super bubbly with a slight southern accent.

1. Decribe your past working experience, please hgihlight what about the job you liked the most.
  2. Communication: describe a situation where there was a conflict with a client, boss, or other work related person and how it was resolved.
  3. Flexibility: Describe a situation where you demonstrated flexibility
  4. Teamwork: Are you more independent or team realted? Describe what good team work is to you.
  5. Computer skills: Rate low, medium, or high on various computer programs.
  6. Language: Do you speak another language and what is your proficiency in that language?
  7. Leadership: Describe past leadership roles.
  8. Rate what your preference in work areas would be
  9. Do you have anything else that you would like to mention that was not already covered in the interview.

She said that I would hear back something by May 1st at the very latest, and that I did a great job.:banana:

Now the waiting begins.:surfweb:

Good luck everyone else!!!!!

So here's a question. I applied for Management Internships and checked off many Alumni-only PIs. My interviewer on my 2nd interview asked me to rank my top 4 overall.

Will that affect me being considered for the ones I did not rank? I mean, I would be happy with any of the alumni PIs that I checked off...

I applied for 5, ranked my top three, had second round interviews for two (my third and fourth choice) and was offered my fourth. It sounds like four is becoming more of the norm, it was hard to select my top three. But if you are qualified for those beyond your top choices, they must still get your stuff. My PI was Spring 09.

So I just had my interview. I'm not to sure how to judge how it went :confused3. We'll see, the wait will be the worst part.

I'm mostly a lurker, but I wanted to let everyone know some of the questions they asked me during my screening interview for 2 Management Internships: Theme Park Operations, and Lodging.

The interview lasted about 25 minutes, and the call arrive right on time from a "blocked" number

I don't remember who my interviewer was, but she was super bubbly with a slight southern accent.

1. Decribe your past working experience, please hgihlight what about the job you liked the most.
  2. Communication: describe a situation where there was a conflict with a client, boss, or other work related person and how it was resolved.
  3. Flexibility: Describe a situation where you demonstrated flexibility
  4. Teamwork: Are you more independent or team realted? Describe what good team work is to you.
  5. Computer skills: Rate low, medium, or high on various computer programs.
  6. Language: Do you speak another language and what is your proficiency in that language?
  7. Leadership: Describe past leadership roles.
  8. Rate what your preference in work areas would be
  9. Do you have anything else that you would like to mention that was not already covered in the interview.

She said that I would hear back something by May 1st at the very latest, and that I did a great job.:banana:

Now the waiting begins.:surfweb:

Good luck everyone else!!!!!

Thanks so much for that!

Did anyone apply for an alumni one, have a screening interview and then apply for a management one? This is what I'm thinking about doing and I'm curious if they would require a separate screening interview in addition to the alumni one, or just use the same answers!

Secondly, anyone else out there still haven't applied yet? I'm still waiting to hear back from some people about my resume/cover letter.

So here's a question. I applied for Management Internships and checked off many Alumni-only PIs. My interviewer on my 2nd interview asked me to rank my top 4 overall.

Will that affect me being considered for the ones I did not rank? I mean, I would be happy with any of the alumni PIs that I checked off...

You had a second interview already? Was it a second screening interview or was it the second round interview? Thanks for the information and good luck!

You had a second interview already? Was it a second screening interview or was it the second round interview? Thanks for the information and good luck!

No it wasn't really a "second interview." I had my MI screening the day before alumni-onlys went up. So I did that and then the next day applied for the alumni-onlys when I saw they were posted. I set up my screening interview for those, and the same interviewer as the 1st time called me and basically said that since she had already interviewed me she'd just ask me some role-specific questions for the alum-only's I checked off and have me rate my top 4 overall. So really it was like 1 screening interview.. broke in half. lol

I had my screening interview tonight and it went well, I could hear her good, she was nice and personable and I knew what I was going to say so I am pretty happy! I guess some people do these from home because she was about 15 minutes late calling me and I could hear her kids in the background fighting :rotfl:

I had my interview about two and half weeks ago, and last friday I called the number they gave us for the interview line because my interviewer said I could use it to check up on the status of my application. When I talked to the gentlemen he told me that they would make a decision by early this week and I could call back then. Seems a little early, but my interviewer did say that labor operations, two of the jobs I applied for are in this department, is not a job often applied for. Maybe the scarcity of other applicants in my field have made the decision process quicker. I'll let everyone know how it goes, fingers crossed!

I had my interview about two and half weeks ago, and last friday I called the number they gave us for the interview line because my interviewer said I could use it to check up on the status of my application. When I talked to the gentlemen he told me that they would make a decision by early this week and I could call back then. Seems a little early, but my interviewer did say that labor operations, two of the jobs I applied for are in this department, is not a job often applied for. Maybe the scarcity of other applicants in my field have made the decision process quicker. I'll let everyone know how it goes, fingers crossed!

Thats great! I hope that you do hear back early! Did you only apply for the labor ops ones?? Or did you apply for others as well?

Hmmm.. my interviewer said I would be contacted anytime between now and may 1st... she didn't give me a # to call.

Thats great! I hope that you do hear back early! Did you only apply for the labor ops ones?? Or did you apply for others as well?

Hmmm.. my interviewer said I would be contacted anytime between now and may 1st... she didn't give me a # to call.

I applied for 2 labor ops and the DVC sales assistant. Hopefully, I find out this week.

Good luck on hearing back! Does anyone have the job description for the Magic Kingdom Event Assistant? If you do, could you post it here, or PM it to me? Thanks.

I had a screening interview for MI positions last night, and she told me I'd be hearing back about the next step within 3-4 weeks. Hopefully that's a good sign.

I just scheduled a follow up interview for the Internal Communications Internship. It's two weeks away and she told me that all the managers would be in on my interview. Yikes!

Submitted my application this afternoon and have an interview scheduled for Saturday at 1:00!

Has anyone applied for alumni onlys AND management?

Submitted my application this afternoon and have an interview scheduled for Saturday at 1:00!

Has anyone applied for alumni onlys AND management?

Me! I applied for two MIs and checked off SEVERAL alumni-onlys. :)

My interview was great. Its like a slightly more intense CP interview with more situationals :)

Me! I applied for two MIs and checked off SEVERAL alumni-onlys. :)

My interview was great. Its like a slightly more intense CP interview with more situationals :)

Thanks!

Questions for you:

Were you asked if you were applying/had applied for any MI's in your Alumni Only interview?

Second, have you been contacted about MI screening interviews (sorry if you said this already, I've been skimming!)? Have you had any yet?

Do you have any other advice for the interview? I only am applying for one AO (Guest Relations) and one MI (Theme Park Ops.) I know I'm restricting myself, but I have legitimate reasons I swear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter