Fall 2007 College Program

The choreographer was Gene, and the casting director was Serouya. It was just the two of them; they said Pittsburgh was their next stop. They were really wonderful.

Bellechick- You can definitely bring dance shoes. Dance sneakers would be best, although there were several people in regular jazz shoes. One girl wore character shoes, and although I admired her bravery, they weren't really necessary.

The advanced dance combination was short; only 4 counts of eight. There wasn't really any straight ballet technique in the audition, except maybe the very beginning of the advanced combo. For that, though, they made it very clear that they had seen that we had training and were able to move, and they were really looking for performance and facework. Overall, the dance combinations consisted of the musical theater and jazz styles you see in shows throughout the park.

I was really excited to make it to the advanced section (it's been 4 years since my many years of dance training, so it's nice to see I can still move haha), but I have to say, I don't really know how much it mattered. I mean, after all, they're not really looking for professional dancers here. I'd say the animation exercise during the main audition is probably the most important part. And of course, height plays a key role.

Good luck during your audition!
And thanks to everyone who wished me well...I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

The choreographer was Gene, and the casting director was Serouya. It was just the two of them; they said Pittsburgh was their next stop. They were really wonderful.

Bellechick- You can definitely bring dance shoes. Dance sneakers would be best, although there were several people in regular jazz shoes. One girl wore character shoes, and although I admired her bravery, they weren't really necessary.

The advanced dance combination was short; only 4 counts of eight. There wasn't really any straight ballet technique in the audition, except maybe the very beginning of the advanced combo. For that, though, they made it very clear that they had seen that we had training and were able to move, and they were really looking for performance and facework. Overall, the dance combinations consisted of the musical theater and jazz styles you see in shows throughout the park.

I was really excited to make it to the advanced section (it's been 4 years since my many years of dance training, so it's nice to see I can still move haha), but I have to say, I don't really know how much it mattered. I mean, after all, they're not really looking for professional dancers here. I'd say the animation exercise during the main audition is probably the most important part. And of course, height plays a key role.

And thanks to everyone who wished me well...I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

I know Gene! He is really nice.

And I don't know if I asked you this, but how tall are you?

caseface297,
Thank you for your very informative post regarding your audition! I have copied & pasted it and saved it in my Disney CP related emails folder. :)

Mines today in Pittsburgh!!!!!!! ;)

I know Gene! He is really nice.

And I don't know if I asked you this, but how tall are you?

I'm about 5 feet and 3/4....kind of an awkward height because I'm just past the 5'0 mark and still wayyyy too short for princesses =(
Breaks my heart a little. oh well... we'll see!

Evil Princess - what was your job in Merchandising? Did you take classes and earn credits? I'm also curious what your college major is.

I know what you mean about retail. I worked in the Disney Store for 5 years. I did enjoy it for the most part, especially working for Disney and meeting most of the guests, but the hour (nights and weekends) and constantly changing schedules were not too appealing.

Sorry it took so long, I went home for the weekend.

I worked Merchandise in American Adventure in Epcot, so basically we did stock, we rotated positions (the outside carts, kiosk, inside the manner) and worked the register, straightened out the store. We also did Kidcot, which was my absolute FAVORITE position. I love working with kids.

My major is psychology, and I didn't take classes down there, which I'm happy about. Yes, I wound up graduating a semester later, but with the work schedule I had, I don't think that I could have possibly had a social life in Florida with school work after those long work hours.

Does anybody know if they have some way to get to the Vista place from the airport? Like a shuttle service or something?

I'm probably gonna just chill out in the airport the night before so I don't have to check into a hotel for the night but I know some hotels are closer to Vista and might have shuttles.

I'm about 5 feet and 3/4....kind of an awkward height because I'm just past the 5'0 mark and still wayyyy too short for princesses =(
Breaks my heart a little. oh well... we'll see!

Actually, that's a really good height! I'm so jealous. I'm 5'2-5'3, and I wish I was shorter.:guilty:

Mears provides a shuttle there for $19 (one way). http://www.mearstransportation.com/

Does anybody know if they have some way to get to the Vista place from the airport? Like a shuttle service or something?

I'm probably gonna just chill out in the airport the night before so I don't have to check into a hotel for the night but I know some hotels are closer to Vista and might have shuttles.

Thanks so much for the info....it was exactly like you said! I too made it to the advanced round! I am sooooo excited!

Thanks so much for the info....it was exactly like you said! I too made it to the advanced round! I am sooooo excited!

That's awsome! Did you have the same people, do you know? And how tall are you?

That's awsome! Did you have the same people, do you know? And how tall are you?

Thanks you guys! I did not have the same people, but they were still very nice. I am 66.7 inches tall....so a little over 5ft 6 1/2 in. They only picked 10 of us and everyone was about the same height as me, give or take 2 inches.

Thanks you guys! I did not have the same people, but they were still very nice. I am 66.7 inches tall....so a little over 5ft 6 1/2 in. They only picked 10 of us and everyone was about the same height as me, give or take 2 inches.

Nice height!

...tried to put in destination. Not really sure which on to pick though.

If you want to go to the check-in location, you only have one choice: Vista Way. Everyone checks in there. If someone lives in a different complex, they are taken there after checking in at Vista Way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter