Fairytale Package Keeping Guests at Disney

If the fairytail package brings hordes of people to the World, I, for one will be very happy. My bride of these many years is a teacher and we can only go when it is crowded, so that doesn't bother us. Bring on the crowds!! Bring on the later hours!! Bring on the food!! Let's have some fun!!! Bob

Couldn't have said it better myself! I just took a look for the first time at the park hours/activities for our June trip. It's very disappointing! Our last summer trip the MK was open until 11 with fireworks every night. Now, the latest time is 9:30 and fireworks twice.:(

All these great discounts come with a big price tag...reduced park hours, services and activities. I don't go to WDW to save money, I save money to go to WDW. I truly wish it was the way it used to be...rare or nonexistent discounts, lots of people and the parks buzzing with activity!

Originally posted by peachgirl
I don't know anyone who goes to Universal and just as a side trip and hits WDW because it's so close.

While we do not know each other, I have gone on a non-Disney vacation once and am planning one for this summer. The year before IOA and the first Universal resort opened, we flew down to Orlando for a 6-night Universal/Seaworld vacation aorund New Year's. The closest we got to Disney was a visit to Celebration. A year and a half ago, we spent two nights in a Boardwalk Villa studio (visited all 4 parks in one day), then went to Vero for 3 nights (I could just have easily gone to Palm Beach and stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club villa there) followed by 3 nights at HRH. That trip sold us on Universal as a destination. In fact, even though we are DVC owners, my wife said at the end of that trip, "With front of the line access and the service level of Loews, I don't care if we ever stay at WDW again. I could just as easily spend the whole trip at Universal and drive to WDW should we decide to go." This year, my kids asked whether we could go to Orlando during the summer. They specifically said they wanted to stay at Universal and visit IOA, Universal Studios, Seaworld and Disney Studios in that order. We are staying 4 nights at the Royal Pacific followed by 3 nights at the new JW Marriott. We do plan to go to LaNouba, but are undecided whether we will visit Disney Studios. As you read the boards, you see more and more people splitting WDW/Universal trips. Don't get me wrong. Universal owes a great big thanks to Disney, but there are some of us who do consider Universal a true destination unto itself. I think the marketing ploy by Disney is a great idea. I don't believe it is designed to get new visitors to the World. My belief is that it is designed to get people to return or change their plans to spend all of their vacation budget at WDW. And in my view, it's about time that Disney wakes up and sees that there is a real threat out there from the other attractions in Orlando.

I definitely think Disney is on the right path. Like previous posters have stated, Orlando offers way too much these days, and we've all seen the off-property hotels offering $25 per night deals. That could be very enticing to ALOT of people.

I'm glad Disney is moving in the right direction now. They know that they have to give us the incentive and the rewards we deserve to keep us on property, and to keep us coming back.

Had it not been for this awesome deal, we had no plans to go to Disney this year. So, essentially, their plan is working ;)

Yea! There is hope.

My husband could also go to a conference in Hilton Head so maybe I could get him to go back to Disney instead.

Does anyone know if they always come out in July? I'll be biting my nails until then!

Bingo! Of course Disney is doing this to keep you on site! They learned from Universal. For the past year or about USF has been ofering pay for 2 days come for 5! Plus, they have great rates availabe on their onsites resorts! Plus FOTL! Plus pool hopping! I think it was 1 to 2 years ago that USF got a new Pres who basically said he was going after WDW Jugular. This plus the economy really gives WDW no choice but to be competitive. Hopefully the consumer will win!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter