Fairy godmothers..

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
We plan on using this service a couple of times on our upcoming trip. Can I get some more positive feedback about the godmothers? I've never heard any complaints or horror stories, but part of me is still very nervous about leaving my kids with someone I've never met. I keep thinking...what prevents them from just disappearing with my children. I know they are screened and come highly recommended but I will feel better hearing it again. Also...maybe a few people can give me a name to request. I think I would feel much better using someone that a DIs person has used before and liked/trusted.

Thanks...

Jess

I try to avoid this subject thread because I do feel strong about it BUT I also respect anyone elses idea on the subject too. If you feel that uncomfortable about the sitter situation, don't do it. This is a plan I choose not to use with my child. I would love a dinner out with DH at WDW but the worry over leaving my son with a stranger is not worth it to me. Yes ,even though they are well checked, bonded and recommended by WDW, they are still strangers. I have worked in schools and child care centers long enough to know that "front faces"of people, and" behind the scene faces" can be very different. I truly belive that the worst danger would be an unkind or indifferent care giver but I still choose not to take that chance. I have heard wonderful stories about the caregivers and I am sure that others can share more information with you on them. We are considering , on our next trip, to either travel with out best friends or take my niece along to give us a free night out. I hope you get lots of peoples advice and opinions to help you make the chioce right for your family.

Jordan's mom

We used them on our last vacation- we got Vivian and she was wonderful. Brought a bag of toys, played w/ the kids, put them to bed, gave them a snack-
I was very nervous too, but we needed the night out (we were at WDW for 2 weeks) and they do come very highly recommended. The hotel staff knew they were coming and I made it clear that she was not to be taking them out of the hotel (which of course she didnt).
I have an 8 year old who was able to 'report' back and she loved Vivian and asked that we go out again so she could come back (but this time we were supposed to take the 2 younger brothers so just our oldest and Vivian could hang out alone- lol).
So, from a fellow nervous mom, I would 100% recommend Vivian at Fairy Godmothers- they're a bit pricey but so worth it.
Good luck!
NancyL

You don't mention quantity, ages, or where you're staying, but my daughter (almost 5 at the time) LOVED Neverland at the Polynesian. LOVED it. When we went to pick her up, we had to wait twenty minutes because she refused to leave until she was completely done with the brown paper bag elephant puppet she was making.

While we were waiting, we saw a couple of older kids who had to be just about forcibly removed by their parents because they didn't want to leave, either. I'm told it's a common problem there.

I don't believe you have to stay at a Disney resort to use Neverland. You might look into it, there's some threads on the resort board and I believe Deb Wills has some information about it (Go Here).

Take a look if it's appropriate. And try not to worry too much, they'll be fine. Where are you going to dinner? We went to Flying Fish at the Boardwalk when we left Emily at Neverland, it was fantastic.

Good luck,
Kevin

Thank you everyone. To answer the previous post, my kids are 5, 4 and 2. My youngest is too young for the kid's clubs. Also, it would cost us $30/hr..ouch. Not too obnoxious if it was only 2 hrs but insane for 4 hrs..esp since my kids would be sound asleep for most of that time if in our room.

I was very close to not going through with this. Then, I did a search on fairy godmother's at the Dis. Nancy is at least the second person to post good things about Vivian. My husband caled last night and asked about their background checks. He was comfortable with the information he was given, and we were able to get Vivian....I feel much better using someone that I've specifically heard good things about.

Jess

Im so glad you decided to go ahead- it will be well worth it to you! PLease, if you remember, tell Vivian that Allie, Brad and Christian say hi- she'll remember the boys from the many diaper changes and 'bathroom clean ups' she did for them. (grin).
Enjoy your vacation!
Love, NancyL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter