FabFitFun box?

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
Does anybody subscribe to this? Thoughts/opinions? I'm looking for Christmas ideas for my 19 year old daughter and thought something along these lines might be nice...

I subscribed a year or so ago, and was very disappointed. I didn't think it was at all worth the money; it was a random assortment of stuff I'd never use. I cancelled after the first box and ended up giving almost everything away.

Are you looking to give her a subscription, or just a single gift box? There are subscriptions boxes for everything from cosmetics to athletic wear to crafts, jewelry, nail products, you name it. What kinds of products do you think she'd like?

Does anybody subscribe to this? Thoughts/opinions? I'm looking for Christmas ideas for my 19 year old daughter and thought something along these lines might be nice...

I have/do several subscription boxes and this one seemed the worst for me. Every box I got had some problem with it. One box a glass candle was broken and glass all over everything. One box had a hand cream that busted and everything was soaked. Another box had a protein drink that had been expired for SIX months. All of the girt cards were expired or the code did not work.

I never got things replaced or credit for the ruined items so after a year I was done.

Now I have also had broken or missing items with other subscription boxes but have always gotten a replacement when reporting the problem.

I also have done IPSY, Glossybox, Escape Monthly, birchbox, Graze, and boxycharm.

Thank you both for your honest reviews! I don't want to waste money but am having a hard time coming up with ideas this year so was thinking a subscription box kind of thing would be fun.

Of the ones that you have tried, are there any that you would highly recommend? Others to stay away from?

It really depends on her tastes and interests. I'm a huge fan of Birchbox, and that'd be a good pick if she loves trying different brands of cosmetics and skincare. I did Ipsy for awhile, but was frustrated with their focus on 'glam', and a couple of product safety issues they had while I subscribed.

Since you have awhile before you have to choose, I'd recommend spending some time reading the reviews on mysubscriptionaddiction.com and ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com. Those are probably the two best subscription box review sites, and if you come across a box you think she'd like, you can look at several months worth of reviews and see what kinds of things they send.

I agree with Lynne M. Review the 2 websites she mentioned and you will get a good idea of something your daughter will like and a good idea of which ones have more complaints than others.

Once you find some you think she may like look for unboxing videos on youtube to get a true idea of what comes in the boxes.

Beware though it can truly become addicting.

Another option to look at would be the "Of the month clubs".

Starbucks coffee of the month. Tevanna tea of the month. Harry and David fruit of the month. Books, music, etc.

Just to make it difficult. Sorry

I agree that it depends on your daughter's interests. At one point, I subscribed to Birchbox, Ipsy, and Sephora Play. I found Birchbox and Ipsy to be too many brands I wasn't familiar with. Not the big name brands that are easy to find at Sephora or Ulta. Sephora Play is mostly sample sizes, but they are brands I am familiar with and things I've been wanting to try. Like Birchbox, you can customize your profile with Play so you don't receive items that won't work for your hair or skin type. My only gripe with Sephora Play is that many of the items I receive are also available as rewards in the store, so I have a lot of duplicates. Ipsy has mostly makeup but a lot of full size items. Birchbox had a mix of hair, makeup, and skin care products but it was always sample/trial size items. Play has a good mix of hair, skincare, and makeup and they always include a fragrance sample with every box. Plus they include a coupon for 50 extra bonus points on a purchase in store if you shop at the store frequently.

I haven't tried that one. But I am finding I have an addiction to these subscription boxes! lol
They're awesome! I have a real problem and got one for my dog... Barkbox! I love it more than he does. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter