"Extra Time" w/ National

Griggle

Mouseketeer
It's incredible how much time you can devote to National's site with all the different coupons.....feel like I need a drink and it's only 8am....

Nutshell...going from 5/27 (11am p/u) to 6/3 (3pm d/o)....yesterday, I got a base rate of $169.32 /week plus 28.22/day. With codes and coupons bottom line is $179.96

I joined the Emerald Club last night and with that, got a base rate of $197/week plus 31/day.

This morning, I tried again, with the same p/u and d/o times, I got a base rate of $193 - no extra day charge, using the same exact coupon/contract ID combo's as y'day, total cost $187. I confirmed it. My cfm print out says p/u 11am, d/o 3pm.

So, just to drive myself crazy, I try above again - but now, everytime I do it, I'm coming up with the extra day charge of $31/day...and my total cost is up over $200......I am baffled.

So, I guess my question is - does National go by the times on the confirmation, or do they ignore that and go by official p/u and d/o times? If this is the case, when all is said and done, ATM, with current coupon code configurations, it's cheaper to go non-EC....but yes, giving up the convenience factor....

:confused:

It's incredible how much time you can devote to National's site with all the different coupons.....feel like I need a drink and it's only 8am....

Nutshell...going from 5/27 (11am p/u) to 6/3 (3pm d/o)....yesterday, I got a base rate of $169.32 /week plus 28.22/day. With codes and coupons bottom line is $179.96

I joined the Emerald Club last night and with that, got a base rate of $197/week plus 31/day.

This morning, I tried again, with the same p/u and d/o times, I got a base rate of $193 - no extra day charge, using the same exact coupon/contract ID combo's as y'day, total cost $187. I confirmed it. My cfm print out says p/u 11am, d/o 3pm.

So, just to drive myself crazy, I try above again - but now, everytime I do it, I'm coming up with the extra day charge of $31/day...and my total cost is up over $200......I am baffled.

So, I guess my question is - does National go by the times on the confirmation, or do they ignore that and go by official p/u and d/o times? If this is the case, when all is said and done, ATM, with current coupon code configurations, it's cheaper to go non-EC....but yes, giving up the convenience factor....

:confused:

It could get a little complicated.

National goes by the time you pick up and drop off. And they round off to the earlier hour. If you pick up at 1:59 PM, they say you picked up at 1PM.

They give you 59 minutes of grace period.

If you rent for an additional 3 hours or more, it is considered a full day. So, if you rent a car for 5 days and 3 hours, you are being charged for a full day (for that three hours). So in this case, if you return the car 5 days and 6 hours, you will not be charged additional because you are already paying for a full day.

This all comes into play for our rentals. We pick up at noon and return at noon. We stretch it to about 1PM. We got caught once because we pulled away from the booth 3 minutes before noon once, brought it back about 1PM and got charged. At least that's what they told me at the counter.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter