Extra "guest" in room- EEEK!!

leebee

DIS Veteran
Already posted this on the resorts page, but thought I'd ask here, too!
DD/SIL checked into their room at POR to find this little "friend!" It was hanging out in its web by the coffeemaker. Needless to say, she is freaked out (spider-phobic) and he's not too happy, as they think it's a brown recluse. Would they be being "that guest" if they took this guy to the front desk and asked that their room be thoroughly deep cleaned, at no charge to them, of course?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 8.14.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 8.14.58 AM.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 70
Maybe it's already too late, but please don't kill the little guy/gal ❤️

Any deep cleaning is just a temporary measure. Another one may crawl into the room tomorrow.

I've found a spider hanging on my neck after a fun day at the park. No harms were done to me.

The brown recluse usually does not hang out in plain sight. They like to hide. If this spider was in an area that you would expect to be wiped down, it would indicate that the room was not properly cleaned or dusted. I would ask that the room be cleaned properly or that I be assigned a different room.

Try not to worry about it. Spiders are everywhere really. I think asking ofr another room is reasobable, but, you know, there could easily be some that you don't see. You are in Florida after all - there are all manner of critters around. 🙂

Disney reassigned the room and will move them after the new room is thoroughly cleaned. Pest services will ID the spider and call to let them know what it is. No upgrade as the resort is pretty full (Disney tried to move them to Magnolia Bend but no availability). No worries, though. They said they had a great night last night (check in night) and saw Yeehaw Bob, so feel that other than this "hitch" they are off to a good start!

Disney reassigned the room and will move them after the new room is thoroughly cleaned. Pest services will ID the spider and call to let them know what it is. No upgrade as the resort is pretty full (Disney tried to move them to Magnolia Bend but no availability). No worries, though. They said they had a great night last night (check in night) and saw Yeehaw Bob, so feel that other than this "hitch" they are off to a good start!

Yeeha Bob is awesome!

I can't really imagine asking for a deep clean or a new room just due to a spider. Spiders don't appear because it's dirty. And I might prefer to stay in the room where I have just removed the known resident, rather than move to a new room that likely has a hidden resident lurking. Spiders get in, there is absolutely no guarantee another won't appear tonight in the new room.

The darn things live in my basement and walls -- I have come to a silent agreement with them -- I won't bother them in the basement but if they venture into my living space all bets are off!

I am severely arachnophobic, to the point that even looking at pictures freaks me out, but I'd say that's probably a house or sac spider. Not that it couldn't be a brown recluse, but they usually don't like to be out in the open like that. That being said, this spider would still not be welcome in my room and both the web and location suggest a poor cleaning job. I mean, spiders aren't a sign of dirt necessarily, but web building suggests something deeper. They like to set up camp in areas where there's a good potential for a meal and are unlikely to be disturbed. So, that in itself tells a story.

if there was any chance it was a brown recluse i would not stay in that room. a friend was hosptialized and faced amputation of his leg due to it's bite. months of rehab.

fever, convulsions, itching, nausea and muscle pain are considered the 'non extreme' reactions to their bite.

Yikes!! If it could be a brown recluse, I would definitely be scared and want to move rooms.

Sounds like it's been handled to the guest's satisfaction! Requesting a different room was the best idea. Hope they have a great time and that your DD knows that giant spider in the Haunted Mansion isn't real :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter