"Extra" AAA discount -- Entertainment book

wahoolio

Earning My Ears
First post, longtime lurker on this site. What a wonderful WDW planning resource.

I wanted to share some information I discovered in planning our July 2006 trip (6-night stay at Polynesian, MYW package with dining plan). I joined AAA to obtain the room discount on the package, and it paid for itself about five times over. A couple of weeks after making our reservations, I was thumbing through our local entertainment book (which we had just purchased for $35) and I came across a coupon from our local AAA agency (through which I had booked our trip) indicating that we could take $100 off any vacation booked through them of $3,000 or more. The coupon indicated that we were supposed to present it at the time of booking in order to receive the discount, but our local AAA agent told me it was no problem. We were thus able to enhance our AAA discount by another 4% or so.

If you're booking via your local AAA office to get the discount, it's worth checking your local entertainment book to see if you can obtain the additional benefit

I don't see anything in the Texas edition. What section of the book was it in?

Our Entertainment Book is divided into restaurants toward the front (about two-thirds of the book), and "other" toward the back. Don't know how to describe it other than to say it was in the "other" portion.

What entertainment book???!! My AAA agent never mentioned this to me. Where do you get them?

wahoolio said:
Our Entertainment Book is divided into restaurants toward the front (about two-thirds of the book), and "other" toward the back. Don't know how to describe it other than to say it was in the "other" portion.

Hmm...In the full color section where the car rentals and hotel stuff is?

Dustmouse said:
Hmm...In the full color section where the car rentals and hotel stuff is?
Ours is pretty skimpy this year -- there wasn't any full color section. Unfortunately, "toward the back" is about as descriptive as I can get. It was in the last third or so of the book. I suppose the books have a slightly different look to them from market to market. This was the first time I can recall having seen AAA coupons in the book; then again, this was the first year I had a reason to be interested in AAA savings!

Slightly off topic...but if any of you aren't going to use the Universal Studios coupon for a free movie & meal, I'm wondering if you would consider sending it my way. We have a party of eight going at the end of March and are trying to budget as much as possible. I'd be willing to trade for coupons in my book (Portland/Vancouver) edition or send postcards from here or during our stay at WDW...just PM me if you can help.

Thanks!
Calypso

I wonder if they are in all the books? I sure hope so!!! Our trip isn't until June of '07 so I guess I'll have to wait and purchase the 2007 book.

Thanks for letting us know wahoolio!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

wahoolio~
Do you know if the coupon is only valid at a AAA office in the area that the book is for or can you use it at any AAA office? The reason I asked is I am using a AAA office in Pennsylvania and I live in Kentucky. The one near me is clueless so I found a wonderful one here on the DIS.
I hope my question makes sense!! :crazy: Thanks so much for any info.

Carla

the greater Hartford CT addition gives me 50% off a road atlas!!! No vacation discount, BOO-HOO!! Also, echoing a previous post, if anyone has and is not going to use their Universal Studios free meal & a movie coupon, I would be very happy to take it off your hands!! PM me!

Pooch

MickeyEars said:
wahoolio~
Do you know if the coupon is only valid at a AAA office in the area that the book is for or can you use it at any AAA office? The reason I asked is I am using a AAA office in Pennsylvania and I live in Kentucky. The one near me is clueless so I found a wonderful one here on the DIS.
I hope my question makes sense!! :crazy: Thanks so much for any info.

Carla
Carla -- your question makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, the coupon was clearly limited to AAA offices here in my area (Charlotte). I guess I was just fortunate that the local AAA offices chose to include this particular coupon deal in our local entertainment book.

Thanks wahoolio!!! I figured it was for certain areas. I bet you're so disappointed that you don't have the 50% off of an atlas coupon instead!!! :p

Thanks again!
Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter