Extending Disneyland Hotel stay

disnyluver

Disaholic
Ok so I have a question… I want to book a room at the Disneyland Hotel from Marc 6-11, however there is only availability from the 6th - 8th. If I book the 6th - 8th, could I always call and ask to extend our trip for a few days? Has anyone extended their Hotel stay with DLR hotels when they “claim” to be fully booked? Please leave a thought or helpful comments if you can.
Thanks!!

Yes, but likelihood of being able to extend your stay would depend on things like whether or not there is a conference at that time and how many of those rooms are booked for people on spring break. While the hotels haven't been full, there are definitely times when it's very likely. You might want to book a backup hotel or extend 2 nights at one of the other DLR hotels if they have availability.

That is really weird, I feel like there is something wrong with the booking system. All three hotels are showing booked just for those two days. The following week has similar issue. But then they are totally open for the weekend? Weird. I think these glitches do happen, like when there is a promo running, they didn't setup those dates properly with the discount, or something.

I know it's the start of Spring Break season, but doesn't seem like the "peak" to me. Just shouldn't be "sold out" yet. If you can handle the hold time, I might try and call WDTC (or even the hotel direct) early in the morning and ask what is up with those dates. Or keep checking online each morning. :thumbsup2

I haven't tried to book the hotel in the past month or so, but for a couple months before that, it changed a lot. In particular, when the hotel was completely sold out, there were several room options that became available a week to a few days ahead of time.

From reading other threads, it seems like Expo West (March 8-12 at the Convention Center) has booked a lot of the DLR rooms. If there is a deadline for them to release those rooms, you may see availability then.

Expo West is going on during that time and is one of the largest (if not the largest) conventions of the year for Anaheim. As someone said above, rooms might be released from the convention block. But I recently looked at reservations on the convention website, and it looked like they were pretty close to sold out, as well. Reservation can be canceled up to 7 days before checkin, so you might see some rooms open up between the 7-10 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter