Extended Family at Disney World 2/25 - 2/28

FlintTown2000

Earning My Ears
We had 10 members of the family ranging in age from 3 - 80. Only going to hit on the highlights.

Its been a long time since I've taken little kids to Disney, mine are in their 20's. Character dining and princess visits were just awesome. Have two little girls aged 3 and 5 just light up with each interaction, and also seeing the joy on the faces of the grandparents was worth it. I'm always amazed on how the princesses handle every situation with kindness and grace.

We stayed at the Dolphin. The thought was it had a great location and you get the early entry hours. Well getting 10 people moving that early proved impossible, so the early time was a waste for us. And bus transportation at the Dolphin was horrible. Getting dropped off at the transportation center and not MK was a huge pain. And the schedule for the buses was just awful. It was an easy fix to tell everyone to just take the bus to/from Boardwalk or Yacht Club, but it was annoying that first day.

The medical center at MK is just amazing. We had a minor medical issue and they got us in an out of there in minutes. We felt our issue was completely addressed in a kind and professional way. Its the first time I've had to use them for any but a sprained ankle or blisters.

Guardians ride was great!

I took a leap and got photopass. For us it was worth it, everyone in the group could leverage it and most did. I've already downloaded all the photos and distributed them to the family.

Genie+ and everything associated with it is hot trash. I HATE being tethered to my phone for access to rides and its almost mandatory for pay to ride . They have to figure out something better. I dont know why I could just have a slider that says I plan on being at MK from 9am - 4pm, and this is my priority of the rides I want for my party. It then assigns a LL starting at 9am and every two hours after that for the window you are going to be there based on your preferences and fancy disney algorithms. At that point you can drop and try to add if you WANT.

Acting as a tour guide for my extended family was exhausting and sometimes frustrating. But we had some great memories and it was worth it.

Already planning next year, just with my 4 family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter