EXPERIMENT: Ned Pin = Inferno! (finis... it means, the end)

Wow, I appreciate the enthusiasm :thumbsup2

I still have a Blue Tiki Pin right now. I can't start taking offers on stuff I don't have yet. When Lady and I get a chance to meet up I will update this thread.

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

Wow awesome idea! Good Luck! I visited the red paper clip site, it's unbelievable! He started with that red paper clip and now's he's got a trip to meet Alice Cooper! :faint: Good Luck with getting the inferno! :thumbsup2

I met Lady Boadicea tonight. I think that a pleasant side effect of this experiment will be a bunch of new friends. :thumbsup2

Anyway, she gave me an awesome trade for Captain Brian's blue tiki pin. You can post an offer for all of these items, one item or any combination of two. I'm flexible. :teeth:

Disneyland Retro Penny Press Red (Q/(X/D800))
pennypress7pf.jpg

Mickey Ears Gold (Q - purchase a hat in the Parks)
ears5ck.jpg

Fantasyland Quest Pin (Q)
fantasypin8yy.jpg

An explanation of those codes can be found here. The post at the top of this thread has been updated. Thank you to those who have already posted "preemptive" offers on these items. The DIS is awesome :woohoo:

i will give you superhero boots for any or all of the three items

Counting the days... sorry if it takes a year, I'm not going to count for you anymore!

I'll offer two 1 star fireworks magic pins for the Fantasyland Quest pin, or three for the pin and the Red Penny Press. If you want more, I can get more. I am a fireworks addict after all! :lmao:

I'd like the penny press, but the Fantasyland pin is the main thing for me. So if you are willing to take fireworks magic for it, please let me know how many you want if you want more than 2. Have I mentioned I'm a pin collecting addict as well as a fireworks addict? :teeth:

Hey KrazyPete,

Just a small rambling here. Your theory and approach is a classic lesson in economics and supply/demand. And yes, with patience, you will get there. Nice of you to share the progress publicly.

Now, if I may get philosophical for a moment, the one question mark in your experiment is the two markers that you have defined as the bottom and top of the vmk commodities. Due to the fact that you will quickly be trading into the realm of non-buyables, you will encounter the issue of perceived value. What one vmk citizen considers to be worthy is diffent from another vmk citizen.

You have set Inferno as the top in your experience. However, to many inferno is NOT the prizes jewel. There are items that they would much rather have. This is the one place where your process will not flow through to all, but it will apply to enough that it will be fun to see how long it takes.

Great life lesson,
Disney Dreams / Jegrezo

I will trade frontierland quest pin and tomorrowland retro pin 2/5 people mover for gold mickey ears

ok i'm a really bad trader and I never can really get through but I have an offer for whatever you want to give me.
1 everest chair
1 captain nemo chair (pink or grey you can decide)
1 gold turnstile or generater (I need to get rid of one of them but i do want to keep one)

I'm sending out PMs to three traders right now. Thanks for all the offers. As soon as the trades are completed I'll post an update with who I traded with and what I have available for trade in the next round.

Should we start a pool on how long this little project will take? :rotfl:

I met KrazyPete and he trade with me!
Yeah!!! I was part of the Ned to inferno quest.

Keep us updated! And good luck with your quest!

eywprincess

Hey I don't know if you have already traded it but I really want red penny press. I'll give you Everest pin 5/5 People Mover Pin 2/5 and Green Christmas Wreath for it :thumbsup2

KrazyPete said:
I'm sending out PMs to three traders right now. Thanks for all the offers. As soon as the trades are completed I'll post an update with who I traded with and what I have available for trade in the next round.

Should we start a pool on how long this little project will take? :rotfl:

That would be fun - except - the people in the pool also have an affect on the outcome. That makes it a skewed result. In other words, you can't bet on a team in baseball if you are in the league.

Disney Dreams said:
That would be fun - except - the people in the pool also have an affect on the outcome. That makes it a skewed result. In other words, you can't bet on a team in baseball if you are in the league.

You have a good point there. :)

CoCoNut said:
Hey I don't know if you have already traded it but I really want red penny press. I'll give you Everest pin 5/5 People Mover Pin 2/5 and Green Christmas Wreath for it

Thanks but I have a trade pending on the Penny Press already. If it falls through for some reason I'll let you know. :thumbsup2

I'll take your scraps, KrazyPete! If anyone missed out because KrazyPete unloaded his red penny press already, PM me, and we can work out a deal. Same for gold ears. (But I'll make no deals until he has made his next trade, so as to not interfere with his deal)

Krystal said:
So what do you have right now..?

I have one more trade to complete, which I think will be done tomorrow afternoon (Sunday). I'll update this thread with the new items then. I will tell you who I've traded with so far. If you want to scroll up you can see what they offered. It was SorcererDonald16 and MKOATEYW. Thanks you two! :thumbsup2

darkacre said:
I'll take your scraps, KrazyPete! If anyone missed out because KrazyPete unloaded his red penny press already, PM me, and we can work out a deal. Same for gold ears. (But I'll make no deals until he has made his next trade, so as to not interfere with his deal)

I wouldn't call them scraps. ;)

All the offers have been good and I appreciate every one of them. This is actually more difficult than a normal trade. Normally I would base a trade on what an item is worth to me. In these trades I'm not keeping anything until I get to Inferno. That means I'm trying to figure out what would be more valuable to other people and therefore trade better in the next round. Some of this stuff I wish I could take for myself but I'm sticking with the plan. :teeth:

Thanks for letting me finish a round before you go after the offers that are posted in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter