Excursions through Aulani

Molly'snene

Earning My Ears
We have booked our first trip to Hawaii, staying at Aulani (thank you DVC!) We would like to book a few tours while there, and in particular a day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We are older and my husband does not want to drive back at night after the show. If we book through PCC it is $180 dollars each (for Ambassador luau/prime rib) plus $30 each for transport to/from Aulani. So expensive, plus they told me they only do Aulani on Wednesdays (we will only be there 1 wednesday). I would like to book a PCC day through Aulani but have not been able to get much info from them if this is possible, plus I have read that if not enough people sign up for an Aulani excursion it can be cancelled at the last minute (if so, we might miss the Wed. trip with PCC)

Would appreciate any feedback re: booking PCC through Aulani vs booking through PCC and would you do Luaua or Prime Rib dinner?

Any other experience booking excursion thru Aulani? Thanks so much!

There is a luau right next to Aulani that might be worth checking out. They have coupons in the Entertainment Book, also.

Thanks Ashlotte. Is that Paradise Cove? I had read a bad review... did you have a positive experience there?

It is about a hour drive to PCC. So $30 round trip for transportation does not seem expensive. We loved PCC but just be prepare for it to be a long day. We did the Ambassador package and enjoyed the added benefit but if you need to cut cost and do not want to drive then you may want to drop to a lower price package. I know some of the discount books offer some discounts. I found that booking directly with PCC was the lowest cost option for the package we wanted. I would recommend the Luau meal over the Prime Rib. The Luau had a little show whereas the Prime Rib was just a buffet. Atmosphere made all the difference for me.

We have done Paradise Cove as well. When we went the first time we really loved it. However, when we went in 2014 it was not as good. We still enjoyed our evening and being so close to Aulani was very nice.

Both options are good in their own way.

Thanks Ashlotte. Is that Paradise Cove? I had read a bad review... did you have a positive experience there?

It wasn't amazing (most luaus are pretty hokey), but we enjoyed it and the proximity to Aulani can't be beat (walking distance!). All of the luaus on the island had mixed reviews, so we just went with what was convenient (and we had a coupon, so that helped). Also, my DH really wanted the option to drink and enjoy the sunset, and there is no drinking at PCC (it is operated by the LDS church). The Paradise Cove activities before the show were fun, and my kids loved that they got a credit to use towards souvenirs. Over all it was better than we were expecting it to be, but not something we feel like we'd need to do every time. The setting was beautiful.IMG_4857.JPG IMG_4886.JPG IMG_4887.JPG

was the food good???

It just seems like something to do in a slow night.

I'm going to get the coupon book you referenced but I can't seem to find the coupon to paradice cove being offered maybe they stopped?

I know it's 80 PP no coupon - did you guys save mich?

Thank you all for your input. It seems like the more expensive Ambassador Prime/Luau has the addition of those meal choices (as opposed to a buffet) and you have a guide. Is it worth it to have the guide and better seats at the last show? And is it better to upgrade from the buffet? (If we do the Ambassador pkg my DH is thinking he would prefer the Prime Rib) Thanks again for any advice or opinions... it is all much appreciated!

I posted this on another thread, so apologies if I am repeating myself. But, we did the FIA FIA laua at Marriot Ko'Olina last spring and enjoyed it. I was researching this the other day and found this about Paradise cove, which concerns me. So I think we will go back to the Marriott on our next trip.

https://www.hawaiidiscount.com/oahu/luaus/paradise-cove-hawaiian-buffet.htm

Not to hijack the thread, but did you need to purchase tickets or make advance reservations for the luau at the Marriott? I can't find much info on it. Also, was it walking distance from Aulani? And were there fire dancers? We're doing a traditional one on Maui with no fire so thought we'd do one with while in Oahu. Thanks!

Not to hijack the thread, but did you need to purchase tickets or make advance reservations for the luau at the Marriott? I can't find much info on it. Also, was it walking distance from Aulani? And were there fire dancers? We're doing a traditional one on Maui with no fire so thought we'd do one with while in Oahu. Thanks!
The Fia Fia luau is the just about the same as the Chief's Luau (http://www.chiefsluau.com/). It's done by the same people. Here is a little more information about it. You have to call them to reserve. It is only performed on Tuesday at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. Yes, it is within walking distance.

Fia Fia Luau

Pre-show Activities
6:00pm Dinner
7:00pm Main Show

Dinner Buffet:

Island cuisine with Pacific Rim flair: Fresh Pacific catch, Tender Roasted Hawaiian Style Steak, Hibachi Grilled Chicken, Hawaiian Style Pulled Pork,
Fresh Island Field Greens and Assorted Salads,
Fresh Local Fruits and Assorted Desserts

For questions and/or reservations, please call 808-679-4728. Our Concierge desk is open daily from 7am to 6pm Hawaii Time. Cancellation is 24 hours prior to the event. The luau is held on our property on the Great Lawn area.

The Fia Fia luau is the just about the same as the Chief's Luau (http://www.chiefsluau.com/). It's done by the same people. Here is a little more information about it. You have to call them to reserve. It is only performed on Tuesday at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club. Yes, it is within walking distance.
thanks BobNed... I have been trying to get info on the Fia Fia atMarriot and can't find anything. I emailed Marriott but have not heard back

Trying calling concierge at the Marriott perhaps. I believe they only sell tickets starting a couple weeks prior to the show. But don't worry if you're a super early Disney planner, tickets are usually still available days before the show!

Oh, and yes, there is a fire dancer. It's the finale!

We've been to Fia Fia three times!

There is also germaines luau and one at sea life park (but thats a fairly long drive). Neither are anywhere near as close as the marriott tho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter