Excited! Booked the flight, now the rest!

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
I woke up this morning to Google flight tracker telling me that I could get non-stop round trip tickets to Orlando for $83 per person! We hoping to plan an Easter 2018 trip, but hadn't planned on purchasing tickets yet--yet who could beat that deal! Needless, to say we booked them.

Now that we're locked in on dates, I have to figure out when to purchase rooms and tickets. Because our family of four will be there at a very busy time, we want to stay at a hotel with included Express passes, PBH/HRH/RPR. I've been watching the prices for a few months, but they just don't seem to be going down or introducing new specials. Even using the SMSM code, RPR doesn't seem to get lower than $427 and PBH/HRH doesn't get lower than $487 (one of our kids is booked as a third "adult").

Do these hotel prices seem reasonable? Like everyone else, I was hoping to not spend so much, but I'm not sure if waiting is going to help--or if the prices will just go up. Over 5 nights and with an extra cot, we're talking about $2400 just for the hotel. Eek!

If you book with the hotel, and you see a better deal after you have booked, give a call to the hotel. I have always been able to change to a better rate if available.

I would book now. That does not seem to be a bad price for busy time. They may very well go up. I booked October last year for October this year. Not only is my standard at RPR not now available, higher price for more expensive rate.

Staying onsite is definitely the way to go. The express line will be key during a busy time. Plus, going back to hotel mid day for rest and/or swim is nice too.

They may or may not charge for the cot. What we do is bring a blow up twin mattress. They very kindly give extra linens for it.

Did you check Undercovertourist website for hotel and tickets? Sometimes they offer good pricing on hotels, and good price for the tickets.

I woke up this morning to Google flight tracker telling me that I could get non-stop round trip tickets to Orlando for $83 per person! We hoping to plan an Easter 2018 trip, but hadn't planned on purchasing tickets yet--yet who could beat that deal! Needless, to say we booked them.

Now that we're locked in on dates, I have to figure out when to purchase rooms and tickets. Because our family of four will be there at a very busy time, we want to stay at a hotel with included Express passes, PBH/HRH/RPR. I've been watching the prices for a few months, but they just don't seem to be going down or introducing new specials. Even using the SMSM code, RPR doesn't seem to get lower than $427 and PBH/HRH doesn't get lower than $487 (one of our kids is booked as a third "adult").

Do these hotel prices seem reasonable? Like everyone else, I was hoping to not spend so much, but I'm not sure if waiting is going to help--or if the prices will just go up. Over 5 nights and with an extra cot, we're talking about $2400 just for the hotel. Eek!

We're at HRH for six nights over Thanksgiving week (18th - 24th) and as of right now we're paying just under 2k.

Holidays are very pricey times to stay at Universal.

Yes! It seems to be. Unfortunately that's the only time my whole family gets a vacation--so Easter it is!

Thanks for the replies. Now to try to convince my DH to get this booked!

Yes! It seems to be. Unfortunately that's the only time my whole family gets a vacation--so Easter it is!

Hope you get it booked.......it will be worth it......they are all lovely hotels with EP, can't go wrong with any of them.

I feel your pain! Between summer sports conditioning for my son and summer always being an impossibly hectic work time for DH, Thanksgiving worked out to be the best time for us to go. If we'd tried to cram the trip in this summer, we might've saved a few dollars but the stress it would've added just wouldn't have been worth it. I'd rather spend more and have it be a truly relaxing time away with my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter