Exchangers-Come here and chat with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of the heat here too. Over 100 again today and we had the most incredible thunderstorm last night. I have never seen so much lightning in all the years I've lived here.

My youngest DD is expecting a baby in October and she's really suffering in this heat. Summer can't be over soon enough for her.

My Dh was so good to me on our anniversary this past week and took me car shopping. He has known that I have had my eye on a Chrysler PT Cruiser for a long time. He took me to the dealership on Tuesday and I got to pick out the one I wanted. I got the most beautiful electric pearl blue one.

:goodvibes

kimmikayb said:
Hi Everyone. I'm fairly new to the exchanges, but I really enjoying putting a package together. I like to receive too :thumbsup2

I have four kids, five if you count my husband. A whole pack of dogs, a few cats, a few birds and a goldfish. We live in Iowa and I work in our family business. We like to travel, camp, read, craft and of course Disney.

This weekend has been a blur...finished up bible school last night, went car shopping today and a birthday party. Tomorrow is church and my DH's bday. I'm hoping he'll want to go see POTC2 for his bday, lol.

I have a question for those who have organized exchanges....I know you round up elves for people who don't send their exchange, but do you ever allow them to do a exchange again? Do they ever respond when they don't send? I think organizing an exchange take a lot of dedication and patience. Kudos to all of you who do it.

POTC2 is a GREAT GREAT GREAT Movie!! What type of exchange do you want to host? I just did 2 exchanges so I can't tell you if they let them exchange again. I don't think I would but that is me and I am not sure on the rules for that. I have one person who is not responding so...... It does take a lot of patience but it is fun!

mrsheppo said:
I'm so sick of the heat here too. Over 100 again today and we had the most incredible thunderstorm last night. I have never seen so much lightning in all the years I've lived here.

My youngest DD is expecting a baby in October and she's really suffering in this heat. Summer can't be over soon enough for her.

My Dh was so good to me on our anniversary this past week and took me car shopping. He has known that I have had my eye on a Chrysler PT Cruiser for a long time. He took me to the dealership on Tuesday and I got to pick out the one I wanted. I got the most beautiful electric pearl blue one.

I live in GA and I HATE HATE the heat so much! I want snow!!!!
I am glad you had a good anniversary! :goodvibes :goodvibes

snowwhitesmom said:
Hi everyone! We saw the same movie today Nancy! It was cute - but no great piece of work - perfect for a rainy afternoon, though.
Patsy, I think of you every day and wonder if today will be the day!

Thank you. I actually thought that today might be the day. Yes, my due date is a month away, but I was having so much pain/contractions, I had even put my extra set of clothes in my bag for the hospital.
The baby seemed to have calmed down, but I guess I should be taking things easy from now.

Tigger113 said:
I just love exchanges..Don't you!
They are so fun!! :sunny:

What would you do if a person signed up to do two exchanges and they didn't pick up any of your pms or emails????

Unfortunatly, we do have situations like that and had to step in.
If something like that happens, then let us know and we can try to help you out and give you advice. :thumbsup2

Meriweather said:
Glad to hear it arrived...now hopefully all those other MIA ones that were partying together will also.

Aww....when does your stepson get to come back?

He comes during the winter break and for the summer.
So he is looking forward to Christmas and to seeing his new brother when he returns. He loves babies.

Pooh67_68 said:
Nancy, glad to hear you are settled after all that company.

Where is your daughter moving to? Good thing that you have tranquilizers for the kitty, pixie dust for that trip. :wizard:

Setting up her kitchen huh? right up your alley. :teeth:

Mom is doing good, she had her tattooing done for the radiation and she gets her first on 7/24. She will have treatments 5 days a week for 33 days.

Mom and Dawn are coming up tomorrow for Turkey with all the trimmings.

Happy to hear that your mom is doing good Heidi. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: hope she does as well throughout the entire treatment.

mommytotwo said:
Thank you. I actually thought that today might be the day. Yes, my due date is a month away, but I was having so much pain/contractions, I had even put my extra set of clothes in my bag for the hospital.
The baby seemed to have calmed down, but I guess I should be taking things easy from now.

I'm sure this next month can't go by fast enough for you. I never had to really endure a summer pregnancy, but seeing what my DD is going through, I can't imagine how much energy it drains from you.

I hope Brandon decides to make his appearance soon. Get all the rest you can. Is Shayla feeling better?

Pooh67_68 said:
Nancy, glad to hear you are settled after all that company.

Where is your daughter moving to? Good thing that you have tranquilizers for the kitty, pixie dust for that trip. :wizard:

Setting up her kitchen huh? right up your alley. :teeth:

Mom is doing good, she had her tattooing done for the radiation and she gets her first on 7/24. She will have treatments 5 days a week for 33 days.

Mom and Dawn are coming up tomorrow for Turkey with all the trimmings.

We're all invited to Heidi's for turkey :bounce: Yummy!!

DD is moving to Spokane, about 300 miles from here. She went to college a bit farther, so we are used to it. She has been back "on this side" for 2 years. She is looking at about 2 years over there. She will go back to school next summer for a year. Housing is less over there, so they thought they would move now. She likes it hot :sunny:
Yep...it will be fun organizing her kitchen. She hasn't even seen her new apartment yet, so we'll see what I have to work with.

Glad your mother is doing well so far, Heidi. I hope the radiation isn't too bad for her.

kimmikayb said:
I have a question for those who have organized exchanges....I know you round up elves for people who don't send their exchange, but do you ever allow them to do a exchange again? Do they ever respond when they don't send? I think organizing an exchange take a lot of dedication and patience. Kudos to all of you who do it.

:wave:
We keep a list of nonsenders. I have had it going for several years now...and you all would be surprised at how many names are on it :(
Usually if they are nonsenders, we never hear from them again.
I have let a couple in, but they usually don't even realize theirs was never received.....a good reason to follow up on the things you send ::yes::
If I do probation....and I think I have only done 2, I have them send to me :teeth:

Has anyone tried any of the new Yankee Candle scents? I was given one of the Gingerbread Maple and Biscotti tarts but haven't tried them out yet.

Hopefully these new scents will be available for the Fall YC exchange.

mommytotwo said:

Ohhh...he is acting up. That little guy wants out!
Hope you can hold out a bit longer.
Hmmmm....Aug. 4 is a good day ;) That's my DS's birthday :bday:

mrsheppo said:
Has anyone tried any of the new Yankee Candle scents? I was given one of the Gingerbread Maple and Biscotti tarts but haven't tried them out yet.

Hopefully these new scents will be available for the Fall YC exchange.

Gingerbread Maple smells good~ :thumbsup2

mrsheppo said:

Ohhh....nice present ::yes::

I hope your DD gets through the heat fairly well.
It can be very uncomfortable when pregnant.

Does anyone know when there will be another pin exchange??
That is so much fun!

I want to see pictures when little Brandon arrives! I am sure he will be adorable and as sweet as his mom! :goodvibes
You can never be to sure of when they will arrive. I would hate to be rushed to the hospital without my extra clothes,etc.!

Meriweather said:
:wave:
We keep a list of nonsenders. I have had it going for several years now...and you all would be surprised at how many names are on it :(
Usually if they are nonsenders, we never hear from them again.
I have let a couple in, but they usually don't even realize theirs was never received.....a good reason to follow up on the things you send ::yes::
If I do probation....and I think I have only done 2, I have them send to me :teeth:

I need to get that list for future exchanges! :)

mrsheppo said:

Happy belated anniversary!!! Now that is a great present :thumbsup2 .

mommytotwo said:
Unfortunatly, we do have situations like that and had to step in.
If something like that happens, then let us know and we can try to help you out and give you advice. :thumbsup2

Actually me and Meriweather have been discussing one I currently have. I know everything can't go perfectly even though I wish it could!

Tigger113 said:
Does anyone know when there will be another pin exchange??
That is so much fun!

I want to see pictures when little Brandon arrives! I am sure he will be adorable and as sweet as his mom! :goodvibes
You can never be to sure of when they will arrive. I would hate to be rushed to the hospital without my extra clothes,etc.!

Not sure when there will be another pin exchange, but there has been a few different hosts, so you could try looking back at pin exchanges, and ask them if they are planning on hosting it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter