*Exchangers-Come and join us for the QOTD & Chat w/us* Part 4-Our New Thread

I have never heard of Ube. What's it like?

I have no plans to return that restaurant! I did send them an email today which I've never done before, I've taken surveys on receipts, but never outright contacted a restaurant to tell them how dissatisfied I was.

Ube is a type of purple yam.

This month is National Ice Cream month. So what is your most favorite ice cream flavors?
There is a peach and strawberry soft serve swirl that I get at a local peach orchard. It's only open during the summer so I don't get it real often. That's probably why I like it. I do like lime sherbet or vanilla ice cream but I'm really not an ice cream person.

There is a peach and strawberry soft serve swirl that I get at a local peach orchard. It's only open during the summer so I don't get it real often. That's probably why I like it. I do like lime sherbet or vanilla ice cream but I'm really not an ice cream person.

Oh that peach & strawberry swirl sounds delicious!

You know how I told you guys that I won that contest in May for a dinner gift card to a local Italian restaurant & 2 movie tickets? With everything that went on with my grandpa, then my FILs cancer diagnosis in May (he starts chemo next wk), and then my DH had a convention last wk in MN we've had no time together to use it. Well DH & I both had yesterday off, so we thought lets go out!

We were excited, maybe that was the problem. We got there with a few people ahead of us checking in, we had 7p reservations, so when it was our turn at the hostess stand they were seating the few people ahead of us. No biggie, the 1st hostess returns, does not look or acknowledge us & starts going thru the reservation book & then starts answering calls. I'm like, what the heck :confused3. She does say hi or "just give me 1 minute," nothing. The 2nd hostess returns & she starts talking to the 1st hostess, again no acknowledgement. Finally the 2nd hostess checks us in with "how many?". No hi, how are you? Whatever, everyone has a bad day, not going to let it ruin mine.

So I excuse my self, tell DH what I'd like to drink, come back thinking drinks will be there. Nope waiter just arrived stating he has a table keeping him busy, well I'll tell you they kept him busy all night:laughing:! He hands us the specials list & says he will be right back to take our orders. He came back 15 mins later, which at that time was no biggie as DH & I really didnt know what to get as I've been there 2x & DH 1x. Both times I was there I was not impressed with food, it's supposed to be an upscale Italian place. Since its not close to home we just don't go there as we were not wowed the 1st time, but dinner tonight would be pretty much free :scratchin.

When the waiter returns he again apologizes that other table keeping him busy, I ask him questions about the menu & you can tell he really doesn't care or really doesn't know the products. Oh well, we order & he says he will put in our dinner salads 1st then our dinners so everything come out slow. He said he will bring out bread & oil to enjoy before salad. He eventually bring out the bread with our salad, oh well, I kept telling myself this is free. My salad was very good & DH was really Enjoying his until he pulled a piece of Saran wrap out of his mouth the size of 1& 1/2 of a silver dollar!!! Im like omg:crazy2:! The waiter never check to ask how salads were & DH flags him down. He apologizes profusely & says that the will take off of bill & get DH a new one right away. Then dinner arrives 10 minutes later, still no salad & was brought out by a waitress. We're halfway thru our meals when waiter returns & he says, "so sorry, I found out it was the Saran that goes on the cucumbers (there were no cucumbers in DHs salad by the way). I told them you needed a new salad, but they needed to remake it so I left & got busy with that other table. Do you still want it? We will take it off bill regardless.". DH says, I'm almost done with dinner, no thanks.

At this point were out of drinks. He come back with drinks & asks if we want to see dessert tray & we do. He comes out a while later with it, we order & wait for desserts that are already made. He finally brings out bill, he says my manager took of the salad (uh I hope so) & DH dessert. Now the manager never came to our table, never apologized, nothing. Then I gave him 20% tip, DH was mad at me, but I always feel like I should tip well & DH says this is the occasion you don't. We only went over $6 of the value of gift card as we still had money left on it to use towards tip.

We get to the movies & it was surprisingly busy for a tue night, DH & I usually do matinees on our Amy's off unless we're doing a night out with friends. We realize it's $5.50 discount movie night, which we were told they were getting rid of when the new movie chain took over. So we saved the tickets & just paid the $11 as I think an evening movie is now $10/person. We saw Maleficent :maleficen:maleficenwhich we enjoyed, the beginning & ending we're awesome, the middle lacked a little something.

What do think of our weird evening? I kept telling myself, it was a $6 dinner which we'd have paid at taco bell :rotfl2:....

****UPDATE, UPDATE****

The restaurant manager called tonight & said that she received my email & apologized profusely. She said that she spoke with the waiter. I asked if he acknowledged the issues, and she said he tried to down play what happened. I told her I've never written a complaint letter other than taking the survey at the bottom of a receipt. She's sending us a $25 gift card tomorrow, but I'm in no rush to use it.
PS- every time I write "update" I giggle, does anyone remember Unsolved Mysteries? my favorite stories were the ones that had updates right after & the screen would say "update, update," with special music. That music is playing in my head :rotfl2:

No plans. Just another day for me!

I spent Canada Day afternoon in downtown Ottawa and then watched fireworks in the east end. I spent it with my BF and his parents. I just met them Sunday, so that's a big step. :)

Yes we have plans. Dd 15th birthday was the 28th as was her best friend that lives in NC (they are exactly 1 year apart and I went to school with her dad....weird part is they met on an in line kids game years ago.... Really small world)
Anyway, there was no time to have a bday party for dd due to end of school projects (she and other classmates had to build a boat out of cardboard and race it in the river. THEY WON!!
Her friend just came up here on the 1st to stay with us til the 7th.
My sisters bday is on the 5th....
Soooo long story short party is for all 3 and the holiday! :)

No plans. Just another day for me!

I spent Canada Day afternoon in downtown Ottawa and then watched fireworks in the east end. I spent it with my BF and his parents. I just met them Sunday, so that's a big step. :)

Oh dinner with BF parents is a big & exciting step! How did it go?

Yes we have plans. Dd 15th birthday was the 28th as was her best friend that lives in NC (they are exactly 1 year apart and I went to school with her dad....weird part is they met on an in line kids game years ago.... Really small world)
Anyway, there was no time to have a bday party for dd due to end of school projects (she and other classmates had to build a boat out of cardboard and race it in the river. THEY WON!!
Her friend just came up here on the 1st to stay with us til the 7th.
My sisters bday is on the 5th....
Soooo long story short party is for all 3 and the holiday! :)

The cardboard boat I picture in my head does not seem like it would float... I need to see a pic! Was this a science project?

Maybe yard work and then dinner at a fancy restaurant we have a gift certificate for. I hope not to experience what you did AngeeJoe.

I hope your experience is the exact opposite of mine:goodvibes

What kind of food?

Oh dinner with BF parents is a big & exciting step! How did it go?

It went quite well!!
His father was talkative, but his mother was very quiet. With everyone, including my BF's 6 year old son, so I'm learning that's just who she is. They live in another province, so it took a bit longer to meet his parents. He met mine in April. :)

It went quite well!!
His father was talkative, but his mother was very quiet. With everyone, including my BF's 6 year old son, so I'm learning that's just who she is. They live in another province, so it took a bit longer to meet his parents. He met mine in April. :)

That's sounds awesome! He met your parents, you met his...pixiedust::bride:

It's a steak house.

A steak sounds good right now, it's been a long time since I've had one (since we need a new grill & I usually don't like them at most restaurants). I'm a fan of filet mignon with lots of mushrooms. Is it a new place for you or an old favorite?

A steak sounds good right now, it's been a long time since I've had one (since we need a new grill & I usually don't like them at most restaurants). I'm a fan of filet mignon with lots of mushrooms. Is it a new place for you or an old favorite?
It's a new one for us and very expensive. We were given a gift certificate from the guys that work for us one Christmas. Hope it's still good.........

Happy 4th of July!!!

Before going on a trip, do you do research on the place? -The weather forecast, places to visit, things to do, places to eat at, ....

Yes, most definitely. I like to know about the place I'm going to and often want a local to give me tips. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter