Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see. No tags as we are staying at the Swan, no ME. Surprised they were in there, plus no mention of what they were.

Thanks.
Not the luggage tags for ME, just Disney name tags for your luggage.Look on right side of box. Pull out cardboard I will try to take pictures.

Last edited:
MagicBands for a Swan reservation?
Yes, the bands only do not operate as room keys and no room chargebacks for purchases. Other functions are fine.

Not the luggage tags for ME, just Disney name tags for your luggage.Look on right side of box. Pull out cardboard I will try to take pictures.
The box is gone in recycling pickup earlier today. I had pretty much torn the box apart for recycling, did not see anything that looked like name tags. I did see our names printed (very small) next to the cardboard slots that each band was stuck into. Can't imagine those were the name tags.

Quick question. I read through the initial post and didn't see my answer. I will confess I did NOT read all 50 something pages of this thread.

I am staying at a non-Disney hotel this trip, haven't been since the MB came out. I bought my ticket from reserveorlando.com and received a voucher. I have linked it to my MDE. I have ordered my MB and MagicKeeper. So assuming I get it before my trip, am I good to go or do I still need to take my voucher to guest services? I'm thinking I would only need to do that if I didn't have it linked to MDE and have a MB. But want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

I am staying at a non-Disney hotel this trip, haven't been since the MB came out. I bought my ticket from reserveorlando.com and received a voucher. I have linked it to my MDE. I have ordered my MB and MagicKeeper.
1. So assuming I get it before my trip, am I good to go
2. or do I still need to take my voucher to guest services?
3. I'm thinking I would only need to do that if I didn't have it linked to MDE and have a MB.
4. But want to be sure.
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. Yup.
4. Be sure.

Is this something new or is Disney having issues? We are staying at BCV with a flock of grandkids. First night is on our points, rest of trip is on another member's points, same room size. Two different reservation numbers.

I can only order one set magic bands. It used to be per reservation. I had planned to keep the second set in room in case someone lost their band.

24 hours later, the web site has the option to order second set. Guess it was a disney issue.

Last edited:
FYI... A new Limited Edition 2017 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween MagicBand was announced today, and it has some new extras. The box smells like chocolate and the band glows in the dark. The retail cost is $39.99 for this ($40) and the higher price may be because of these new extras. Time will tell if this is a permanent price change or not for Limited Edition bands.

Details: http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...he-2017-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

I am sure this has been answered so forgive me in advance.

But I am considering ordering a magic band and declining the one that I would get with my reservation.

If I do that, can I link the MagicBand before checking in or will I need to do it upon check in.

Sorry but I have always just gotten the ones they send you for free so I have no idea about the linking stuff.

I am sure this has been answered so forgive me in advance.

But I am considering ordering a magic band and declining the one that I would get with my reservation.

If I do that, can I link the MagicBand before checking in or will I need to do it upon check in.

Sorry but I have always just gotten the ones they send you for free so I have no idea about the linking stuff.
Retail MagicBands are linked manually by the purchaser using MDE (app or website). You can link the MB to your MDE profile as soon as you get it.

Quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with...can Magic Band 1.0 still be used? We have some from prior trips and we will be going in October but staying offsite so we will not have any sent to us. I have purchased tickets through UT and can link these to our MDE accounts but I want to make sure that I don't need to buy 2.0 bands. I know we do't have to have magic bands as its essentially just for tickets, FP's and memory maker if we decide to get it but its so much handier than having to take out a plastic card.

TIA!

Quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with...can Magic Band 1.0 still be used? We have some from prior trips and we will be going in October but staying offsite so we will not have any sent to us. I have purchased tickets through UT and can link these to our MDE accounts but I want to make sure that I don't need to buy 2.0 bands. I know we do't have to have magic bands as its essentially just for tickets, FP's and memory maker if we decide to get it but its so much handier than having to take out a plastic card.

TIA!

The original MagicBand can still be used. The only thing that might not work is the long range radio which some rides (like Frozen) rely on to automatically link ride photos to your account and occasionally to put your name on a screen (like during It's a Small World). If your bands are very old the battery might be dead and so just that long range feature wouldn't work.

The close up radio which is used when you tap on a touchpoint (park entrance, manually linking photo, FP+ return) does not rely on a battery and can still be used even if the long range battery is dead.

The original MagicBand can still be used. The only thing that might not work is the long range radio which some rides (like Frozen) rely on to automatically link ride photos to your account and occasionally to put your name on a screen (like during It's a Small World). If your bands are very old the battery might be dead and so just that long range feature wouldn't work.

The close up radio which is used when you tap on a touchpoint (park entrance, manually linking photo, FP+ return) does not rely on a battery and can still be used even if the long range battery is dead.

Thank you! We have some that are only about a year old and some that are older. Is there an easy way, maybe through MDE, to tell which ones are the newest? Not having the long range radio isn't the end of the world but if we could figure out which ones are the most recent we would have the best chance of it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter