Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Question?

If you have travel party and one of yours is not a room guest, can they get a virtual cue at 7:00 a.m. or will that cause it to crash?

A bit of a kerfuffle here. I got a virtual cue for everybody who is a resort guest. That's 10 people. One person is not but is joining us for the day. When we booked the 10, the one got left out and was not eligible to book a VQ because they are not a resort guest. One of us had faster fingers in the other and was A NOT linked to this person. I'm wondering if the app would have crashed if this person had been included and we tried to book the 11.
The Virtual Queue is for all guests regardless of on-property or off-property. Individual Lightning Lanes (ILLs) can only be purchased at 7am by guests staying on-property.

So I have a question about getting a virtual cue at 7:00 a.m. with a group that includes one non-resort guest. We have 11 people in our party. One is not a resort cast it was just joining us for the day. At 7:00 a.m. I booked the 10 that were linked to me. That did not include the one who is not a resort guest. My brother was furious as made me because he was linked to her and then he couldn't book her because the virtual key was full. My question is would he have been able to book her at 7:00 a.m. or would that have crashed the app and we would have been able to book anybody?

It's not a major point. We have a fix for it. It's more a matter of bragging rights. I think including her would have crashed it for him and then none of us would have been able to go on it. I've done this many times since October and I have had that app crash so many times. I have a good method that works now. And I trust it. So come hell or high water I was going to use it. I just want to know if I am right or if I'm wrong and I screwed up this one person.

In the past when I was competing with my family to book a VQ for this, anybody who was left on the table I was still able to book. But when she was left, he was unable to book her.
All guests (onsite and offsite) with a park reservation are eligible for a VQ at 7AM. That additional person could have been included in your group.

When I did this on Wednesday, we arrived a couple hours after our VQ was called but it was still in the morning. They were not nearly as strict with us. It also wasn't as busy. I'm thinking they're getting harder down because they've increased capacity and they're pushing it to the max. I think if you had a tight schedule, you're better off just buying a lightning lien for this in the soft opening. Unless of course you plan on being there all day.

I've been on Tron twice this month. It's a great ride and I will definitely do it again in future. But I don't have to do it again this trip.

I think the best method to handle with cast members is just to be kind. Try to be as close as you can to your window and be pleasant when you ask for an exception. They really will try to do the best they can. Understand they are running under limited capacity right now and the demand for exceeds it. The ride will be open in 2 weeks. And then everybody will be able to go on it. Just be patient.

As far as ride etiquette goes, don't expect a morning VQ to translate into an evening one. I think that should go for everybody. But I do think there is wiggle room if you're in the morning time slot or afternoon time slot or evening time slot. I don't expect to go on a ride an hour before closing if I had a morning time slot. That's not fair to them. But I would be unhappy if I had a morning time slot and I showed up before noon but they wouldn't let me on.
While what you’re saying would be great, you are also the only person who has reported successfully arriving outside your window and being allowed to ride.

I completely agree that kindness is important but also understand that that may not work as we have many reports of guests being turned away when they missed their return time and just one report of an exception being made for them.

May I ask if you had an ADR during your return window and were asked to provide proof or, did you just ask and were allowed to ride? How late were you?

I was allowed to enter the VQ an hour after my group expired on Thursday.

My fingers were a bit too "fast" and got VQ 14. I was really hoping for a later one, but I figured I'd do what I could and accept it with a smile if I was turned away.

I am a tour director for high school music groups. I had arrived with part of the group very late Wednesday night, but I had to meet the other part of the group when they landed at MCO at 7:45 am. I was hoping the process of meeting them and getting them on buses to our resort and then to MK would allow me to be at the ride during my window, but it was called at 8:45, so expired at 9:45, and it was about 10:45 before I made it (there are always ticket and other issues to work out with a group of 200!).

I figured I would ask politely, and the cast member at the VQ entrance told me she could make a bit of magic that morning and allowed me to enter...but don't do it again.

It may have helped that I was in my company polo complete with dorky tour director nametag. Or maybe I was just lucky! I really would have been absolutely fine if I had been turned away. I will have many more opportunities to ride.

I was allowed to enter the VQ an hour after my group expired on Thursday.

My fingers were a bit too "fast" and got VQ 14. I was really hoping for a later one, but I figured I'd do what I could and accept it with a smile if I was turned away.

I am a tour director for high school music groups. I had arrived with part of the group very late Wednesday night, but I had to meet the other part of the group when they landed at MCO at 7:45 am. I was hoping the process of meeting them and getting them on buses to our resort and then to MK would allow me to be at the ride during my window, but it was called at 8:45, so expired at 9:45, and it was about 10:45 before I made it (there are always ticket and other issues to work out with a group of 200!).

I figured I would ask politely, and the cast member at the VQ entrance told me she could make a bit of magic that morning and allowed me to enter...but don't do it again.

It may have helped that I was in my company polo complete with dorky tour director nametag. Or maybe I was just lucky! I really would have been absolutely fine if I had been turned away. I will have many more opportunities to ride.
Bringing a group and coordinating to Disney is no small feat. Hopefully the CM realized this and was part of the pixie dust formula.

Whew that was fast! I'm usually good at VQ but completely missed Tron this morning. We plan to PH to Epcot though so hoping the GotG VQ stays open late enough for us to try. The last few days it seems like it's still open to join after 2pm. Has anyone else been able to do this recently?
Was also curious about this??

We are AP holders trying to get on TRON yesterday & this morning. We keep hitting refresh, the join button doesn't pop up, then it finally pops up with a "something went wrong" pop up message over top. I clear the popup message and by that time the tickets are gone.

Our experience is similar to other reports here:
3/23 Tron: set up in room, turned off wifi, and had the world clock counting down, but we still missed it. Tried again at 1pm and managed to grab one (while on Space). Callback ended up being around 6:45pm.

Was also curious about this??

We PH to Epcot and GOTG VQ was still available after 2pm. We ended up grabbing one around 2:20 that ended up being called around 7:15pm. We were actually late to GOTG because we had a conflicting LL for Frozen, but were still allowed to ride at 8:50pm.

ILLs made it about 10 seconds into park open today (giving non hotel guests a chance) and still occasionally pop if you refresh constantly. It’s progress…

Since TRON is brand new and you have AP's, I would wait awhile and try in the future once the initial rush is over.

It’s the same process as Guardians, but the demand is quite high. No trick to it - just go to Virtual Queue, confirm your party a few mins before 7am, then refresh and join.

If you are not sure if there’s an issue, maybe try a 1pm Guardians VQ and see if that’s also giving you an error? (Those were not selling out in literal seconds last week.)

I used data (instead of Disney wifi) at the resort and time.gov to try to hit refresh at 6:59:59am. Was successful twice. (Once I just completely slept through my alarm so maybe set a couple of alarms if you’re not a naturally early riser on vacation either.) Also don’t forget to make sure you’re signed in on the app.

(For Rise, I dragged my husband all bleary eyed to Hollywood Studios in the morning and had him try at the same time. Maybe one person on data and another on Disney wifi if there’s two or more of you?)

Good luck.

(For Rise, I dragged my husband all bleary eyed to Hollywood Studios in the morning and had him try at the same time. Maybe one person on data and another on Disney wifi if there’s two or more of you?)
Oh the memories! Us too, bleary eyed. I remember leaving our room at 5:45am that first try.

Oh the memories! Us too, bleary eyed. I remember leaving our room at 5:45am that first try.
Yes!! I booked a room at Boardwalk so we could stumble, half asleep and in the dark, along the walkway lined with signs to watch out for snakes and alligators. And standing around the entrance to HS with thousands of our closest friends and rivals, for those coveted VQ boarding groups. Ahh, the memories :)

We are AP holders trying to get on TRON yesterday & this morning. We keep hitting refresh, the join button doesn't pop up, then it finally pops up with a "something went wrong" pop up message over top. And I clear the popup message and by that time the tickets are gone.
Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to increase your odds other than try as often as you can. This ride is less than a week old and functioning with reduced hours. The demand far exceeds the supply so unfortunately many are missing out. Hope you have another day at MK and can try again.

We got on Friday. We did show up little over a hour late due to adr at crystal place. All we needed was the recepit and help from guest services team member at the entrance to Trib to get us in.

Big issue that day was everyone was walking into the vq line due to no cast member at the entrance. We saw a ton of unhappy people once the reached the touch points.

There is zero connection between Virtual Queue and where a guest is staying.

Every guests with a park reservation for the park the ride is in is eligible to join the VQ at 7:00. What made you think the other was not eligible?

We are AP holders trying to get on TRON yesterday & this morning. We keep hitting refresh, the join button doesn't pop up, then it finally pops up with a "something went wrong" pop up message over top. I clear the popup message and by that time the tickets are gone.
That happened to us when Guardians first started VQ. In our case it was something that GS had to call IT about. If it continues to give an error message go to GS. They can’t give you a VQ but can check if there’s a technical issue. You should not repeatedly be seeing an error message with each try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter