• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are RD MK on Saturday. We are organizing our ride sequence now. I know this has been posted in other trip reports somewhere, but I can’t find it!
Based on what I remember, I think it’s right to go to SDMT (assuming it’s online) and then BTMR and then to SM? If SDMT is offline then straight to BTMR?

Maybe I’m all wrong. What do you guys suggest as the first three rides of a MK RD?

>>>What do you guys suggest as the first three rides of a MK RD?<<<

We did Mine Train then whichever mountain in Frontierland had the shortest wait, then the other, and finally, Space Mountain. We were done with all four in less than 90 minutes in January.

In November - to avoid the longest waits later, we also rope dropped Mine Train followed by Big Thunder Mountain, then Splash Mountain... worked well. I noticed that both Mine Train and Big Thunder were open early, but Splash Mountain people were allowed to line up but they didn't open early. Then Space Mountain. Never waiting more than 20 minutes for rides - except one blip... we randomly decided to do Buzz Lightyear on the way to our lunch/break... it was crowded mid-day and the line wait suddenly jumped... waited about 30 mins... would do that one later in the day next time.

Have they been letting guests in early or are they staying pretty close to opening times. Interested mostly in Epcot & HS since they open later in the morning

We were there Valentine's/Presidents/Mardi Gras week and at most parks we were getting off our first rides before the 30 min prior for resort guests. MK we were off of Mine train at 8:24 and park opening was 9. HWS we got off Smuggler's Run about 15 min to park opening. AK we failed rope drop. Epcot we had a 5 min walk to get on Frozen and we were off that prior to the 30 min mark. for whatever reason Splash didnt open either day until park opening.

To those of you rope dropping at WDW next week (week of Mon. 3/15) are you going to apply the general 45-minute early park arrival/rope drop rule to the new park hours? For example, if you are staying at Pop Century, will you be lining up for the MK bus 90 min. prior to the 8am opening???

that's what we did in February and there were busses and skyliners running.

We were there Valentine's/Presidents/Mardi Gras week and at most parks we were getting off our first rides before the 30 min prior for resort guests. MK we were off of Mine train at 8:24 and park opening was 9. HWS we got off Smuggler's Run about 15 min to park opening. AK we failed rope drop. Epcot we had a 5 min walk to get on Frozen and we were off that prior to the 30 min mark. for whatever reason Splash didnt open either day until park opening.
Parks are opening to all guests approx 45-60 mins before official park opening.

Parks are opening to all guests approx 45-60 mins before official park opening.

They may have changed it in the last month but we were typically first on the bus and at the front of the skyliner lines. We stayed at the Caribbean and used the skyliner closest to the park and the Riviera buses. only time we weren't at the bus stop 90 min early was AK and that's because we just weren't moving fast enough by day 3. I had a friend there that drove to MK instead of using the park transportation and they were held at parking. I also saw people being held at HS. They may say it isnt happening now, but.....

They may have changed it in the last month but we were typically first on the bus and at the front of the skyliner lines. We stayed at the Caribbean and used the skyliner closest to the park and the Riviera buses. only time we weren't at the bus stop 90 min early was AK and that's because we just weren't moving fast enough by day 3
Thank you but my understanding is that even though it is recommended you arrive at transportation 90 mins before park opening, transportation is not running at that time. Skyliner starts running approx 60 mins prior to park opening. Sometimes 10 mins earlier than that but no more than that.

Buses don't start running much earlier than 60 mins before park opening and when they do they're often held at the parks.

There are many reports of these times.

Does anyone have a list of the specific rides that are running prior to official park opening?

Are Frozen, Soarin, and TT, all operating early with the early opening that has been happening?

Thank you but my understanding is that even though it is recommended you arrive at transportation 90 mins before park opening, transportation is not running at that time. Skyliner starts running approx 60 mins prior to park opening. Sometimes 10 mins earlier than that but no more than that.

Buses don't start running much earlier than 60 mins before park opening and when they do they're often held at the parks.

There are many reports of these times.
thanks for clarifying. Sounds like it will be an interesting time to be there and navigate all the changes.

Does the Parking lot open soon enough to make it to rope drop at MK by driving in?

Does the Parking lot open soon enough to make it to rope drop at MK by driving in?
Yes as normally guests who park and travel to the MK via monorail or ferry arrive approx the same time the buses start dropping off and walking guests from nearby resorts arrive also. Everyone is held at their respective locations so that all forms of transportation arrive at almost the same time and by then the temp checks and tap stiles are open.

Rope-dropped Epcot this morning (international gateway - walking from Dolphin).

We arrived at the International Gateway at 10 am and were in line near the Friendship boat dock. They started letting people in at 10:05 am. We walked right to Test Track and got in line at 10:21. It said 60 min wait, but we were on the ride at 10:41 am and off at 10:46 am. By the time we walked to the front, it was close to the posted 11 am opening. Spaceship Earth and Nemo had a 10 min wait, Soarin’ was 30 min and Living with the Land was less than 5 min. I think Frozen was 30-45 min at that point.

There are a lot of people in the World Showcase but so far, it’s pretty manageable!

Can you share what rides you can count on opening for rope drop (vs don't open until normal park opening time)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter