Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Thank you both for the observations. I thought there might be a crush at 1 PM in the parks where there is a virtual queue.
On one of our days last week, we planned on doing the afternoon virtual queue at Epcot for Guardians. We went through the entrance by world showcase at around 12:45pm and were literally the only three people walking in.

Lol. I thought you were kidding with your question on park hopping. It is fantastic. We had a day when we went to AK just to ride Kilimanjaro in the morning then went to HS at around 10:00. It’s great.
Our kids want to do Tron and GOTG “as much as possible” and early park hopping makes it possible for us to hit a safari, Everest, and make it to either park in time for the 1pm VQ. Just realized I need to see how much faster the VQ goes at 1pm with modified park hopping. 😬

Our kids want to do Tron and GOTG “as much as possible” and early park hopping makes it possible for us to hit a safari, Everest, and make it to either park in time for the 1pm VQ. Just realized I need to see how much faster the VQ goes at 1pm with modified park hopping. 😬
We did the 1:00pm VQ twice for Guardians and got it both times. We LOVE that ride, so like your kids we wanted to do it as much as possible. We liked Tron, but we love Guardians.

This is us exactly!! We did Tron twice last summer but Guardians 6 different days! We sometimes hopped to Epcot only for Guardians!
In full disclosure, none of us ever saw the movie. It was such a fun ride and the music was different every time, and because of that we all said that we had to watch the movie when we got home. We got home Saturday evening and watched Guardians last night for the first time because of that ride. Now the ride makes so much more sense.

In full disclosure, none of us ever saw the movie. It was such a fun ride and the music was different every time, and because of that we all said that we had to watch the movie when we got home. We got home Saturday evening and watched Guardians last night for the first time because of that ride. Now the ride makes so much more sense.
We'll need to do that too as we've never see the movie either. Just love the ride!!

This is us exactly!! We did Tron twice last summer but Guardians 6 different days! We sometimes hopped to Epcot only for Guardians!
Exactly this. We only have one ILL left (also getting RofR) - my niece wants to do Tron because it's new, but I know Guardians is so much more fun. I'm the only one who has been on them. I'm going to have to veto her if I can't get her on board - know everyone will like Guardians so much better! Can't do Tron for VQ - won't be going to MK until late in the day, so no way to try.

I agree with both of you. We’d also done Tron in Shanghai years ago, so it’s more nostalgia than awesome for us…actually (as someone with DLR as my home resort) Tron is a lot like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. 🤣

It’s fun and all and we try to do it if we can, but it feels like 30 seconds and GOTG is 100x more amazing. We’re heading to MM at EPCOT tomorrow and I assume we will spend all 3 hours doing GOTG over and over again. Will try for the 1pm VQ also and I’m currently telling myself sternly that there’s really no need to buy an ILL as well. 🙈

I agree with both of you. We’d also done Tron in Shanghai years ago, so it’s more nostalgia than awesome for us…actually (as someone with DLR as my home resort) Tron is a lot like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. 🤣

It’s fun and all and we try to do it if we can, but it feels like 30 seconds and GOTG is 100x more amazing. We’re heading to MM at EPCOT tomorrow and I assume we will spend all 3 hours doing GOTG over and over again. Will try for the 1pm VQ also and I’m currently telling myself sternly that there’s really no need to buy an ILL as well. 🙈
Note to others: Guardians is a VQ attraction that even for ticketed events normally requires a VQ and is limited to riding once. @HyperspaceMountainPilot is attending a DVC Moonlight Magic event that may grant additional rides on GotG but wanted to say that is not the norm for most parties.

Last edited:
Park Hopping is not currently available at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, April 4, 2024.

In a notice on My Disney Experience, Disney says, "The Park Hopper option is currently unavailable for this park. Guests with park reservations for this park may still enter.

It is very rare for park hopping to be suspended. The only other time it has occurred was during a brief time on the 50th anniversary.

Source: https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...k-hoping-suspended-today-at-magic-kingdom.htm

EDIT: it may just be an MDE glitch: see https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/park-hopping-currently-closed-at-magic-kingdom/

Last edited:
So my question is this...what happens when this happens and someone paid for the park hopper version of genie+, made multiple lightning lane reservations for later in the day at Magic Kingdom, and has dining reservations for dinner at a Magic Kingdom restaurant?

Park Hopping is not currently available at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, April 4, 2024.

In a notice on My Disney Experience, Disney says, "The Park Hopper option is currently unavailable for this park. Guests with park reservations for this park may still enter.

It is very rare for park hopping to be suspended. The only other time it has occurred was during a brief time on the 50th anniversary.

Source: https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...k-hoping-suspended-today-at-magic-kingdom.htm

EDIT: it may just be an MDE glitch: see https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/park-hopping-currently-closed-at-magic-kingdom/
I called the Park Hopper phone number. 407-560-5000. It says park hopping is suspended for Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
Wow, this is nuts. Now I don't feel so bad about buying that 3-day promotional ticket with no park hopping. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter