Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

This is some really good information. It answered a lot of the questions I had. Thank you for such a good post.

I've searched around and haven't found this specific scenario, so I'm coming to the experts. On an upcoming trip, I would like to try to do the stacking strategy. I know I can make a park reservation, but honestly I'm not sure if I'll make it to any park before 2 (park hop activated!). If I chose a random park (my favorite is AK) for that morning, in the event that I do get the chance before 2---but don't actually go to AK that day---does it mess up my stacking? I feel like I read somewhere along the way that you *have* to scan into your reserved park before PH'ing. Does anyone know if this is true?

This isn't really a "stacking" question. It's a Park pass reservation and park hopping question. You indeed must enter the park that you have a park pass reservation for before "hopping" to another park. You do not have to enter the first park before 2:00. You can go there after 2:00, but it must be your first park of the day. People have been turned away that showed up at the parks they wanted to Park-hop to without first entering their reserved park. (Some may have been able to talk guest services into straightening it out and letting them enter, but I'd advise against trying it.)

Can anyone give me a rundown on the genie+ parade viewing area and when to arrive? Thinking of using it with toddler.

sorry saw this was posted two posts earlier

Has anyone used G+ for parade viewing? Wondering how it works and whether it might be worth it?
Can anyone give me a rundown on the genie+ parade viewing area and when to arrive? Thinking of using it with toddler.

sorry saw this was posted two posts earlier
We used the Lightning Lane for the Christmas parade. The information that pops up now when you click for information is similar to the Christmas parade. If it is the same, the entrance was near where my red mark is, then the viewing area is the yellow area roped off to not allow access to anyone else. I felt like it was worth it to have a guaranteed spot for something we really wanted to do.

I would say get there 20-30 minutes early. We got there about 10-15 early and it was already crowded. Also, With the toddler, I'd highly recommend a restroom stop (if potty trained) before as it can be kind of a long wait for the littles. I'm also not sure if theyd let you back in if you had to leave and the closest restrooms aren't that close.

Screenshot_20220318-182418.png

Last edited:
If a park reservation is still available for the park you planned to hop to after 2pm, and stacked your LLs in, can you cancel the existing park reservation day of and make it for the second park?

This isn't really a "stacking" question. It's a Park pass reservation and park hopping question. You indeed must enter the park that you have a park pass reservation for before "hopping" to another park. You do not have to enter the first park before 2:00. You can go there after 2:00, but it must be your first park of the day. People have been turned away that showed up at the parks they wanted to Park-hop to without first entering their reserved park. (Some may have been able to talk guest services into straightening it out and letting them enter, but I'd advise against trying it.)
Thanks for the clarification!

Do you really need a park hopper if you don't think you will make anywhere before 2? I would save the $$$.
It's just that one day of the trip that it's an issue, and the question wasn't really for me- I have an annual pass this year. My friend is doing a RunDisney race with me and she bought a 2 day park hopper, but because of the race on Saturday--I'm not sure what time we'll be at the park once we finish getting cleaned up and find some food. I just wanted to know all the details, so that we weren't surprised by anything.

I was trying to explain genie+ to my husband and I realized I'm still confused. Here's a scenario I thought of and I am not sure when I can technically book again. Can anyone help?

7am- book first LL (say it ends up being space mtn at noon)
11am- book second LL
noon- check into space mtn

Can I book a third LL when I check into space mtn at noon or do I wait until 1pm?

11am- book second LL

Can I book a third LL when I check into space mtn at noon or do I wait until 1pm?
You will wait until 1pm, assuming your second LL was for 1pm or later. Your next opportunity to book a LL is based on your most recently made LL reservation.

We used the Lightning Lane for the Christmas parade. The information that pops up now when you click for information is similar to the Christmas parade. If it is the same, the entrance was near where my red mark is, then the viewing area is the yellow area roped off to not allow access to anyone else. I felt like it was worth it to have a guaranteed spot for something we really wanted to do.

I would say get there 20-30 minutes early. We got there about 10-15 early and it was already crowded. Also, With the toddler, I'd highly recommend a restroom stop (if potty trained) before as it can be kind of a long wait for the littles. I'm also not sure if theyd let you back in if you had to leave and the closest restrooms aren't that close.

View attachment 655692
Did this have the same 2 hour window? Like, when you could you select your next lightning lane since there is no "Scanning in"?

I was trying to explain genie+ to my husband and I realized I'm still confused. Here's a scenario I thought of and I am not sure when I can technically book again. Can anyone help?

11am- book second LL

The way I remember is that only your most recently booked G+ LL affects when you can book the next.

AK opens at 7. Does Genie+ have an earlier start or is it still 7am?

TIA
From what I have read, Genie+ always starts at 7:00, even on days when Early Entry begins at AK by then. I don't believe any of the parks have had an official opening time (the one offsite guests use) as early as 7:00 yet. If and when they open a park that early, we will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter