Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I would also be flexible in your goals for MK G+ rides. You can't select the time later in the day to align with your goals until the earlier times are already gone. These are some of the most popular rides for G+ at MK so the times may not align with your 4-hour window or they may be sold out by the time you have another selection window.

Good luck!
That's a great point C&D. But with the ability to modify I could get later time slots. Right?

Is this true: the 6pm VQ for TRON is geared toward extended hours so BGs would be distributed for evening hours up to park closing but not during the two hours after park closes? Or will BGs be running until 12am?

Is this true: the 6pm VQ for TRON is geared toward extended hours so BGs would be distributed for evening hours up to park closing but not during the two hours after park closes? Or will BGs be running until 12am?
On a day with Extended Evening hours, the 7:00 and 1:00 VQs will be for boarding groups called during official park hours and the 6:00 VQ will be for boarding groups called during Extended Evening hours. Only those eligible for Extended Evening hours will be eligible for the 6:00 VQ. If all the boarding groups from the 1:00 VQ have been called before official park closing, they may start calling boarding groups from the 6:00 VQ before Extended Hours officially begins.

Last edited:
Got up early, bought G+ for HS, and the tip board just says ‘check availability’ under all the rides. No times listed, and if I click on it I get your selections aren’t loading at this time. Suggestions?

now at 7:22 I can see return times listed, but still the your selections aren’t loading at this time message…

ok and 7:25 finally able to book Slinky Dog for 2:15. this is the only park I bought G+ for this trip, what a pain!

Last edited:
Same thing - I ended up having to go in through “Plan my Genie Day” instead of the Tip Board. I was just getting ILL for Avatar. Glad it’s not a super busy time. Ugh, Disney IT and it’s “fun” glitches.

Got up early, bought G+ for HS, and the tip board just says ‘check availability’ under all the rides. No times listed, and if I click on it I get your selections aren’t loading at this time. Suggestions?

now at 7:22 I can see return times listed, but still the your selections aren’t loading at this time message…

ok and 7:25 finally able to book Slinky Dog for 2:15. this is the only park I bought G+ for this trip, what a pain!
You can modify.
I am not there so can’t screen shot but 1st tap the modify and you can choose to change ride or change time. IF the time looks good tap it. WATCH OUT if the time in the next screen is not good (it can change) just go BACK. Sometimes it takes a few because lots of people looking,

Best tip? For each park people can book a 2nd LL at 2 hours after official parking opening. Check THEN. Many people will move their rides etc and suddenly more times available earlier. I did this many times this year and moved my SDD that way.

Good luck!

I have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation for the Studios but I REALLY want to ride in Epcot is GoG. Can I buy a ILL for a ride time for GoG after 2:00 and hop over to Epcot. Or am I missing something that I need besides the PH and ILL?

I have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation for the Studios but I REALLY want to ride in Epcot is GoG. Can I buy a ILL for a ride time for GoG after 2:00 and hop over to Epcot. Or am I missing something that I need besides the PH and ILL?
Yes you can. It will only show times after 2pm and you can choose! You can even book 2 so can book Tron, Fop , sdmt, or Rotr as well. I often book both that morning and not always my morning park.

The app definitely had challenges this morning - took about 30 minutes to buy an ILL for GOTG as it kept giving an error.

You can modify.
I am not there so can’t screen shot but 1st tap the modify and you can choose to change ride or change time. IF the time looks good tap it. WATCH OUT if the time in the next screen is not good (it can change) just go BACK. Sometimes it takes a few because lots of people looking,

Best tip? For each park people can book a 2nd LL at 2 hours after official parking opening. Check THEN. Many people will move their rides etc and suddenly more times available earlier. I did this many times this year and moved my SDD that way.

Good luck!
I know all about modifying, I was just surprised since you are supposed to be able to book a LL at 7 AM that it wasn’t available at all. I looked at the first page of this thread and didn’t see anything about this. Was wondering if there was a work around I was missing.

I know all about modifying, I was just surprised since you are supposed to be able to book a LL at 7 AM that it wasn’t available at all. I looked at the first page of this thread and didn’t see anything about this. Was wondering if there was a work around I was missing.
From my experience, all I can say is that sometimes G+/ILL$ are broken at 7 a.m. This has happened to me more than once. The trick is to be on the app exactly when it's back up and working again if you want the rides/times that you wanted. I have never successfully turned this trick.

Disney IT can be a mess. On nye no one could book ILL either. I heard lots of people complaining at the CM desk(we were staying club level). Lucky I had dd with me. She deleted our cc and entered a different one and we were able to book. Like I would never had thought of that??? NUTS at times the hoops we have to jump through .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter