Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

In general, to be at the front of the pack for early entry you should be at the bus stop approximately 90 minutes before stated early entry time. That way you’ll be on the first bus, which usually runs about 1 hour before early entry time.
Merged with thread suggested below. :)
If you haven’t already found this thread, you’ll want to read the first post. It’s definitely kept up to date and will answer most of your questions! Then start at the end and follow along, asking questions you still have.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

Hi everyone! I’m planning my first on-site trip in probably 10 years! I’m just wondering about the feasibility of Rope Dropping Epcot by taking a bus to Hollywood Studios, then the Skyline to the International Gateway so that I’m closer to Remy‘s at early entry. Has anyone tried this? Is it more trouble than it is worth? Thanks.

Hi everyone! I’m planning my first on-site trip in probably 10 years! I’m just wondering about the feasibility of Rope Dropping Epcot by taking a bus to Hollywood Studios, then the Skyline to the International Gateway so that I’m closer to Remy‘s at early entry. Has anyone tried this? Is it more trouble than it is worth? Thanks.
That seems like an awful lot of work and time spent getting to that entrance of Epcot. First you have to wait to get on the bus to Hollywood studios, then wait to get on the skyline.

That seems like an awful lot of work and time spent getting to that entrance of Epcot. First you have to wait to get on the bus to Hollywood studios, then wait to get on the skyline.

I agree. I think this would take longer and put you further back at rope drop. You are looking at a bus to HS, then a transfer at the Skyliner Station at Caribbean Beach. I have rope-dropped Remy's from the Future World entrance and it went just fine.

If you really want to go in through the IG, you might consider taking an Uber/Lyft to Beach Club then walking over.

Unless you have a dining ADR, you will most likely be turned away. This is similar with any of the parks where you can walk in (so YC, BWI, and any of the monorail resorts). You may have better luck taking a rideshare to the swan/dolphin. An it may be faster to just walk from HS if you really want to get in via IG.

You can Uber to the Speedway gas station across from BW and walk from there.

Many have done this with great success. The key will be to be at your resort's bus transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins for Epcot, possibly even earlier if possible.
If you really want to go in through the IG, you might consider taking an Uber/Lyft to Beach Club then walking over.
There is no access to any resort without an ADR or to be staying at that resort

ETPE question of using Disney buses vs driving my car? The two days I'm planning to use ETPE, I want to go to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and willing to get to the resorts bus transportations really early like the recommended 90 minutes before EPTE begins. Although since I have a car would it better to drive and arrive early to the theme parks. I know the parking lots open an hour before ETPE begins, so not sure which method would help me get to the entrances sooner bus or car starting from Animal Kingdom Lodge?

ETPE question of using Disney buses vs driving my car? The two days I'm planning to use ETPE, I want to go to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and willing to get to the resorts bus transportations really early like the recommended 90 minutes before EPTE begins. Although since I have a car would it better to drive and arrive early to the theme parks. I know the parking lots open an hour before ETPE begins, so not sure which method would help me get to the entrances sooner bus or car starting from Animal Kingdom Lodge?
Since you are willing to arrive at transportation 90 mins before ETPE there really isn’t a clear ‘winner’. Some days buses arrive first, other days they open parking first. Basically either way will get you to the park gates at approx the same time so it’s your preference.

If it were me I’d take Disney transportation, especially to DHS as sometimes buses gain access before they open the parking lot but that doesn’t always happen either.

We’ll be staying at the poly this weekend and planning to do early entry at Epcot on Sunday which starts at 9:30 am. What time should we get to the monorail that morning?

We’ll be staying at the poly this weekend and planning to do early entry at Epcot on Sunday which starts at 9:30 am. What time should we get to the monorail that morning?
Don't take the Poly monorail, walk to the TTC and go straight to the Epcot line. I would probably want to be there by 8:30 at the latest. Epcot opening late is going to lead to some weirdness that morning.

Interesting. I thought you might have a typo on the opening time, but they really only open at 10AM Sunday? That's unusual. But that's not your question. If you're in a position to walk from Poly to the monorail, I'd want to be at the monorail no later than 8:30. If all goes well, you'd be in line at EPCOT by 9:00... Maybe 8:20! Have fun!

Interesting. I thought you might have a typo on the opening time, but they really only open at 10AM Sunday? That's unusual. But that's not your question. If you're in a position to walk from Poly to the monorail, I'd want to be at the monorail no later than 8:30. If all goes well, you'd be in line at EPCOT by 9:00... Maybe 8:20! Have fun!
It’s because of the half marathon

Animal Kingdom opens at 7AM on our planned day for that park, is the 90 minute suggestion have a little more wiggle room during these extra early openings?

Animal Kingdom opens at 7AM on our planned day for that park, is the 90 minute suggestion have a little more wiggle room during these extra early openings?
I would anticipate yes, you should have some wiggle room with a 7AM park opening but at the same time it's the beginning of spring crowds so you will want to factor that in too. If it were me I'd aim to be at transportation 60-75 mins before ETPE. Guessing 60 would be enough but not 100% positive.

Last August MK opened at 7:30 and when we were in line for our airport shuttle t 6:10, the MK line was approx 20 people long and that wasn't the first bus of the day.

Based on our experience when we tried this we were held at the first stop on the skyliner and could not get to EPCOT as early as we planned. I recommend walking from HS to International Gateway if you want to be at the front of the line.

Based on our experience when we tried this we were held at the first stop on the skyliner and could not get to EPCOT as early as we planned. I recommend walking from HS to International Gateway if you want to be at the front of the line.
When did this happen? Many have taken a bus to DHS then the Skyliner to Epcot and not reported this happening. It did a bit back in 2020 when the parks were open reduced hours and Epcot did not open until 11:00 but not for a long time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter