Evening Entertainment

KentM

Earning My Ears
I noticed on the Disneyland calendar that they've extended the park hours to 11:00pm on Thursday, Nov 9. (Must be expecting heavier crowds.) Other than a parade at 6:30, there isn't any other evening entertainment (i.e. fireworks, Fantasmic, etc). Is it normal for the park to stay open that late without the additional entertainment? Or do you think we'll see something show up on the calendar as the date gets closer? We'll only be there from Monday through Thursday and the kids were hoping for some fireworks.

KentM said:
I noticed on the Disneyland calendar that they've extended the park hours to 11:00pm on Thursday, Nov 9. (Must be expecting heavier crowds.) Other than a parade at 6:30, there isn't any other evening entertainment (i.e. fireworks, Fantasmic, etc). Is it normal for the park to stay open that late without the additional entertainment? Or do you think we'll see something show up on the calendar as the date gets closer? We'll only be there from Monday through Thursday and the kids were hoping for some fireworks.

Umm, they might make an annoucement about fireworks and shows but it isnt determined. btw, parade starts at 7:15PM...

Checked it myself because I'm curious about this for our upcoming trip... but it says parade at 6:30 on the official site....here's the link if you need it....

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...ly/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20061109

If you're trying to hit the parade that day I would check in the morning for the official time, but it sounds like you're looking for some of the other events (fireworks, fantasmic) as well.

Right, I'm not worried about the parade as we will be seeing that on an earlier day, it's more the fireworks and Fantasmic that I was wondering about.

It's just odd that every other date that I check on the calendar with a closing time after 8:00 those events occur, except on this one day that we were hoping for.

But it sounds like sometimes they don't announce these until the day of ???

Yeah its confusing, cause when I was there in early October of this year, I checked the brochure you can get as you walk through the gates, and it said that the park closed at 8:00pm. But when I went into DTD for dinner and came back, there was a sign at the security gate that it was open until 11pm. But I didnt stay around the park long enough to find out.

Since Christmas starts the next day at the Disneyland Resort, you may get lucky with a testing of the Believe Holiday fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter