• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eurostar baggage service?

emmaness

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering a few things about the Disney Express baggage service they provide on the Eurostar!

1) Do you get to go straight into the park as soon as you arrive, without worrying about your luggage or going to your hotel or anything?

2) Where do you collect your baggage from when you return to your hotel? Is there a specific section of the hotel for this purpose?

3) How do you get your baggage back when you arrive at Waterloo after your holiday? Do they have a carousel similar to the ones they have at airports?

4) Where do you leave your baggage on the morning of your departure from DLP? I assume it would be the same as the place you collect it from after you've arrived?

Thanks in advance! Sorry if it all sounds a bit complicated, but we aren't half worry warts and we want to make sure we get everything absolutely right! ;)

Emma,

You'll be given your park tickets on the train as well as some luggage labels to put on your cases. When you arrive at Marne le Vallee you take your luggage upstairs to the Disney Express desk and you are then free to go to the parks. There is a room or area at each hotel where you pick up your luggage when you arrive to check in. On the day you leave you leave your luggage in this same place and when you go to the station to leave you go back to the Disney Express desk where your luggage will be waiting for you.

Make sure you arrive in plenty of time for your return journey as it gets quite chaotic!

Joanne

Emma, just to add to Joanne's comments - your luggage stays with you throughout the journey, at the end of each train compartment there is baggage space, you take your bags on and off the train with you - assuming that it's the same procedure at Waterloo as at Ashford - perhaps one of the other members can confirm this.

We found the express service excellent, we went straight to the parks and checked into our hotel at about 9pm the only downside was we were then limited in our choice of breakfast times, only very early left which didn't suit my lot at all I ended up going down to breakfast alone with a doggy bag to take back to them. :dog2:

Great, thank you Joanne and Jill! :D

I have another question actually, now that I'm here... do you happen to know if you can get the Disney Express service if you book your Eurostar tickets seperately from your accommodation? I guess you would have to pay extra for it, even if they do offer it for non-package bookings.

I don't think you can for your journey to Disney.For your return journey you can book it - there is a charge for it, can't remember how much but it's not expensive. Ask at your hotel for details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter