• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape room tickets are up!

According to WDWNT, the experience is only 1/2 hour which is disappointing news if true. Even if it is an amazing experience, $50+/person for a family is a lot of cheddar for a 30-minute experience even with the included parking.
Ohhhh, only half an hour :crazy2: I guess they need so many people a day to go through to make enough cheese 🧀 The photos look great though.

From their terms and conditions, it would seem like closer to an hour? 15 minutes ahead of time and 30 minutes room would not come close to the 90 experience time.
1669918109359.png

From their terms and conditions, it would seem like closer to an hour? 15 minutes ahead of time and 30 minutes room would not come close to the 90 experience time.
View attachment 722383
I was wondering the same thing. 60 additional minutes beyond the actual game time seems like a lot. But reservation times are only 1 hour apart so the game would almost have to reset instantaneously to stay on schedule. If the tasks and puzzles are mostly digital and computerized, this is certainly a possibility.

I'm not surprised it's that short of an experience.

They want to make it appeal to a wide range of people. Most of the theme park crowd won't have an attention span longer than an hour and probably won't want to invest anymore time in the experience than that.

$50 really isn't outrageous for a theme park experience of this type. My guess is after the initial rush wears off you will see deals for certain times of day and year.

Looking forward to a report when someone goes! Mostly for a real person to tell me age this will be good for!

My 8 year old did kid friendly escape room and loved it, she is asking to do more!

We booked the Back to the Future room for 02/07/23, excited to see what they come up with. We chose the BTTF room as it has a max party size of 6 whereas the Jurassic World has a party size of 8, so less strangers to play with.

We booked the Back to the Future room for 02/07/23, excited to see what they come up with. We chose the BTTF room as it has a max party size of 6 whereas the Jurassic World has a party size of 8, so less strangers to play with.
Hope it's a fun time! Please let us know what you think of it when you have a chance

According to WDWNT, the experience is only 1/2 hour which is disappointing news if true. Even if it is an amazing experience, $50+/person for a family is a lot of cheddar for a 30-minute experience even with the included parking.
I read that review too and it turned us off immediately, we are a family of 5 and I won't pay that much for less than an hour of our time. I am curious to see reviews from people that actually pay their own money and won't make any money from it.
I'll probably never do this as I am almost always solo :(
Post in the solo thread and you may find a group of solos wanting to try it? If I see a few decent reviews on it, my daughter and I may attempt it sometime before February and would happily welcome others to join us, maybe meet for coffee or lunch ahead of time so as not to be too awkward when we all go in. LOL

I read that review too and it turned us off immediately, we are a family of 5 and I won't pay that much for less than an hour of our time. I am curious to see reviews from people that actually pay their own money and won't make any money from it.

Post in the solo thread and you may find a group of solos wanting to try it? If I see a few decent reviews on it, my daughter and I may attempt it sometime before February and would happily welcome others to join us, maybe meet for coffee or lunch ahead of time so as not to be too awkward when we all go in. LOL
We did this on December 17th, and we really enjoyed it. The entire experience (after the orientation) takes about an hour. After being on my feet at the parks all day, I am glad it was not longer. Ours was the Back to the Future Experience. Our group had 4 people, so we were joined by a group of 2. Unless you select a private group, they try to pair you in groups of 6 for Back to the Future and groups of 8 for Jurassic Pack (which I cannot review as we did not do this one).

I do not want to give away the plot or the main point, so I will just say you move from one small room to the next looking for clues being guided by Doc's assistant to move you along in the grand scheme of things. Because you are on a timeline (and there is likely another group behind you waiting to enter the room you are exiting, there is no failing), "Doc" will find a way to give you the correct answer if you do not figure it out and despite my 11 year old's belief that we did not get help, there were a couple of rooms where Doc had to push us along to advance the story and move us to the next room. That is a little disappointing, but it did not take away from the fun.

Each mini room is very Back to the Future (1, 2, or 3, so it is super cool for fans). I do think you get enough briefing that even someone who has never seen the movies could figure out the puzzles and advance the story. It was $65 a person for us (price based on date/time), but I think it was worth it (once). I would do the Jurassic park one, but I do not feel like the Back to the Future one could change enough to make it worth doing twice (even if the parameters in each room changed). It was cool... once.

Has anyone had any luck buying tickets at the door so they could use their AP discount? We'll be there the first week of July and really want to do it, but i also want to utilize our AP discount, and i'm not sure if we'll be able to get tickets in person.

Has anyone had any luck buying tickets at the door so they could use their AP discount? We'll be there the first week of July and really want to do it, but i also want to utilize our AP discount, and i'm not sure if we'll be able to get tickets in person.

We stopped in at the beginning of our trip on Jan 1st to use the discount in person. There was no availability for our size party that day for BTTF but could have gotten a same-day time for Jurassic. Plenty of availability on the following days. They were able to book us for later in the week in person and provided tickets for our return. It was pretty easy, though same-day availability is not guaranteed. I don't know how July crowds will affect what's available for you. Stopping in at the beginning of your trip is recommended.

We stopped in at the beginning of our trip on Jan 1st to use the discount in person. There was no availability for our size party that day for BTTF but could have gotten a same-day time for Jurassic. Plenty of availability on the following days. They were able to book us for later in the week in person and provided tickets for our return. It was pretty easy, though same-day availability is not guaranteed. I don't know how July crowds will affect what's available for you. Stopping in at the beginning of your trip is recommended.
Great, thanks! I wasn't even thinking about going in the beginning of our trip and booking for another day 🤦🏼‍♀️

Maybe, the solo thread seems to be more Disney focused, but possibly. My next trip is more Disney focused, will be doing a longer trip to Universal in November so may try then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter