Epic Universe trip October 2025 vs Feb 2026

Raya

DIS Veteran
Any advice regarding when to plan a big Epic Universe trip? We'd like to either go in October of 2025 - so we can see the park when it's all still relatively new, but hopefully not that crowded but also enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. We're also considering Feb 2026 - when I'm hoping crowds will be lower and we can go slower.

Of these choices I'd say February is probably a better bet for less crowds. Universal as a whole is usually busier in October versus February, and it allows a few more months of crowds to come through and start to calm a tiny bit.
Another perk is weather is usually a little more consistent in February too. Late summer through November is hurricane season so there is a stronger chance for major storms in the Orlando area in October than February.
So unless you are really wanting to hit HHN as part of the trip, I'd suggest February to be able to really focus on Epic.

There's a lot of construction still left and all we have regarding an opening date is a tweet saying "Summer 2025". I personally would not book a trip until we get a formal press release regarding the park. Beyond that issue, I personally think the opening of this park is going to be huge and I'd expect opening crowds to continue for a couple years. It's going to be 26 years since Universal or Disney has opened a brand new park in Florida, I'm anticipating a lot of excitement.

I avoid HHN because my kids are too young for it and I don't want to lose park time when the Studios side closes down early every day. But even if that weren't the case, I would still pick February. Better weather (for me, anyway, I would rather a bit chilly than deal with high humidity and possible hurricanes), Mardi Gras is fun, and lower crowds overall. But I might suggest checking when schools are going to be closed for Mardi Gras/Presidents Day/Ski Week and avoiding those weeks if it's possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter