Epcot strategy for Sunday 11/19

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Family of 4 adults, 3 kids staying offsite. Our priorities at Epcot for this Sunday are in this order: Remy, Frozen and Test Track.

We will purchase LL and can reserve from 2 F/F accounts so we aren't trying to get our LLs for 7 people at a time. Would you recommend rope dropping Remy (planning to park at Swan for quicker access through International Gateway) and then getting our first LL for Frozen (which we'll book at 7:00 am hopefully for a good return time). Then get Test Track after tapping into Frozen? Please advise an alternative if this doesn't look like the most efficient plan. Thanks.

If this plan looks ok, what time do you recommend being in the Swan parking lot? Epcot opens at 9:00 and it loos like it's about a 15-20 minute walk to security.

It sounds reasonable, but 'rope drop' for resort guests will get them a 30-minute head start, which I'm sure you know. Another potentially simpler approach could be to get the Remy LL at 7AM, park in the main EP lot, enter the main entrance, and head right to Frozen instead. Either way, it's likely to be busy the days leading up to Thanksgiving. If you decide on parking at S/D, you should plan to be there by 8AM at the latest.

Also, something to consider. I think you'd actually be better off having a single person making the LL reservations. It's not like dining where larger groups are harder to get. LLs are handed out on the 'next time avail' approach - so a single person is the best bet to have the 7 of you getting a LL for the same time period. Good luck.

Also, something to consider. I think you'd actually be better off having a single person making the LL reservations. It's not like dining where larger groups are harder to get. LLs are handed out on the 'next time avail' approach - so a single person is the best bet to have the 7 of you getting a LL for the same time period. Good luck.
Ok thanks for all that advice. We will also have two park days with 11 family members, all connected through F/F. Would you still recommend reserving all 11 for the things we want to do together? Likely would only be 2-3 rides per day we want to coordinate.

Ok thanks for all that advice. We will also have two park days with 11 family members, all connected through F/F. Would you still recommend reserving all 11 for the things we want to do together? Likely would only be 2-3 rides per day we want to coordinate.
Any Genie+/LL, I would do together. If you opt for something like an ILL purchase or ADRs, then consider separating. Also, when you have someone do the G+/LL, take the first time you can get. If it's earlier than you might actually want, you can go back and modify later. But if you use modify, your original timestamp remains, so your 2-hr window is already progressing from the original selection. Also remember, the app of the person making the LL reservations will show the time they can make the next reservation - no guessing.

Family of 4 adults, 3 kids staying offsite. Our priorities at Epcot for this Sunday are in this order: Remy, Frozen and Test Track.

We will purchase LL and can reserve from 2 F/F accounts so we aren't trying to get our LLs for 7 people at a time. Would you recommend rope dropping Remy (planning to park at Swan for quicker access through International Gateway) and then getting our first LL for Frozen (which we'll book at 7:00 am hopefully for a good return time). Then get Test Track after tapping into Frozen? Please advise an alternative if this doesn't look like the most efficient plan. Thanks.

If this plan looks ok, what time do you recommend being in the Swan parking lot? Epcot opens at 9:00 and it loos like it's about a 15-20 minute walk to security.
Have you parked at the Swan before? It’s all automated now (no attendant to help if you have a problem with automatic kiosk, although there is a call button). Be sure you know where your parking ticket is when you leave. Your family is likely more competent than we are, but I almost always have to get out of the car and help with the kiosk (and this is when we’re staying there and just have to get the ticket read by the machine 🤪. My DH just can’t seem to get in the right place to do it from the driver’s window.)

Have you parked at the Swan before?... Your family is likely more competent than we are...
No we haven't and no we are not:). I am rethinking our strategy since it's a busy week and we are offsite...will try Remy LL and hopefully get it early and Frozen LL to follow. So I guess it makes sense to just park in the regular Epcot lot and plan to arrive early.

No we haven't and no we are not:). I am rethinking our strategy since it's a busy week and we are offsite...will try Remy LL and hopefully get it early and Frozen LL to follow. So I guess it makes sense to just park in the regular Epcot lot and plan to arrive early.
I’m not trying to be a downer, but I don’t think you will be able to make a Frozen LL at 11. Check out Thrill-data for the historical times it’s gone for the day.

I would try for a LL for either Remy or Frozen and then rope drop the other. Slight chance you could maybe grab Test Track at 11. But I would plan it as though you will only be able to get one LL for those 3.

These are the average sell out times for Lightning Lane at EPCOT the past week. Table courtesy of https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/park/wdw/epcot/

It is hard to get 2 out of the big 3, assuming the return times are after 11 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter