Epcot New Years Eve 2023-2024

dweibel

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice about Epcot for New Years Even 2023-2024. We have flights to Orlando Dec. 31st landing around 11:30am. Plan to head by our hotel, staying at beach club, to drop off our bags then head straight to the park. Will we have any issues getting into the part this time of day if we have park reservations? Assuming we can get into the park we figured we would get a dining reservation in the evening to get some "down time" after flying in the morning and navigating a crowded park. Then I guess just for the parties to start. What time do they normally start at Epcot? Any advice is appreciated!

If you have a park reservation you are guaranteed entrance from park open to park close. If you have not already booked a park reservation, I would recommend doing that as soon as you can as NYE is one night when Epcot has potential to fill reservations.

We will be there similar datesn staying at BWV :), and I am quite glad to hear that we will be safe leaving the heavy crowds for a bit and being able to get back in.

I know that there are dance parties and special fireworks at EPCOT on NYE. I had also heard that they do a countdown in the various countries at the time that those countries would be midnight.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

We will be there similar datesn staying at BWV :), and I am quite glad to hear that we will be safe leaving the heavy crowds for a bit and being able to get back in.

I know that there are dance parties and special fireworks at EPCOT on NYE. I had also heard that they do a countdown in the various countries at the time that those countries would be midnight.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

I don't think Epcot has ever hit capacity levels. A reservation should help guarantee re-entrance. They have some of the food booths selling drinks and possibly special food. They usually have a silent disco in Japan. Previously, they would do a country countdown at the country's midnight. I thought they did a holiday tag at the end of a second showing of Illuminations, but with Luminous, we don't know yet. The calendar only shows Luminous at 6:30pm that night. So, it may only be Luminous once and then the countdown at midnight. I have not been since before covid though. People stake out spots very early for the shows on NYE, like starting in the early afternoon. However, there should be a lot of good spots. We don't know how Luminous will show in the lagoon yet, so we don't know where the view will be good.

I don't think Epcot has ever hit capacity levels. A reservation should help guarantee re-entrance. They have some of the food booths selling drinks and possibly special food. They usually have a silent disco in Japan. Previously, they would do a country countdown at the country's midnight. I thought they did a holiday tag at the end of a second showing of Illuminations, but with Luminous, we don't know yet. The calendar only shows Luminous at 6:30pm that night. So, it may only be Luminous once and then the countdown at midnight. I have not been since before covid though. People stake out spots very early for the shows on NYE, like starting in the early afternoon. However, there should be a lot of good spots. We don't know how Luminous will show in the lagoon yet, so we don't know where the view will be good.
Thank you!

We went to the NYE celebration in Epcot last year. It was so much fun for our whole family. They had dance parties in different pavilions, outdoor entertainers, lots of food and drinks and the best fireworks I have ever seen. We just stopped and watched them without camping out. Each country also did a little light firework salute as they hit midnight in their time zone. I highly recommend it and also going earlier in the day to do everything. If you come late you are not guaranteed reentry or entry if they reach capacity. That has happened in previous years so it is better to be safe.

We will be at EPCOT for New Year's for the first time this year. I would also appreciate any information about what to expect (besides insane crowds!).

The Disney calendar shows Luminous at 6:30, but no other fireworks show. Is that likely to change? Doesn't the midnight countdown usually feature a fireworks show?

What else will be going on that afternoon and evening?

We will be at EPCOT for New Year's for the first time this year. I would also appreciate any information about what to expect (besides insane crowds!).

The Disney calendar shows Luminous at 6:30, but no other fireworks show. Is that likely to change? Doesn't the midnight countdown usually feature a fireworks show?

What else will be going on that afternoon and evening?
The midnight countdown is for midnight at each country. The country lights up; I don't remember if there were fireworks for each country. I don't remember if there was a US midnight show. I thought there was, but it's been a while since we went. I do believe there are at least some small fireworks from behind the America Pavilion. Bathroom and food lines can be long.

Really wish they had more information on this. Magic Kingdom has NYE fireworks listed twice a night both 12/30 & NYE! I sure hope they aren't scaling back this fireworks show as everyone has told us that EPCOT is the place to be NYE.

I like the idea of countdowns in the different countries. I may have to put together a spreadsheet!

Joining others of you in expressing concern that nothing has been announced yet re fireworks -- but the park is open til 1, so I hope that means good things.

Think about it
They moved the regular Luminous Fireworks to 6:30
Why would they move Luminous time if they were not going to have an additional show at midnight? The sole reason it's moved to 6:30 is so they can set up for a 2nd show in the lagoon.
If there's no 2nd show you leave the show at 9:00
Also, why open till 1AM if there's no additional fireworks
It not being on the calendar is nothing I'd worry about. It has no name. There's no show name to list
It's not like at MK where they do a named show at midnight. That's easy to put on the calendar
Not even a blip on my radar of things to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter