EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I think I've only ever seen one rowdy drunk group, but I leave epcot by 2pm on f&w days. They were more amusing then anything they were trying to dress up the huge troll in the norway shop and take pictures with him. They were redirected easily by cm's. I always thought there was a limit to amount of drinks per license?

The limit is 2 per purchase so you could keep getting on line and buying 2 or you could skip the kiosks and go to the countries that sell larger sized adult beverages such as Germany go to the regular beer cart not the Food and Wine Kiosk.

Hmm... I got excited about the wine glass being offered to AP holders that I got the email about yesterday. I could do three visits when I am there for W&D weekend - Saturday pop to EPCOT briefly after the Expo before going to chill at the resort, Sunday, and Monday. I had already planned to go Sunday to see Illuminations, and since I have brunch at Cape May on Monday and I don't care for DHS it seems natural to go back to EPCOT before and after brunch until I have to go to catch the Tragical Express to the airport, so it would only be adding in an hour or so on Saturday.

But given that this is the next to last weekend and they have "limited supplies" I am wondering if making that effort on Saturday would even be worth it or if they will all be gone long before then. :/

Hmm... I got excited about the wine glass being offered to AP holders that I got the email about yesterday. I could do three visits when I am there for W&D weekend - Saturday pop to EPCOT briefly after the Expo before going to chill at the resort, Sunday, and Monday. I had already planned to go Sunday to see Illuminations, and since I have brunch at Cape May on Monday and I don't care for DHS it seems natural to go back to EPCOT before and after brunch until I have to go to catch the Tragical Express to the airport, so it would only be adding in an hour or so on Saturday.

But given that this is the next to last weekend and they have "limited supplies" I am wondering if making that effort on Saturday would even be worth it or if they will all be gone long before then. :/

I missed this... I can get the first two days the first weekend of the festival but visit three will take a while. They may run out pretty quickly however.

I missed this... I can get the first two days the first weekend of the festival but visit three will take a while. They may run out pretty quickly however.

That's what I'm afraid of. It seems like they should better be able to estimate how many they would need - especially since they order these things in such bulk the cost has to be minimum.

Oh well. One of those "perks" those of us limited by distance and jobs don't get to take advantage of. :(

I know it's a silly question but I'm a diabetic and we've booked several mixology seminars.....but do they give you water at these things? See...TOLD you it was silly!

Where are these comments coming from, invading your personal space and such. I have on occasion seen a drunk person at epcot they never invaded my space but plenty of others who let their kids do what ever they because hey its disney have invaded my personal space.

I go to Food and Wine every year and the last time I saw a rowdy group of drunks was about 5 years ago, I see an occasional person but never large groups that is one reason I can't believe all of the reports here because i go often so I should be seeing more of them if they indeed exist

I said I have never been to F&W, so am referring to general unruly crowds. I was at a state fair recently and was stepped on & pushed by crowds. I consider that invasion of my personal space. Glad to know it doesn't happen at Disney, although there are threads on Dis saying it does.

Monday will be your best day. I've also read people can have success on the weekends if you get to WS right when the booths open at 11 a.m. and leave early afternoon when the crowds build.

This is good advice. Particularly if you have a 6 yr old in tow. I'll be at F&W on Sat Oct. 31 (Halloween) and after an early 4:30 pm dinner ressie, I'll be making my way out of the park. I wouldn't write off weekends at F&W completely, just know that weekdays are usually much better re lower crowds & drinking. But if your plans must fall on a weekend, then just get your must-do's done by early to mid afternoon and then any time after that you can move on when it suits.

This is good advice. Particularly if you have a 6 yr old in tow. I'll be at F&W on Sat Oct. 31 (Halloween) and after an early 4:30 pm dinner ressie, I'll be making my way out of the park. I wouldn't write off weekends at F&W completely, just know that weekdays are usually much better re lower crowds & drinking. But if your plans must fall on a weekend, then just get your must-do's done by early to mid afternoon and then any time after that you can move on when it suits.
Rght now plan is arrive 11-12 on Saturday, Sunday RD at MK then Epcot, probably by 1. Was thinking to stay at Epcot/F&W until 4-5, back to the resort for a break then back to Epcot for Illuminations later. Will revisit idea of Illuminations that night.

I'm an AP holder and didn't receive an email about a wine glass. Come to think of it I've never gotten an email for any Passholder perk.

Can you post the details that were in the email? Where to pick up the wine glass?

My wife and I are curious about the "completed passport" statement. Do you think that means just the two daily stamps, or stamps from all of the kiosks in the passport in addition to the two special stamps?

I found the info on the Passholder area of Disney's site:

Passholders! Find Out How You Can Get a Commemorative Port Wine Glass
The 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is coming soon, from September 25 to November 16, 2015! Visit the festival on 3 or more separate days, and you can receive a special Passholder gift—a commemorative port wine glass—while supplies last!

How to Get Your Commemorative Port Wine Glass

• On your first visit to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, pick up your Festival Passport from any of the locations listed in your Guide Map. Be sure to have your valid Pass and valid photo ID with you.
  • Stop by Innoventions East in Future World at Epcot each day that you visit the Food & Wine Festival—from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM—to receive a special stamp in your Festival Passport.* Be sure to have your valid Pass and photo ID with you.
  • On your third day at the festival, return to Innoventions East with your completed, twice-stamped Festival Passport to receive your commemorative port wine glass**—while supplies last!
*One stamp per visit per Passholder.

**One commemorative port wine glass per Passholder per validated third visit. Port wine glass supplies are limited.

Separate admission to Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival required. Valid Pass required for stamp and commemorative port wine glass redemption.

Well, I went to buy the Discovery Sampler for 9/25 and I can't. I'm going to the Burger Party that night and the computer says my plans are conflicting. I had no intention to go to the Eat to the Beat Concert, anyways. Have all day for the Sampler. Frustrating.
Are you going alone? If not just purchase it under the name of someone else in your party. I am not a particular fan of the Eat to the Beat and since I have the premium package I can just go to the area by the American Pavilion and sit there but the pin, my sister is an avid pin collector and it is a great I will give it to her as part of her Christmas present

I found the info on the Passholder area of Disney's site:

Passholders! Find Out How You Can Get a Commemorative Port Wine Glass
The 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is coming soon, from September 25 to November 16, 2015! Visit the festival on 3 or more separate days, and you can receive a special Passholder gift—a commemorative port wine glass—while supplies last!

How to Get Your Commemorative Port Wine Glass

• On your first visit to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, pick up your Festival Passport from any of the locations listed in your Guide Map. Be sure to have your valid Pass and valid photo ID with you.
  • Stop by Innoventions East in Future World at Epcot each day that you visit the Food & Wine Festival—from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM—to receive a special stamp in your Festival Passport.* Be sure to have your valid Pass and photo ID with you.
  • On your third day at the festival, return to Innoventions East with your completed, twice-stamped Festival Passport to receive your commemorative port wine glass**—while supplies last!
*One stamp per visit per Passholder.

**One commemorative port wine glass per Passholder per validated third visit. Port wine glass supplies are limited.

Separate admission to Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival required. Valid Pass required for stamp and commemorative port wine glass redemption.

I hope they still have them when I get there it is the middle of the festival so I think I have 50-50 shot

Are you going alone? If not just purchase it under the name of someone else in your party. I am not a particular fan of the Eat to the Beat and since I have the premium package I can just go to the area by the American Pavilion and sit there but the pin, my sister is an avid pin collector and it is a great I will give it to her as part of her Christmas present

Nope, I'm going with a friend of mine. She tried to book but got the same message.

Speaking about the passholder wine glass offer. That reminds me that last year, the Premium Package participants had a passport to stamp, too. We had the PP and we almost made it through the whole passport, but it was raining cats & dogs on our last day at Epcot and we gave up early. However, I don't think the PP passport had any reward at the end -- unless there was a pin or something. I think I read that they're doing the PP passport stamping again this year. Can't remember where I read that...

Edited to add -- I was corrected that the passport stamping is a F&W program, not exclusive to Premium Package guests but open to all F&W visitors.

Last edited:
There wasn't a separate passport for Premium Package holders last year. It was just the passport that anyone attending the Festival can get. They do the same thing for the Flower & Garden Festival too but all guests can get them. The only reward at the end is a completion stamp. I guess this year there will be a special page for the AP stamps. I won't be going until November so I guess my chances of getting a glass are slim to none.

There wasn't a separate passport for Premium Package holders last year. It was just the passport that anyone attending the Festival can get. They do the same thing for the Flower & Garden Festival too but all guests can get them. The only reward at the end is a completion stamp. I guess this year there will be a special page for the AP stamps. I won't be going until November so I guess my chances of getting a glass are slim to none.
Didn't realize it was for everybody. Thanks!

My wife and I are curious about the "completed passport" statement. Do you think that means just the two daily stamps, or stamps from all of the kiosks in the passport in addition to the two special stamps?
It only means the 2 special stamps the offer states completed twice stamped passport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter