EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Can AP holders report in when the special wine glasses are gone? I would love to get one, but since I can't get there until the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half I'm 99% sure they'll be gone - especially since reading in the Mickey Monitor it is not just one per pass holder, but you can just keep going back and getting three stamps and get another for every three stamps. Still, IF they are still available, I can hit EPCOT after the expo and before resting to get my stamp on Saturday. But if they're gone, I won't bother hitting a park on Saturday.
Thanks!
Maybe someone who is going earlier would be willing to get one for you. You never know.

Can AP holders report in when the special wine glasses are gone? I would love to get one, but since I can't get there until the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half I'm 99% sure they'll be gone - especially since reading in the Mickey Monitor it is not just one per pass holder, but you can just keep going back and getting three stamps and get another for every three stamps. Still, IF they are still available, I can hit EPCOT after the expo and before resting to get my stamp on Saturday. But if they're gone, I won't bother hitting a park on Saturday.
Thanks!

Well if that's the case they will probably be gone by the 2nd weekend and on ebay for $100. Disney seems unable to deal with things like this.

Remember that these are not full size wine glasses. Port glasses are small.

I am not even going to bother now that I read this. I just assumed they would limit it to one per AP. What is to stop someone from going by the festival center 10 times a day with 10 different passports?

Disney just doesn't get it sometimes :(

Well if that's the case they will probably be gone by the 2nd weekend and on ebay for $100. Disney seems unable to deal with things like this.

Remember that these are not full size wine glasses. Port glasses are small.

I am not even going to bother now that I read this. I just assumed they would limit it to one per AP. What is to stop someone from going by the festival center 10 times a day with 10 different passports?

Disney just doesn't get it sometimes :(

According to the offer you can only go once per day and must show your AP & ID in order to get the passport stamped. One would hope (yea I know we're talking Disney here) they will actually be scanning the AP to verify you have not already gotten your stamp for the day. Since they scan the card for discounts there should be a way to do it for the glasses also.

so i finally had to give up waiting for Disney to decide what's being featured at the culinary demo for Sept 29 (still TBD on their website & CMs on the FEST line have no idea when it will be decided). booked the last portion of my PP for the culinary demo. we're all set to go & my pre-planning is complete! we even got our ME luggage tags in the mail! yay! EF&WF and MNSSHP.... here we come!

I realize F&W will be crowded on the weekend. If we get there 12-1ish & go to F&W first, will the other parts of the park be busy later when F&W is busy?

so i finally had to give up waiting for Disney to decide what's being featured at the culinary demo for Sept 29 (still TBD on their website & CMs on the FEST line have no idea when it will be decided). booked the last portion of my PP for the culinary demo. we're all set to go & my pre-planning is complete! we even got our ME luggage tags in the mail! yay! EF&WF and MNSSHP.... here we come!

Yeah I'm doing the same demo and they still don't know

I know this will vary based on what items one chooses, but can someone give me a rough estimate on how many F&W booth food items would equal a QS meal? I'm trying to figure out realistically how many items we'll have enough appetite to sample.

I know this will vary based on what items one chooses, but can someone give me a rough estimate on how many F&W booth food items would equal a QS meal? I'm trying to figure out realistically how many items we'll have enough appetite to sample.
It really depends on the item but I'd say 4-6 items to equal a normal meal.

Question for you experts..... is it worth bothering with the Party for the Senses if we can only get General Admission? It's me and DH
We have just 1 long weekend to work with and made a decision to go just last week so we are left with what we can get. I'm lucky as can be to get a room at BC and find any events to book.
I'm reading through the thread but thought I'd better ask this now, so we can book if it's worth it, before it's gone

1st time attending the Food and Wine and just learning about the F&W sampler package. We are a party of 5 but if I read correctly, I do not need to purchase a sampler for each member correct? I guess the bigger question is.... Is it worth it, value-wise? the 8 samplers....etc
Additionally, we probably will not take advantage of the concert. So other than the pin, is it worth purchasing the Sampler Package or should we just go with Gift Cards?

Any advice or help from those who've used in the past is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Question for you experts..... is it worth bothering with the Party for the Senses if we can only get General Admission? It's me and DH
We have just 1 long weekend to work with and made a decision to go just last week so we are left with what we can get. I'm lucky as can be to get a room at BC and find any events to book.
I'm reading through the thread but thought I'd better ask this now, so we can book if it's worth it, before it's gone

"If it's worth it" is a relative term. I have absolutely no interest in it, so for me it's certainly not worth it. But I am sure there are others who go every year and love it.

There are many people who booked the premium package this year when there was all the confusion about what it actually included, because the special areas and food runners were "worth it" to them. During the week days, that alone wasn't "worth it" to me.

We each have different wants and so whether something is "worth it" to you will depend on what you want.

I'd recommend you read the descriptions posted here and elsewhere and decide if it's something you're interested in and if you think it would be "worth it" to you.

Last edited:
"If it's worth it" is a relative term. I have absolutely no interest in it, so for me it's certainly not worth it. But I am sure there are others who go every year and love it.

There are many people who booked the premium package this year when there was all the confusion about what it actually included, because the special areas and food runners were "worth it" to them. During the week days, that alone wasn't "worth it" to me.

We each have different wants and so whether something is "worth it" to you will depend on what you want.

I'd recommend you read the descriptions posted here and elsewhere and decide if it's something you're interested in and if you think it would be "worth it" to you.
I didn't word the question correctly.
I know what's included and I am not questioning if it's worth it to go. If I could get reserved seating I know for sure we'd book it. I'm questioning is the GA (no reserved seating). In reading the early comments thus far (I haven't gotten too far through the thread yet) most seem to say it's great with reserved seating. So does not having reserved seating change the opinion on going?

I didn't word the question correctly.
I know what's included and I am not questioning if it's worth it to go. If I could get reserved seating I know for sure we'd book it. I'm questioning is the GA (no reserved seating). In reading the early comments thus far (I haven't gotten too far through the thread yet) most seem to say it's great with reserved seating. So does not having reserved seating change the opinion on going?

I am going solo so for me the "reserved seating" is a deal breaker. That said every year there are hundreds of people who go General Admission and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

1st time attending the Food and Wine and just learning about the F&W sampler package. We are a party of 5 but if I read correctly, I do not need to purchase a sampler for each member correct? I guess the bigger question is.... Is it worth it, value-wise? the 8 samplers....etc
Additionally, we probably will not take advantage of the concert. So other than the pin, is it worth purchasing the Sampler Package or should we just go with Gift Cards?

Any advice or help from those who've used in the past is greatly appreciated.

The sampler is new this year. For me it was not a good value because we don't know what's "excluded" If I can by 8 glasses of the top of the line Champagne it's a great deal (Of course if I drank 8 glasses I would then be the 'rowdy drunk' people on here whine about :) ) But it's borderline on if it would save you any money on the food since most of us expect the really high priced drinks to be the "exclusions" Personally if you don't want the pin or the concert I would go with just buying your treats

We're going to be at F&W a month from today!! We already have our booths and food/beverages picked out. I'm super excited AND nervous. We got the sampler, and I want to use it on the most expensive items from our list I can, but I know exclusions and prices won't be official until the day we go. Anyone have any ideas for where I might be able to check item prices after the soft opening? I'd don't want to walk around pricing things, and then have to backtrack for the more expensive things. We know we'll be paying OOP for things over our voucher allotment, so figuring it out early would be great! TIA!

Anyone else thinking that a blog post warning tickets are "going fast" may indicate the opposite?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...urger-block-party-yelloween-masquerade-party/

YES! I can't even remember them having to do something like this Generally everything sells out almost immediately especially special events. THis is very interesting!

It seems they might even have the Wine View and reserved seating for the PFTS they "dressed up". I have been thinking that one of the reasons PFTS was selling out so quick was just the "Reduced" number of parties. They only do in October and now they have "themed" a couple of them so that they may not have as big of an appeal. (I am not that into Disney chefs, I don't mind them, but I like the variety too so that PFTS didn't appeal to me nor did the theming of Halloween. I don't wear yellow LOL! )

They also seemed to really be pushing the fact that the burger party is not JUST burgers. (Hint to Disney, things will sell better if you figure this out EARLIER! A lot of us already signed up and spent our money so this "but wait we have this feature" is too little too late to get our cash.)

Last edited:
We're going to be at F&W a month from today!! We already have our booths and food/beverages picked out. I'm super excited AND nervous. We got the sampler, and I want to use it on the most expensive items from our list I can, but I know exclusions and prices won't be official until the day we go. Anyone have any ideas for where I might be able to check item prices after the soft opening? I'd don't want to walk around pricing things, and then have to backtrack for the more expensive things. We know we'll be paying OOP for things over our voucher allotment, so figuring it out early would be great! TIA!

Monitor the DFB They are pretty good about posting menu board photos. Honestly you can probably use last year as a guide. Assume the same "relative" pricing. IF it cost a lot last year, it still will this year That should get most of the returning things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter