• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of the 50th

dlboy

Earning My Ears
pirate: Hi does anybody know when the 50th anniversary ends??. We will be making a quick visit to DL around Oct19 - 22nd. I have heard different dates for the end of the 50th from Aug to around labor day weekend, but can't find anything official :cool1:
Thks

I had to call Disney to cancel a previous trip, and was trying to reschedule before the end of the 50th celebration. I was told then that the official end date was Oct. 2nd. I have read since then that the date merely means that the gold decorations will be taken down; the special parades and other shows will continue through the end of the year.

It ends September 30th according to my email reply (got this from two different emails to DL website). hear that some of the stuff will still be going on though.

Alex2kMommy said:
I had to call Disney to cancel a previous trip, and was trying to reschedule before the end of the 50th celebration. I was told then that the official end date was Oct. 2nd. I have read since then that the date merely means that the gold decorations will be taken down; the special parades and other shows will continue through the end of the year.
I hope that is true!! Because I really wanted to see the 50th fireworks show, and not sure if I can get there before October. :wave2:

Hi, I called yesterday to see and was told Oct 2nd. We were going to try and squeeze in another trip in late Sept (surprise for twin ds's 7th bday), and I was hoping to see it again! Before we left Disneyland I talked dh into upgrading to AP, so we could :)

Here is copy of email I got from Disney a few week back.

"Dear Wayne,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

The 50th Anniversary celebration will conclude in late September 2006. At that time, the golden
anniversary-themed decorations will be removed to make way for our Resort-wide annual celebration of
our Halloween and holiday season. The new additions added during the celebration, Buzz Lightyear
Astro Blasters, the redesigned Space Mountain, and Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!,
will remain exciting adventures for Guests to enjoy for many years to come. In addition, the classic
parades and fireworks added for the Happiest Homecoming on Earth celebration will remain for a
limited time following the celebration's conclusion. In 2007, we look forward to a brand new
DISNEYLAND® Park attraction, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, where Guests will be delighted to
discover their favorite fish friends getting into the swim of things right along side their
submarine! We hope to see you soon."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter