end of hurricane season?

my3boys

Mouseketeer
I cannot even imagine how Floridians are handling the continued onslaught of hurricanes. When does hurricane season typically end?

Although hurricane season "officially" ends Nov. 30th - it is RARE, RARE, RARE for hurricanes to establish themselves that late in the season. By then, the water temperatures have gotten cooler, making it more difficult for these storms to materialize.

That being said, this HAS been a VERY unusual season, and I really don't know anyone in Fl. or along the gulf coast who has not been affected by one of these storms in one way or another.

:wave:

i know hurricane season ends 30th november, but are we likely to have the hurricanes as bad as the ones that have hit florida so far:confused3 i'm getting kind of worried now that we are so close to going:rolleyes: should i be worried?

eve::MinnieMo

Peak hurricane season starts around mid August and continues through most of Septemeber.

It is not unusual for there to be tropical disturbances during the month of October (tropical storms, depressions, etc). It's not common to get hurricanes in October HOWEVER it certainly isn't common to get FOUR hurricanes in a month EITHER!

So, honestly expect the unexpected this season, there really is no telling when they'll give up. The only thing I can say is that when it starts to cool down the hurricanes will start to cool down as well. They need the very warm waters to stay alive and intensify. So let's just hope for some of those cold fronts to start dipping down into FLORIDA .... like NOW!:hyper:

Originally posted by uktigger
:wave:

i know hurricane season ends 30th november, but are we likely to have the hurricanes as bad as the ones that have hit florida so far:confused3 i'm getting kind of worried now that we are so close to going:rolleyes: should i be worried?

eve::MinnieMo
There is no sure way to say if you should be worried or not... only thing I could say is to watch the weather.... that is all you can do. You cannot say if one will form, and if it does... will it hit, and if it does..where will it hit. I have lived in SW FL for 13 years & have never seen anything like this before. Living in NY, I cannot remember any season like this for FL. I have had friends living in Miami since 1974... and can't remember any season like this one...so.... who knows what the weather will bring. Jeanne was suppose to be no threat to FL, she was heading back out to sea....then looped back. Ivan came thru our Pan Handle, went up the U.S. coast, came back out into the Atlantic, headed back south to us. Came thru (at least down here in SW FL) as heavy rains last week then back out into the Gulf & over to Texas. It nearly made a complete (and very large at that) circle!!! I have never heard of that. This is the season that will go down in history. I think the Disney Parks have been closed more days in the last 6 weeks than all of it's years open, and if it hasn't , I would bet by the end of this season, it will. :confused: I can't wait for all of this to be over, I am getting numb from this:headache: :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter