Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presently, there exists inconsistency, and it's possible that I might only introduce more leniency exclusively to this forum. I'm uncertain at this point, but I intend to collaborate with the Moderators and seek candid feedback from a select group of long-time members. Consider this a stress test, as it provides valuable insights in many instances. My goal is to ensure that members do not feel threatened by anyone in a position of "power," and I also want to prevent our Moderators and Webmasters from being subjected to attacks. Direct your concerns to me directly, not them. Corey@disneyinfo.com

If I had left policies untouched, a significant portion of the threads discussing current events would have been deleted, leading to a wave of bans. Infractions would have been distributed as casually as handing out Mickey Mouse stickers. We could have faced allegations of "sweeping it under the rug" and being complicit in a culture that unquestionably requires change.

While I am facilitating a more open discussion on various topics to enhance transparency, I will promptly remove personal attacks, name-calling, and any attempts to circumvent the filter. This policy extends to quoting inappropriate comments as well.
Could you please let us know when PW is no longer profiting a dime from all your hard work?

Thanks!

Could you please let us know when PW is no longer profiting a dime from all your hard work?

https://www.wdwinfo.com/uncategoriz...-and-co-owner-of-dreams-unlimited-travel-inc/

ā€œEffective immediately, Peter Werner has resigned his position as CEO of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and as Owner/Editor-in-Chief of The DIS (as well as all related websites and properties)ā€ā€¦. ā€œMr. Wernerā€™s ownership interest in the above businesses is currently being divested.ā€ (Italics are mine. I tried to put the above in quote form but canā€™t figure out the formatting)

Iā€™ve seen a lot of posts suggesting that the author wonā€™t participate on the boards or videos if PW is making money off them. Divestiture takes time; the wheels of government grind slowly.

That being said, the lawsuit filed against PW by AmEx is so huge (nearly $900K) that unless he can liquidate enough personal property to pay it off, or have a relative who can pay it off, his only way out of this debt will be filing bankruptcy. I donā€™t know if Florida laws are anything like Michigans, but if he has to file chapter 7, any of his assets can be seized by the State to pay the bill. Thatā€™s including his house, his business holdings, earnings (to a certain extent). Not so sure about chapter 13 or other forms. This will take probably a year or more to complete. Anything he does from the time this lawsuit was filed against him will be noted by a bankruptcy court (if that is what happens).

I think itā€™s safe to say with a bit of assurance that I donā€™t think PW is going to benefit from income from the Disboards or Dreams Unlimited for very much longer, if he hasnā€™t been divested by now. The government will see to that one way or the other.

A scenario that hasnā€™t been touched on very much is the specter of criminal activity by PW. John (as Dreams Unlimited) has asked for and is currently awaiting a court trial to prove that PW got the AmEx card in DU without his knowledge or approval. Iā€™m no lawyer, but that pretty much looks like fraudulent activity to me. Might could be that if PW doesnā€™t pay up, he might be facing some vacation away from home, but not at the kind of hotel heā€™s used to.

He wonā€™t be making any money from Dreams or the Dis, from where I sit.

(Edited to add that the above is my opinion only. I donā€™t have personal knowledge of anything other than what I saw on the Orange County Clerks online web site).

Last edited:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/uncategoriz...-and-co-owner-of-dreams-unlimited-travel-inc/

ā€œEffective immediately, Peter Werner has resigned his position as CEO of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and as Owner/Editor-in-Chief of The DIS (as well as all related websites and properties)ā€ā€¦. ā€œMr. Wernerā€™s ownership interest in the above businesses is currently being divested.ā€ (Italics are mine. I tried to put the above in quote form but canā€™t figure out the formatting)

Iā€™ve seen a lot of posts suggesting that the author wonā€™t participate on the boards or videos if PW is making money off them. Divestiture takes time; the wheels of government grind slowly.

That being said, the lawsuit filed against PW by AmEx is so huge (nearly $900K) that unless he can liquidate enough personal property to pay it off, or have a relative who can pay it off, his only way out of this debt will be filing bankruptcy. I donā€™t know if Florida laws are anything like Michigans, but if he has to file chapter 7, any of his assets can be seized by the State to pay the bill. Thatā€™s including his house, his business holdings, earnings (to a certain extent). Not so sure about chapter 13 or other forms. This will take probably a year or more to complete. Anything he does from the time this lawsuit was filed against him will be noted by a bankruptcy court (if that is what happens).

I think itā€™s safe to say with a bit of assurance that I donā€™t think PW is going to benefit from income from the Disboards or Dreams Unlimited for very much longer, if he hasnā€™t been divested by now. The government will see to that one way or the other.

A scenario that hasnā€™t been touched on very much is the specter of criminal activity by PW. John (as Dreams Unlimited) has asked for and is currently awaiting a court trial to prove that PW got the AmEx card in DU without his knowledge or approval. Iā€™m no lawyer, but that pretty much looks like fraudulent activity to me. Might could be that if PW doesnā€™t pay up, he might be facing some vacation away from home time, but not at the kind of hotel heā€™s used to.

Yes, all that is known and understood, but to CuteasMinnie's question - I also would like to know when the full divestiture occurs even though it likely isn't in the immediate future.

A scenario that hasnā€™t been touched on very much is the specter of criminal activity by PW. John (as Dreams Unlimited) has asked for and is currently awaiting a court trial to prove that PW got the AmEx card in DU without his knowledge or approval. Iā€™m no lawyer, but that pretty much looks like fraudulent activity to me. Might could be that if PW doesnā€™t pay up, he might be facing some vacation away from home, but not at the kind of hotel heā€™s used to.

(Edited to add that the above is my opinion only. I donā€™t have personal knowledge of anything other than what I saw on the Orange County Clerks online web site).
That does not happen overnightā€¦ A LOT of folks are waiting till both have been done.
Yes, all that is known and understood, but to CuteasMinnie's question - I also would like to know when the full divestiture occurs even though it likely isn't in the immediate future.
Exactly. Till thenā€¦

Last edited:

All of this legal stuff is a bit more nuanced and complicated. AmEx is going after PW *and* DU, jointly and severally. Meaning, they could go after DU's money solely and DU could be forced to pay up. DU would then have to go after PW if there is wrong doing by PW. It's very possible that AmEx had a reasonable belief that PW, as an executive with the company, had authority to open the credit card which, again, would allow them to go after DU, and then DU would have to go after PW and hope he has assets to cover their loss.

A lot of it will depend on contacts, between PW and DU and between DU and AmEx. I wouldn't assume, yet, that only PW will have to pay up though. It's too early and us spectators aren't privy to the information needed to predict how this may go.

I have seen @JimmyV_2.0 explain this better than I did though.

I just want to ask point blank, why is there such a double standard?

When a member of the staff team violates the rules quite blatantly and aggressively, the evidence is destroyed and anyone questioning the situation is silenced or banned. Nothing ever comes from it, and we are supposed to take the explanation as the end of it.

When a regular member does far less they get demerits and sometimes banishment without any kind of possibility of reinstatement. Further those people are also vilified on the regular by the people who decided their fate.

Why are there no consequences for what happened recently when for the past two decades the consequences for doing or saying far less were permanent banishment without the possibility of an appeal process?

If the person is as sorry as they claim, why have they made no further statements or made an effort to actually show they are serious about their mistake. Instead evidence was destroyed and altered and comments criticizing the behavior as well as complete threads vanished and returned.

If the person is truly surprised by the reactions they are getting, maybe they shouldnā€™t be in a position of authority since clearly they lack empathy and any real care for the community as a whole.
I agree, previously you could be cancelled by the DIS webmasters very quickly indeed. I had a friend who was given a lifetime ban on here by WM Jackie simply because they called out Kevin's very elitist attitude on a show. No right of appeal or anything. There was no personal abuse, swearing or anything like that. And they had been a helpful & positive 15+ year member of the DIS boards and a Patreon supporter with no previous infractions. But there was no chance of forgiveness by Jackie. After a year they asked if they could be let back on but didn't even get a reply. It was all quite cruel and they felt devastated that they had immediately been ejected from a community they'd been a member of so long.

I agree, previously you could be cancelled by the DIS webmasters very quickly indeed. I had a friend who was given a lifetime ban on here by WM Jackie simply because they called out Kevin's very elitist attitude on a show. No right of appeal or anything. There was no personal abuse, swearing or anything like that. And they had been a helpful & positive 15+ year member of the DIS boards and a Patreon supporter with no previous infractions. But there was no chance of forgiveness by Jackie. After a year they asked if they could be let back on but didn't even get a reply. It was all quite cruel and they felt devastated that they had immediately been ejected from a community they'd been a member of so long.
Not our Jackie Gayle right?

Yes, which is why I expect to be deleted/canceled soon šŸ˜‚
pretty much all webmasters have overstepped on here, as they had to obey the overlords and protect them at all costs. No one watched/monitored them and still arenā€™t. Hopefully thatā€™ll change, but until webmasters/moderators actually have repercussions for their actions nothing will change.

Fixed that for you. A web forum moderator isnā€™t a concentration camp guard. They can walk away at any point. No one has to do anything.
And to that analogy, as grim as it is, none of the users are being held here against their will to post as the past attitudes I have seen expressed by the webmasters, owners, and some of the ā€œlong timersā€ defending the former two. Itā€™s quite a strange psychological soup. I get relationships are formed over time online or otherwise, but if the overall vibe is that toxic (rising to the level described) - i guess people have just dealt with it or moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter