EMM worthwhile??

Sparkle51

Earning My Ears
So, we are doing first day at MK and i wasn't able to get 7DMT for the morning (we are with kids 7,5,4 so planning for mid day collapses)

is it worth it for EMM just to get that ride in? we don't really care about peter pan...

or can i just rope drop it (we will be there for opening) and save the money???

Lots of other people will be RDing it too. Maybe cheaper to try for a PPO breakfast (like BOG) and hoof it over there to 7DMT fast. EMM looks great, never done it though. The queue fir Peter Pan is awesome though, your kids would probably love it.

I have almost booked it about 5 times, never pulled the trigger. It just seems like too much money, but clearly many people disagree. disneydreamer is correct - getting a reservation at BOG before the park opens is the way to go, then you can get right on 7DMT when the park opens. They can change MK opening time to 8am and if they do, the BOG reservation gives you no advantage - that is the one hitch.

We love EMM and have done it 3 times and have it booked again on our upcoming trip. My son and I love to see how many times in a row we can ride 7DMT in 45 minutes - usually 10. Peter Pan and Pooh are also just nice to get out of the way with no line, but we're fine with once each for those. And the breakfast buffet is quite good and because it's not crowded at all,you can quickly get to your food. You can certainly take as much time as you like, but we are normally done in 20 minutes or so. The best use of time is to do the EMM rides until 9:00, hit a headliner ride or two right a 9:00 and then go for the breakfast around 9:45.

If your traveling party really wants to ride 7DMT multiple times in a day, the only real way to do that is with EMM (or you could spend 8 hours, wait standby and ride it 5 times). If you only want to ride 7DMT once, then RD is probably best. As with any of these extra $$ events, value can be had.

I have almost booked it about 5 times, never pulled the trigger. It just seems like too much money, but clearly many people disagree. disneydreamer is correct - getting a reservation at BOG before the park opens is the way to go, then you can get right on 7DMT when the park opens. They can change MK opening time to 8am and if they do, the BOG reservation gives you no advantage - that is the one hitch.

They won’t change the opening time if it’s an EMM morning.

If there are halloween on christmas parties when you are going pay for that instead. The line will be decently short for 7DMT since there are fewer people in the park, and you get much more bang for your buck than EMH because of all the additional party entertainment.

Yes, yes and yes! For my family it is worth it. You have to ask yourself, would I want to ride 7DMT over and over, as many times as you wanted with no wait, for an hour? If the answer is yes, then it would be worth it for you! If it's no, I'd just be good riding it once, then EMM wouldn't be a good value for you. We rode 7DMT 10 times and PP and Pooh each once. Plus a great breakfast included in the price. We have it booked again for next trip. I love not having to get a fp for any of those 3, not having to ropedrop them and definitely not having to ropedrop 7DMT in that madness and also have the 3 rides done before the park even opens.

Someone just posted that they are now holding BOG PPO until the RD crowd is in Well into Fantasyland. If true, it devalues the PPO and increases the value of EMM.

We chose to spend the money on CRT. We lucked out getting a FP for 7DMT (well I woke up at 3:45 PST at 60 days) anyway, but I gave my kids the choice. Even explaining the multiple rides and getting to rope drop Space or something else after before we had breakfast they still said they would rather do CRT. I guess it's a bucket list item, but I would have preferred EMM.

We just don't see the value in riding the same ride over and over. We're content riding those rides once or twice every 2-3 years, which is how often we visit. I can't imagine 7DMT being 'magical' after riding it 8-9 times in a 45 minute window.

We're fortunate. Since we do not go that often, we are able to always stay on-site and for multiple days. So, we never have a problem grabbing FP for 7DMT and Pan. Pooh is always a post-fireworks ride for us. The line for Pooh at that time of night is never more than 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter