Electric Cars

Had a question from a different view - that is the rudeness of some people regarding EV chargers.

I hear about people unplugging others cars so they can charge theirs - that's bad enough - but I've also seen videos of people unplugging peoples cars from in front of their homes (a condo for example or row houses in the UK etc..) so they can charge their vehicle and being like - well I needed to charge my car. It's like these people seem to think electricity is free - its not for the most part - even if you have solar if you use more than you make its not free.

I'm sort of surprised that is not more locked down.
I know that if I installed a charger Id probable have it on a switch to turn it on and off.
I guess if someone just disconnects it and connects it to there car when you are charging a switch will not help.

As I said before - I'm not ready to go electric - and its not ready for me - but I've thought about it.

Had a question from a different view - that is the rudeness of some people regarding EV chargers.

I hear about people unplugging others cars so they can charge theirs - that's bad enough - but I've also seen videos of people unplugging peoples cars from in front of their homes (a condo for example or row houses in the UK etc..) so they can charge their vehicle and being like - well I needed to charge my car. It's like these people seem to think electricity is free - its not for the most part - even if you have solar if you use more than you make its not free.

I know that if I installed a charger Id probable have it on a switch to turn it on and off.
I guess if someone just disconnects it and connects it to there car when you are charging a switch will not help.

As I said before - I'm not ready to go electric - and its not ready for me - but I've thought about it.
good point. we are lucky we own a home with a garage and private drive. so no issue here for us. But in more populated areas, shared parking, street parking defintely and issue.

We are getting solar panels in 2 months and this includes a wallbox for car charging. you can lock these up. Only thing is we cant get out of our current lease to switch to electric even within same leaser. Our plan is to keep the large family car as fuel and then our second car ( a lease) electric . Second car is a normal sedan size and for commutes to train station and in town. We did the math would save us about 250 a month in our fuel vs solar/grid calculations. but we live in germany and pay more vs the US per gallon. Pluse we pay less green tax a year due to lower Co2 for that car.

I've not heard of this, but I only use my home charger and I have a Tesla. You need the "key" which is my iPhone...to unplug the car. I've run out a dozen times to plug my car in....and left my phone inside, so need to run back in to even be able to access the port. The car needs to be unlocked, or I need to open the charging port with my phone.

There have always been and always will be jerks.

Some cars lock the cord to the car, others do not.

For public charging it doesn't matter so much since charging can generally be stopped from the pedestal used to initiate the charge.

A certain level of trust in the decency of fellow man is required for society to function.

A certain level of trust in the decency of fellow man is required for society to function.
Yeah.... unfortunately its not reality though -lots of stories like this.

There are also people who just unplug cars for no reason at all - just to be jerks. So that is yet another issue.
I can almost understand people who do it to charge there car...almost.. but just to do it to be a jerk not so much.

good point. we are lucky we own a home with a garage and private drive. so no issue here for us. But in more populated areas, shared parking, street parking defintely and issue.
Somewhat surprised to hear its an issue in Germany - I can see UK, US etc...

I always think of Germany as the place where people tend to follow the rules - like not crossing the street against the light even though there are no cars coming...and when us tourists do they look at us like we are crazy.
In the end I guess there are jerks everywhere.

For every story of someone unplugging a charging EV, there are thousands of untold stories of someone not unplugging an EV.
This could be said for so many things - for every X there are thousands who did not do X - maybe millions.

I could list many - but then this will go to controversial topics - so I wont.

This could be said for so many things - for every X there are thousands who did not do X - maybe millions.

I could list many - but then this will go to controversial topics - so I wont.
When I had Lasik done the internet was new. I didn't think to use the internet for research and trusted my eye doctors recommendation to have the procedure.

After the procedure, I had a great outcome, I thought to search the internet to see what others had to say.

The internet was filled with negative outcomes.

There is a psychological reason why.

https://rizereviews.com/why-people-...nclined to,more urgent than negative emotions.

Customers are more inclined to write negative reviews than positive reviews because of the heightened emotional response. Because of the way our brain reacts, negative emotions are processed more thoroughly. This is why negative experiences last longer in our minds and appear more urgent than negative emotions.

It is important to know this and react accordingly.

If I had spent any time researching Lasik prior to the procedure I might not have had the procedure.

That opened my eyes to how reviews work and how I needed to many times look past the emotion and find the facts.

When I had Lasik done the internet was new. I didn't think to use the internet for research and trusted my eye doctors recommendation to have the procedure.

After the procedure, I had a great outcome, I thought to search the internet to see what others had to say.

The internet was filled with negative outcomes.
I would not compare Lasik or restaurant reviews to a petty crime or theft.

Lasik is voluntary in almost all cases. The negative reviews were very helpful when i got it - about 20 years ago. The right doctor makes all difference. IF you go to someone in a strip mall that has a buy one get one free coupon it might not go well. Even now every time I go to my annual check - with a completely different doctor he comments on how well my Lasik went and is surprised I still not need glasses.

Again I'm not going to get into specific examples of people who are law abiding having their rights taken away because of one bad apple. Its not a topic for this board.

I would not compare Lasik or restaurant reviews to a petty crime or theft.

You missed my point.

Because of the way our brain reacts, negative emotions are processed more thoroughly. This is why negative experiences last longer in our minds and appear more urgent than negative emotions.

There is a alot of brain chemistry that has to be overcome to look past the bad and see the good.

Not just with EV reviews and experiences but everything in life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter