• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electical Converters

Diskidatheart

DIS Veteran
Since Christmas is coming up soon, I thought I'd include on my Christmas list a converter for any electrical items that we are going to take to Italy, such as hair dryer and curling iron for my wife, and phone and possibly a laptop. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to buy or more importantly, which one not to buy. Are they all basically the same or is there something that I need to look for when purchasing. This is our first trip to Europe in over 20 years, so I'm guessing this is still an important item to pack.:confused3

I have no advice on the brand, but would highly recommend you get one with a transformer that steps down the voltage to 110. If you just get the adapters you need to have small appliances that are dual voltage. We have three different brands and they all work equally well.

we got a really nice transformer at brookstone, also got an awesome converter that charges ipods with the USB cord right on the end of the converter at the same time as charging something in the plug part... which with 3 ipod family, it is handy

Curling irons and flat irons are an issue when you travel. You need to make sure that it will work in Europe - even with the convertor. Some brands are specifically made to work overseas.

Since Christmas is coming up soon, I thought I'd include on my Christmas list a converter for any electrical items that we are going to take to Italy, such as hair dryer and curling iron for my wife, and phone and possibly a laptop. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to buy or more importantly, which one not to buy. Are they all basically the same or is there something that I need to look for when purchasing. This is our first trip to Europe in over 20 years, so I'm guessing this is still an important item to pack.:confused3

They all work basically the same way and can be found at mainline retailers like Target/Walmart...

When we go to Europe, we bring one that steps down the voltage. And then bring a couple of the plug converters.

Many appliances and even my Laptop will step it down as long as you can plug it in withe the adapter.

I would put a Red tape on the ends of things that need the converter, cuz if you forget to use it you could fry something.

S

When we go to Europe, we bring one that steps down the voltage. And then bring a couple of the plug converters.

Many appliances and even my Laptop will step it down as long as you can plug it in withe the adapter.

I would put a Red tape on the ends of things that need the converter, cuz if you forget to use it you could fry something.

S

Great idea on the red tape. I know I will definitely forget. Now all I have to do is go shopping and find one.

S

Good idea, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter