"Economy" = "Compact" for National?

cigar95

DIS weakest link
For my rental last month at MCO (arrived 9/14, just after flights had resumed), I went to the National lot and looked for the Compact section. Found full size, economy, intermediate, luxury, and everything but "compact". When I asked an attendant, she directed me to the "Economy" area and said "they're the same".

Sure enough, every single car on the economy aisle was what we always see described as a compact.

Is this the normal state of affairs at MCO? If so, sounds like there's no need to reserve a compact if one can get the same car for an economy rate. (Of course, in my case my coupon was only good for compact and up, so it actually would have cost more to reserve the smaller car.)

Also, just as an aside - my arrival was delayed a day because of the shutdown, and National lopped a day off my reservation no questions asked, without costing me my good base rate. (I did lose the contract discount, but kept the coupon discount. Total cost for seven days was a bit less than the original eight day cost had been. It was no time to debate anyone.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter