Eating and snap chatting our way around the world – a *LIVE* April 2016 Report UPDATED APR 1st

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Welcome!

I'm inviting you all to join me as I snap chat my way around Walt Disney World. It's been a long time since I've written a WDW report, but I've just discovered snap chat (Yup, I'm a bit late to the party lol) and I think it's such a great way to tell the story of a trip in a quick and simple manner.

This report will go into detail of our meals throughout the trip, but for those interested in following more of the trip, follow me on snap chat. My username is tinkerbelle325.

So let's begin with the basics....I'm Megan. I'm 30 years old and I've been to WDW more than 50 times. My last trip was in June 2015. Typically my family goes to WDE two or three times per year, so a 10 month break has felt like forever! However, in that 10 months so many things happened. I left my old job, got a new one that I love and I bought my very first home! On top of all of that, this trip will also be a celebration of my 31st birthday :)

WHEN
April 5th - 15th

WHERE
Disney's Coronado Springs &
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Counting down the days!
Happy Easter!
100 hours!! (Or 4 days and 4 hours for most people...lol)

Tuesday, April 5th
DINNER: Cracker Barrel

Wednesday, April 6th
BREAKFAST: Airport hotel
LUNCH: McDonald’s
DINNER: Spice Road Table & Outdoor Kitchens

Thursday, April 7th
BREAKFAST: Main Street Bakery Starbucks
LUNCH: Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER: “Around the World Showcase” & Outdoor Kitchens

Friday, April 8th
BREAKFAST: In Room
LUNCH: Sanaa
DINNER: Boma

Saturday, April 9th
BREAKFAST: Kusafiri
LUNCH: Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER: Jiko

Sunday, April 10th
BRUNCH: Boma
DINNER: Via Napoli

Monday, April 11th
LUNCH: The Boathouse
DINNER: Liberty Tree Tavern

Tuesday, April 12th
BREAKFAST: Les Halles
LUNCH: Teppan Edo
DINNER: Jiko

Wednesday, April 13th
LUNCH: “Around the World Showcase” & Outdoor Kitchens
DINNER: California Grill Lounge
EVENING: Trader Sam’s

Thursday, April 14th
BREAKFAST: Main Street Bakery Starbucks
LUNCH: Columbia Harbour House
DINNER: Via Napoli

Friday, April 15th
BRUNCH: Boma
DINNER: Cracker Barrel

Last edited:

I was really hoping someone else would have asked before I needed too :tongue: How do I add you because I'd love to follow!!! I'm so new to Snapchat LOL.

Sounds like an awesome trip, I'm so excited for you!! I added you to snapchat, can't wait to see your pics :dogdance:

I was really hoping someone else would have asked before I needed too :tongue: How do I add you because I'd love to follow!!! I'm so new to Snapchat LOL.

Hi! No problem at all it can be a bit confusing lol.

When you open the app, tap on the little ghost like icon at the top, centre of the screen. Then select "Add Friends" and then "Add by Username" and enter my username which is tinkerbelle325 and click the little + sign! Then you'll see my updates as I post throughout the trip! Thanks for following :)

Counting down the days!
Thanks so much to everyone that is following along so far. As I count down the days until we leave for this trip (10!) I'm looking back at some of my pictures from our June 2015 vacation. So I thought I'd share a few of them with you, both food and non-food related.
We got to experience The Boathouse for lunch and loved it so much we'll be returning on this coming trip.

I'm also really excited to keep experimenting with my Digital SLR. I'm slowly getting used to taking pictures with it. Here's a few from June as I played with compositions and settings.

Happy Easter!

Hi everyone. I hope you've had a relaxing and enjoyable Easter weekend. Friday was my birthday and while I had a fantastic time celebrating with family & friends...I'm really looking forward to my Disney birthday dinner at Jiko. We make a point of visiting Jiko at least once per trip, usually twice. The ambience, service and food never disappoint. As I count down the days (10!!) I thought I would share some pictures from our last meal at Jiko.

Bread Service - this changed at some point in 2015 and we really miss the old bread with tandoori butter. I'll be interested to see if it has remained the same when we return.

Amuse Bouche - sometimes we are lucky enough to receive a small bite from the kitchen to start our meal. If memory serves me correctly it was a spicy braised lamb.

The Taste of Africa - this is by far my favourite appetizer on WDW property. The fresh naan and crisp bread paired with exotic dips and spreads is downright crave-able.

Crispy Duck Bobotie Roll - these are another fantastic appetizer. The African take on a spring roll with tender spiced meat, a crisp shell, a creamy cucumber raita and refreshing pickles.

Wild Boar with Pap and Chakalaka - game meats can be an acquired taste, but boar is a great way to venture into trying game. It tastes like a cross between beef and pork.

I can't recall the exact name of this flatbread, but it was topped with spiced cauliflower, cheese and one of the spicier spreads from the Taste of Africa. It was tasty, but not repeatable.

Tomato Salad and Cheese Selection - the tomato salad was a new item that week. One of the only foods I dislike is tomato (the texture rather than the taste). Well this preparation was so amazing that I nearly licked the plate. There were multiple textures from dried to pureed to jelled to roasted. The cheese selection is another favourite. The pairings are always interesting and the cheeses presented offer a good variety of mild to aged to bold.

Another item that I can't recall the name of but it appears to be a bread pudding like dessert topped with ice cream.

Kenyan Chocolate Pot de Creme - this is by far my favourite dessert at Jiko. The chocolate pot de creme is rich and silky, the cream and almond crunch pair well as a contrast.

Needless to say this was an outstanding meal and we're looking forward to two stops at Jiko on this upcoming trip.

Following along on Snapchat.

Your photos look great (the food and the scenery)! We ate at The Boathouse last month and really enjoyed it, and my mouth is watering looking at those rolls. ;)

Oh man, you are making me rethink my ADRs for August with those Boathouse pics! Following along!

100 hours!! (Or 4 days and 4 hours for most people...lol)

Can you tell I'm excited? I'm literally counting down the hours until we leave. Well until we leave for Buffalo that is. You see we live in Toronto, ON and our airport has some of the highest taxes in the world. As a result, we never fly from Toronto but rather we shuffle off to Buffalo. It gives us an excuse to start the vacation a little bit earlier because we often stay overnight and fly out in the early AM. So in exactly 100 hours the car will be packed and we'll be on our way.

I have lots of pre-trip rituals and to me the anticipation of the trip is a big part of the planning fun! Starting a few weeks before our trip I always:

• Listen to WDW music. Some of my favorites are the Flame Tree BBQ area music, the Innoventions area music, the Tower of Terror Queue music, the Magic Kingdom Entrance area music, the Main Street area music, the Epcot entrance music and pretty much every attraction ride through I can find on YouTube!
  • Check the status of our flight. I like seeing the trends. Does it leave early? Does it arrive ahead of schedule? Are there usually slight delays?
  • Day dream about Disney food. Somehow all food becomes lackluster in the week leading up to a trip to WDW.
  • Check the weather. Now, I don't just casually check the forecast. I have multiple sites I watch and neurotically I always believe the best forecast even if it's from a different site each day LOL.
Here's the current forecast!

I can't wait to see!!! Also I'm a neighbor about 2.5 hours away down the 401!!! We normally fly out of Detroit b/c yup it's WAY cheaper! I like that our vacation gets to start early but this time (in 17 days) we will just get up really early and drive since it's just me and my oldest daughter! Wishing you an amazing trip!

Just stopping by to say I'm having a blast living vicariously through you on Snapchat! Thanks for the add, and enjoy the rest of your trip! (I know I will, lol.)

Your photos are fantastic, I love the serving dish/plate from the Boathouse with the lobster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter