Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideas??? Suggestions and recipes are welcomed for your favorites. I love trying new recipes.

I do a really easy macaroon with a Hershey Kiss nestled in the top of it. The macaroons are made of a bag of coconut and a can of condensed milk, that's it! Bake them until slightly golden and press a kiss in the top while they are still warm. So easy and quite delicious!

Dinner tonight:
White Beans and Ham (in the crockpot now)
Cornbread

I do a really easy macaroon with a Hershey Kiss nestled in the top of it. The macaroons are made of a bag of coconut and a can of condensed milk, that's it! Bake them until slightly golden and press a kiss in the top while they are still warm. So easy and quite delicious!

Dinner tonight:
White Beans and Ham (in the crockpot now)
Cornbread

I love macaroons!!! Those sound like a homemade mounds bar cookie and I love Mounds bars. (But these aren't for me, lol. Well, I should have a couple just for quality controls purposes you know :rolleyes1) Thanks! Great idea.

Wow- is no no one eating at home tonight??? :lmao: We are!

Chicken Veggie Soup- from the freezer
Grilled Cheese Sammies

We are having skinnytaste.com's Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables. For 2 chicken thighs and a huge serving of vegetables it is only 347 calories! Really excited about it!

I need to start working on next weeks meals.

We are having breakfast for dinner. Apple cinnamon wheat pancakes with bacon (a rare splurge) and fruit.

I noticed a lot of you serve sloppy joes pretty regularly so I thought of give it a try on my family. Not a success!:confused3
Love this thread tho. I'm going to try those macaroon cookies when my parents come at Christmas!

I noticed a lot of you serve sloppy joes pretty regularly so I thought of give it a try on my family. Not a success!:confused3
Love this thread tho. I'm going to try those macaroon cookies when my parents come at Christmas!

Did you make it with the canned stuff (Manwich)...or did you make it homemade? Pioneerwoman.com has a homemade recipe...so easy and so much better than canned, I will never eat canned again.

Did you make it with the canned stuff (Manwich)...or did you make it homemade? Pioneerwoman.com has a homemade recipe...so easy and so much better than canned, I will never eat canned again.

I have to agree with this. I use ground turkey and her recipe and they are delicious.

Tonight we are having homemade veggie pizza with arancini balls.

I have to agree with this. I use ground turkey and her recipe and they are delicious.

Hmmm... I will have to look into her recipe and using turkey. Mom loves sloppy joes, but they are not exactly diet friendly.

Tonight we are having steak tacos with black beans.

Last night's Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables was awesome! It did not taste like "diet" food at all.

I used a recipe off food network but maybe I will give the one u suggested a try. :)

I returned from work travel last night and have no idea about the rest of the week... Looking for inspiration here on the boards....:surfweb:

We changed our menu for tonight. We had a new grocery, Earth Fare, open up yesterday so we went to check it out. By signing up for their e-mail I got a free whole fryer chciekn when I spent $10 (which was very easy).

So tonight we are having
Roasted chicken
Roasted red potatoes
Brussel sprouts
Tangerines

Just finished a fairly big grocery trip. Tonight is tacos and here are my plans for the next little while:
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
Spaghetti with two sauces and homemade bread
Chili and Corn Bread
Chicken/Fish Sandwiches and veggies
Hotdogs/Hummus and Tomato on a bun with veggies
Tuna noodle bake and homemade bread
Veggie Soup and biscuits
Chili Cheese Potato's
Loaded Ramen Soup
Pork Loin/Black Beans and onions with rice and veggies
Chicken/Tuna Salad Sandwiches fried potato's and veggies
Breakfast at dinner French toast, scrambled eggs and hash browns

Back from our adults vacation to wine country yesterday and suffering from a little jet lag, so I didn't feel like cooking at all! Luckily there was some leftover manwhich in the fridge that the kids didn't eat while we were gone. So, I warmed that along with a package of mashed potatoes and some cole slaw. Family loved it.

Tonight I'm thinking Tacos/Refriend Beans/Corn...
Tomorrow I'll make some Chili.
Saturday I'm looking forward to Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup for lunch. That evening I'll probably make a frozen pizza for the kids because DH and I are attending a holiday party.

Any ideas for a good appetizer to take along? I'll probably do my standby... but, I'd take suggestions!

Sundays we always do a big brunch, an afternoon snack and a big dinner. I'm planning to make Cioppino. I had some wonderful Cioppino in San Francisco this week and I'm hoping to duplicate it for my family. YUMMY!!!

for Sloppy Joes we either buy the package (Mccormicks i think) or Heinz brand vs. Manwich- my family just doesn't care of the taste of that brand.

Appitizer = buffalo chicken dip or bacon wrapped water chestnuts. YUM..

Tonight is going to be spaghetti with homemade sauce, salad and garlic bread for me, hubs and DD - DS is having hockey team dinner .

last night was breakfast for supper....I still have no idea what tonight will bring. I am not doing very well.:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter