• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EasyJet - What a Shocker!!!!

Bilboo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Had to change my flight booking today for our flights to Paris (en-route to DLP) with EasyJet in 2 weeks time, all I was doing was changing one forename (my Mum is coming instead of my Wife - personal problems!!!).

I expected to pay some form of administration charge which I guessed to be in the region of £20, but I nearly fell off my seat when it actually come in at nearly £114.

Not only are you charged £20 admin, but they also then charge the difference between the cost of the seat now and what you originally paid for it.

To be fair to EasyJet it is part of the Term & Conditions and was clear in the FAQ's but I still think this is a bit much, especially when the cost of the flights for 2 adults and 1 child was only £165 in the first place.

I suppose that's the price you pay with cheap carriers, none of the nicities of the larger carriers.

Does anyone know if other airlines have this practice?

Anyway, I'm not going to let it spoil my trip, but beware the pitfalls of booking EasyJet!!!

Cheers

Yes, it is one of the problems. Same with many internet deals for hotels. Some even charge you a day when you cancel the whole visit :rolleyes:

Reid

Yikes, that is a lot! I guess ej do it to stop people buying loads of seats at their low prices ages in advance, then selling them on at high prices nearer the time. But not fair to people like you!

I'm not sure what other airlines policies are, I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar, after all - they're out to make ££ too!

I think some people (not you! just people in general) are unustly harsh on easyjet. Like on Airport/Airline - people expect that low prices means they can just turn up whenever they like without any problem, its not a bus!! But then I'm biased by doing some work for their magazine!

I admit I'm sure it was a bit of shock when they quoted you the price - but well done for not letting yourself get too annoyed by it. I also appreciate you posting this so that others are aware of the policy.

I also agree with Missj171. I've got my flights to Paris for just £40 per person, which is ludicrous when you think about it!! I can't really knock Easyjet, when they're enabling me to fly to Paris so cheaply. Not that I wouldn't be annoyed about it though.......!!

missj171 said:
I think some people (not you! just people in general) are unustly harsh on easyjet. Like on Airport/Airline - people expect that low prices means they can just turn up whenever they like without any problem, its not a bus!! But then I'm biased by doing some work for their magazine!

I have always thought the same thing. We would not have went twice in one year if it was not for easyJet sale.
Although I think much of the Airport/Airline is actually for the camera. :rolleyes: When we went in November DP would not go near check-in while the cameras were there. I stood and watched production crew talk to a group of Italians at the desk. 1 1/2 hours later the film crew set up behind the EJ check-in desk and a camera man followed closely the running 8 Italians as they tried to check-in for a flight after the gate had closed ;)
Yes television reality shows :teeth:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter