Easy Way to Register and/or Vote Absentee in Your State

It depends totally on your local situation.

Here, when we vote in person we often have a wait in line. Waiting in line, with who knows who, with who knows what level of effective social distancing, is not something we want to do at this time.

I much prefer voting in person, in my regular precinct, on election day. It just feels more real to me. But this isn't the year for that...for us.

We rarely have to wait more than 5 mins. We vote at the high school and there is no school that day, so less people, plenty of parking, go during the day.

Years ago, we voted in a smallish church and the machines were set up for republicans or democrats. We went in the evening, told the kids we'd be back in 15 mins. Well, my husband got in and out in 2 mins. I had to wait over an hour . He went home and came back. LOL

Wisconsin has Election Day voter registration so you can come to your polling location, register, and then immediately vote.

Same in MN - it's wonderful!

Already requested. Received primary ones and filled out/returned. Easy peasy

In our case, I don't see a need for mail in. We are going to church, to a grocery store, even went to Homedepot. I don't see the difference in going to vote.

The poll workers might appreciate it. We'll be there, either because we need the money or because we believe that strongly in what we're doing, but I think voting by mail where one can is a very considerate thing to do.

I live in PA and mail voted for the first time in the primary. You had to request a ballot from the election office, I did online. They send it, there’s a bar code with your information so it can’t be counted twice and you also have to sign. They check the signature against their record, just like they do at the polls. It would be hard to fake. I don’t know what I will do for November. If I can go in person, I will. I’m afraid those mail ballots will be thrown out in a challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter