Easy and delicious cake recipe (for chocoholics)

LucyStorm

Has a love affair with the monorail
1 box of chocolate cake mix (follow the directions but omit the oil)
1 cup of sour cream
1 large box of chocolate pudding mix
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Mix all together and bake as directed on cake mix in 11 x 13 cake pan. Frost while warm with prepared chocolate frosting (you want it to melt a little) or let cool and frost with a white cooked frosting.

This cake is better and moister the second day. It is SO easy to make! Enjoy!

PS-I have also made this with banana cake mix and banana pudding-equally as good!

Sounds yummy. I may have to try that for my family. I just love warm cake with melty icing. :)

Oh my, this is great! I made one day before yesterday and it is gone! The family loved it. I don't think I should make it again for a while, but it tastes like you've gone to a lot of trouble. Sooooo easy. Guess I'll have to try the banana one one of these days, but it'd have to be wonderful to beat the chocolate one!

As much as it doesn't seem like it would, this cake rises pretty high, and overflowed the smaller pan when I tried it, but my 9x13 is pretty shallow, so you can always try and see what happens. I'd bet this would make good cupcakes too.

Cupcakes is a good idea--or maybe I'll try 2 or 3 of my bigger layer pans. Can't wait to give it a try! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter